Author Topic: Resident Evil 4 Discussion  (Read 177236 times)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: Resident Evil 4 Discussion
« Reply #650 on: August 03, 2004, 07:41:31 PM »
Of course it's true.

Now since 2004 is outta the question, Capcom should compensate by giving me more funny risque costumes.  And minigames.  And special messages from the director.  And a "making of" movie.  And ice cream.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline chain chomp

• Voted BEST by Pietriots
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Resident Evil 4 Discussion
« Reply #651 on: August 06, 2004, 11:31:21 AM »
heres my ideas RE 4 will have zombies ashley will slowly transform leon will kill her and keep her body to give to the president the president will dump her body into the wastleland shown at the end of outbreak anyway before that when ashley transforms leon kills her grabs her body runs out side to find a hord of zombies the president will fly over and give ashley s body to him but as leon is climbing the ladder the zombies grab him and pull him off leon will mow them down with hs uzi and run he finds the mansion which was shown in the scraped version of RE 4 leon will get to the entrance and it is dusty he wipes of some dust and he sees the words UMBRELLA  then it shall end

RE5 it shall be set in umbrellas early days when the t virus is  first shipped you play as a survivor

RE6 shall be set at the end of RE6 IT WILL BE FULL OF ZOMBIES ithink all STARS members should die

RE7 SHOULD FOLLOW THE STORY OF THE GUY FROM re4 THE LAST SURVIVOR
wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #652 on: August 06, 2004, 12:55:40 PM »
Good speculation.

Offline chain chomp

• View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 07, 2004, 02:12:23 AM »
thanks  

Offline Zero_Plague

• Only Linkin Park understands
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 07, 2004, 07:20:41 PM »
Hehe.  You've got quite an interesting imagination... however, there are some statements in your speculation that need to be clarified.

I'm sure that the President sent out Leon to rescue his kidnapped daughter out of love for his family... not so that he can dump her body into the waste land of Raccoon City which is rather disrespectful and seemingly pointless for whatever corportation has settled there.

Also, Capcom have officially stated that even though they may still have importance in the game, the Umbrella Corporation has been destroyed by the government therefore wouldn't be undergoing anymore research in their compound from the early trailers of Resident Evil 4... however, I still do believe that that mansion will somehow have an appearance or major part in the game.  Even though the plot and enemies may have been scrapped, I still have doubts that the setting hasn't been taken out.

As for your ideas on Resident Evil's 5, 6 and 7... I don't really understand what you mean.  So please, expand on your explanation of them.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 07, 2004, 09:56:00 PM »
"enemies may have been scrapped"

I dunno Zero.  In the E32k3 trailer it was pretty neat with that ghost-ish blue0ish guy with the hook.  Now every enemy in the game acts like he does.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #656 on: August 07, 2004, 11:50:20 PM »
Well, importing existing animation routines must've been easy.

Offline Zero_Plague

• View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 08, 2004, 02:42:39 AM »
Although the enemy movements may still be in Resident Evil 4... I highly doubt that Shinji would keep in characters like Mr. Hook and the rumoured "possessed dolls" etc...

Would of been interesting to see, but then again... what else can you ask for when Leon must go against hordes of crazed villagers?  I just hope that this new "change" will have some connections with the previous Resident Evil plots.

Offline chain chomp

• View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 09, 2004, 10:45:26 AM »
 sorry the president will actuly buriy her in his grave yard  heres my ideas RE 4 will have zombies ashley will slowly transform leon will kill her and keep her body to give to the president the president will dump her body into the wastleland shown at the end of outbreak anyway before that when ashley transforms leon kills her grabs her body runs out side to find a hord of zombies the president will fly over and give ashley s body to him but as leon is climbing the ladder the zombies grab him and pull him off leon will mow them down with hs uzi and run he finds the mansion which was shown in the scraped version of RE 4 leon will get to the entrance and it is dusty he wipes of some dust and he sees the words UMBRELLA  then it shall end (i still think wesker could start up umbrella here and he infecterd the villagers with a more controled version of the t-virus and made them stop anyone finding the mansion)

RE5 it shall be set in umbrellas early days when the t virus is  first shipped you play as a person boy or woman ( you chose ) that is trapped in the lab you will see the full transformation from human to crazed madman to canibal yo zombie)

RE6 shall be set at the end of RE4 IT WILL BE FULL OF ZOMBIES ithink all STARS members should die it will be set in the mansion

i scraped the origanal RE7 ideas for this : it shall be a free roming enviroment it will be set in 5 different citys in the uk and 5 citys in the place where RE4 is setFREE KEVIN

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 09, 2004, 12:04:11 PM »
There should be one where you play as the zombie. You are partially resistant and so have the whole phisique but retain your brain and the objective is to kill as many zombies as possible before you totally lose it.

Offline Zero_Plague

• View Profile
« Reply #660 on: August 09, 2004, 10:44:39 PM »

i still think wesker could start up umbrella here and he infecterd the villagers with a more controled version of the t-virus and made them stop anyone finding the mansion)

That'd be somewhat logical, but from the cinematic between Albert Wesker and William Birkin in Resident Evil Zero, Wesker actually states that he is leaving the Umbrella Corporation for good and will be joining a corporation named the HCF, which stands for either Hive Capture Force or Host Capture Force.  It hasn't really clearly been sorted by Capcom.  But anyway, seeing that Wesker left Umbrella, there wouldn't be any advantage for him or them if he helps them re-establish their company.  If Umbrella were to come back (which I find relatively doubtful) then I'd presume it'd be Lord Spencer who would re-create his corporation... premusing that he might still be alive.

As for your idea on Resident Evil 5, not much of the Resident Evil storyline would increase except for clearing up a few plot holes from Resident Evil Zero and Resident Evil 1, so I'd find it quite pointless for the game to revolve around the attack on the laboratory... however, this sort of theme may serve relatively good for a Resident Evil side-game.  Not a bad idea for a kick-off game, but certainly not for a game that is vital to the story and would need to be numbered.

With Resident Evil 6, it might possibly work out, but it'd be extremely difficult to tie all the STARS members into one game that is situated in Europe... and it'd also be a little out of place.  Having the whole mansion-idea with Umbrella possibly inhabbiting it would need to be fitted into Resident Evil 4... not an entirely new game.  But once again, not a bad idea for an extension on Resident Evil 4.

And finally, with Resident Evil 7... having a free-roaming environment would be extraordinary as long as it isn't made like an environment that you'd find in an RPG however, 10 cities in total would be a little too much... and the idea of the protagonist returning to the Resident Evil 4 setting would be a little repetitive and might make gamers angry.

There should be one where you play as the zombie. You are partially resistant and so have the whole phisique but retain your brain and the objective is to kill as many zombies as possible before you totally lose it.

That'd be better off to be used as a mini-game for one of the future Resident Evil's... but for having a game on its own where you play as a person slowly going through zombification wouldn't really be my forte and in the end can be rather pointless.  Also, the storyline which doesn't sound like it'd be that advanced might make fan boys angry.

Offline 3rdrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 09, 2004, 11:30:47 PM »

Originally posted by: Jale

I thought about this idea too. That would be fun

Fuzzy eybrows!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 10, 2004, 07:04:32 AM »
I would rather it be included as a minigame, not made as a full game...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline 3rdrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 10, 2004, 11:17:51 AM »
yeah i doubt it would take a games length to transform anyway. unless they had little viles you could inject into yourself to prolong the transformation
Fuzzy eybrows!

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 10, 2004, 11:33:32 AM »
Thats why I said you are partially immune. Its taking longer to transform.

Offline 3rdrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 10, 2004, 11:45:41 AM »
meh I dont see anybody being partially immune to the T virus. Unless maybe they were experimented on or something like that
Fuzzy eybrows!

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: August 10, 2004, 12:09:09 PM »
THEY WERE EXPERIMENTED ON! BRILLIANT!

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 10, 2004, 04:12:57 PM »
Hey this thread has 666 replies (olol not anymore), maybe the devil will be in the game.

"What are you looking at Leon..... Leon?"

"..."

I hope RE4 doesn't have any PAUSES. One thing that bugs me about RE is while your waiting for a door to open, or waiting for one cutscene to continue after the previous one, or waiting for a CROW to fly through the WINDOW you could have made yourself some toast and made a post on an internet forum. RE4 seems to be more focused on action, which by no means makes it less scary, but just less... boring. Can't wait. I've been replaying RE0 and it rocks. True story.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #668 on: August 10, 2004, 04:58:24 PM »
Outdoor and indoor environments are not "divided," as evidenced by Leon kicking doors open and waltzing right in without delay.  You happy, no?  

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 10, 2004, 10:13:13 PM »
I'm excited in the pantaloons.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: August 10, 2004, 10:57:05 PM »
Noooo!  I don't want the whole place to be one undivided area!  That means the weird folks could be behind any one of those doors!!
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline Zero_Plague

• View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 10, 2004, 11:17:23 PM »

Originally posted by: Deguello
That means the weird folks could be behind any one of those doors!!

Isn't that a good thing?

No more enemies being re-positioned after you leave the room and then re-enter it a few seconds later, no more sprints for a door so that you can loose whatever enemies are chasing you... and best of all, no more door loading sequences that take hours of your time.  A perfect example of this would be the cargo door on the plane in Code Veronica.  Waiting for that door to open each time after you are killed by the Tyrant is extremely annoying.

You should be thanking Capcom that they have made the whole map one big undivided area.  More scares and less bears.  (Sorry, couldn't think of any other rhyming word :S  )

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 10, 2004, 11:19:00 PM »
I think you missed the subtle sarcasm..
OUT OF DATE.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #673 on: August 15, 2004, 10:27:11 PM »
Did anyone get the September 2004 issue of Famitsu Wave DVD?

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #674 on: August 17, 2004, 03:27:57 AM »
Leon should run around topless with a headband like RAMBO.  That'd be an interesting costume.

KILL EVERYTHING WITH MACHINE GUNS.  ROCK N ROLL.