Author Topic: CIndy Sheehan...  (Read 9445 times)

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Cindy Sheehan
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2006, 08:20:35 AM »
well, if you cant beat um, join um (untill the thread gets closed anyway).

I agree with Smash brother, Cindy Sheehan is not discracing the memory of her son.  I think she is not protesting because of the fact that her son died, its the reason he died.  Sheehan feels (along with a majority of americans) that we screwed up going into Iraq, that we were tricked by our president into believing that saddam had weapons of mass destruction.  Our troops are not dead because of a fight for our country, or our freedom, there is no acceptable reason why we are over there in a war that there is a good chance we cannot win.

Yes, Sheehan's son died over there in iraq during wartime, fighting "for our country" in something that he signed up for, the same as all of the troops that are over there.  It would be understandable if her son died for freedom, or to protect our country, but that is not the case.  That is why our soldiers are dieing without just cause, and that is why Sheehan is protesting.

When you sign up for the army (before the war started) you sign up with the understanding that you will only be sent to war as a last resort.  This war has proven that false
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
RE:Cindy Sheehan
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2006, 06:07:19 PM »
Even though this thread died, I'm gonna resurrect it with some other uncanny look like appearance

is this Usher's dad?

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2006, 06:26:05 PM »
Not sure, but that movie was awesome.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2006, 08:18:28 PM »
Yes.

Well, actually, I don't remember the sequel that well.

Oh, I might as well respond to nitsu while I'm here, SERIOUS DISCUSSION behind spoilers:

It is a fact that she is a selfish, greedy, conceited person. It's a fact her son died doing something he signed up for. It's a fact that she has turned his death into something about her. It's a fact that she can't honor his sacrifice.

It's not political, I never went into politics.

Was Gandhi greedy for turning people's suffering into something that was 'about him'? Was Martin Luther King? (not saying Sheehan is comparable to those two) Are people who haven't been affected by the Iraq war the only ones who are allowed to protest it?

No, you don't bring up politics, but I wish you had. Instead of attacking the opinion, you're attacking the opinionee... which isn't, in my view, the best way to go about things.

“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Galford

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Cindy Sheehan
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2006, 09:33:54 PM »
Do you know Cindy Sheehan has talked about running for senate in Calf?  No joke.  
I hope she ready, b/c the media will give an anal exam of hentai proportions.
Wii Code - 8679 5256 1008 2077