Author Topic: Filipino Inventor, Car That Runs On Water, DS perhaps ?  (Read 9424 times)

Offline kheenan_thought

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Filipino Inventor, Car That Runs On Water, DS perhaps ?
« on: August 18, 2004, 09:41:28 PM »
http://www.wasserauto.de/html/daniel_dingel.html

Here is the proof that the man from the Manila, Philippines, his name is Daniel Dingle, since 1969 has been tinkering with the concept that Water can fuel a car, his mileage is awesome, 500 km per 1 Gallon of Tap Water or Salt Water, that is about 300 plus miles per 1 gallon of Water if converted, really awesome. 30 years had past and he still fighting and living the dream, to bad he cannot get a great deal of support from the Philippine Gov't. He wants to get an international patent, if someone from his country that can read this hope you can help the man, its no Ford or Toyota or even a Mercedes that created this, its from the land of the Jeepneys.

Now your thinking what is this had to do with the DS or even the PSP, the BATTERY LIFE !!! I had to present the facts before I post a title like "DS that Runs On Water" so that people will not think that i'm a lunatic or something, Now here are proof and facts that someday our electronic gadget like Nintedo DS, TV's or Cars, will use water for fuel or electric energy, if our man for Manila can do it, so can Nintedo and Sony .

Can you imagine what would be the cost of say a DS if it uses water instead of batteries ? Its nice to dream that we can get the PSP for as little as $ 89.99 come launch.

The original site is in German, but you can use Google to translate it, Go to www.google.com, type Daniel Dingle on the search bar, then click on translate so you can read it in english.

Go Daniel Dingle !!! DS that runs on water, WOW !!!

by the way his prototype car is a modified Toyota Corolla v1.6 GLi 1990

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Filipino Inventor, Car That Runs On Water, DS perhaps ?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 10:49:40 PM »
umm... A car requires you to constantly buy fuel.  A handheld needs only one battery for practically its entire lifespan and that battery is cheaper than a single tank of gas.  I'm really not seeing the advantage to your scheme here.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2004, 01:54:44 AM »
I'm with Bloodworth...I think.
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 04:24:03 AM »
Water powered generator perhaps?
OUT OF DATE.

Offline Chongman

• LOL Breaking Tables is Cool!
    • View Profile
RE:Filipino Inventor, Car That Runs On Water, DS perhaps ?
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 10:10:21 AM »

I know!!

This way you can play it in the pool!!

Or the shower....

imagine....ultimate NAKED GAMING!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
ooberage
------------
in the days of yesteryear I'm still playing SMB3, chrono trigger, and
reading calvin and hobbes

~*~*~*~
PSP vs NDS....c'mon...really...who in their right gaming mind will buy the PSP?

Believe...Nintendo
Stop....whining

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 10:36:29 AM »
Somehow I think it would be more efficient to mae water-fueled power stations that generate electricity so many people can power their DSes or use it for other things.

But that's jsut my oddball logic

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2004, 10:40:42 AM »
Ether energy? That sounds like absolute bullshit, the ether was a concept to explain radio waves. Also, electrolysis is endothermous, it eats power, it doesn't generate it. The hydrogen fuel cells don't get their energy from splitting water (which is endothermous) but from reunifying it again. However, I've heard promises of fuel cells small enough to power portable devices, so if it's just a mere fuel cell it'll work for handhelds, too.

Either way, what this guy is promising is the perpetuum mobile and nothing less. Oh, and he claims it runs on life force. Hm, I wonder if using this thing will devour your soul or send you straight to hell...

And another thing: Doesn't a "promising energy source" based on "life force" remind you of something? I mean, wasn't that what the Space Pirates wanted to use the Metroids for?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2004, 12:51:34 PM »
Daniel Dingle is a Space Pirate!  >=O

*looks up "Bounty Hunters" in phone book*
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Lost101

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2004, 03:21:29 PM »
I like Jales idea.  I think this whole water thing would be great, hell the war in Iraq wouldnt have happened if we had cars that didnt need oil

Animal Crossing Wild World code:

3608  4016  4604

Name: Fausto
Town: Tatooine

Offline odifiend

• "Who's the tough guy now Vinnie?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2004, 05:25:00 PM »
Honestly even if it was sensible to use water to power your DS, there would be major issues.  I work with watches and to waterproof a watch costs a nice bit of change and even if it didn't you can eventually lose water resistence... so you'd eventually have to have somebody re-waterproof it or worse you won't know your DS has lost its water resistence until it is to late.  The damage that portable systems take doesn't help either.
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2004, 05:56:12 PM »
hey hey, keep the political comments out of the forums plz.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Lost101

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2004, 07:28:57 PM »
Sorry I guess I was outa line.  Then again, I wasnt expecting a topic about alternative forms of fuel in a Nintendo DS forum.
Animal Crossing Wild World code:

3608  4016  4604

Name: Fausto
Town: Tatooine

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2004, 09:57:46 PM »
odifiend: Just as a car's gas tank or batteries don't leak easily this wouldn't leak onto other parts of the device.

Offline odifiend

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2004, 04:37:49 AM »
Ideally, but if you are asking the consumer to refill the power on a tiny (relative to a car) device, sh!t WILL happen.  The DS has buttons, water can get through there.  I'm sure it has a game slot as well.  The only way to ensure that you refill your DS with care is if you owned some sort of chemistry lab.  I suppose Nintendo could ship the Nintendo dropper later on packaged with Pokemon ds.
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2004, 05:07:56 AM »
I'm pretty sure if that Perpetuum Mobile thing would work, you wouldn't need to refill the water. With real hydrogen cells you don't replace the water, either, just as you don't open a rechargeable battery and replace its fluid to recharge it.

Offline odifiend

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2004, 05:18:31 AM »
I'm not german, so all I saw was water being poured and heard 500km/ gallon.  You probably know something I don't.

"just as you don't open a rechargeable battery and replace its fluid to recharge it.

Right, eventually you lose the effiency to convert the lithium ions back into lithium metal (or whatever metal) and your battery dies.  Then you replace it.  Is this what I'm missing?  Did they say the water goes physically into the battery?  I've got to be missing some concept.
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline Draygaia

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2004, 06:23:25 AM »
I'm not one to say America is the best country but if that Filipino guy wants to get somewhere in the world he should do that in America.  In the future every company will be at their knees bowing to him.  Phillipines is a frickin poor ass place.  I wish they hurry up and get somebody like Japan or America to imperialize them.
www.chickenpatrol.com  Don't just eat meat.  Eat chicken.

Offline Myxtika1 Azn

• The Master of the Fists
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2004, 10:13:33 AM »

Originally posted by: Draygaia
I'Phillipines is a frickin poor ass place.  I wish they hurry up and get somebody like Japan or America to imperialize them.

Read up on some American history.

500 years ago, I shook the Pillars of Heaven.  Why should I fear a runt like you?

Offline Draygaia

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2004, 10:37:36 AM »

Originally posted by: Myxtika1 Azn

Originally posted by: Draygaia
I'Phillipines is a frickin poor ass place.  I wish they hurry up and get somebody like Japan or America to imperialize them.

Read up on some American history.

I did.  But that was then this is now.  I'm so thankful my parents moved their asses out of that cage.

www.chickenpatrol.com  Don't just eat meat.  Eat chicken.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2004, 09:22:11 PM »
odifiend: Well, the guy claims the energy comes out of the ether or life force (both is mentioned, then he babbles some bullsh#t about "energy from God" and stuff, makes me think of Chrno Crusade) and he somehow gets it from splitting water into hydrogen and oxygen. Since the latter two can be converted to water and release energy in the process and since water is a pretty simple substance and shouldn't wear out, I doubt you'd need to replace the water. If his appliance worked, that is. I still think he's full of sh#t. Hey, let's invent a crop-circle driven aircraft next!
Also, I don't think you can patent "summoning Satan"...

EDIT: And let's not forget that this is the Bild. They're about as reliable as reading the future from the shape of a snail that got stepped on. Means I'd rather trust GNCube than the Bild.

Offline odifiend

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2004, 04:59:37 AM »
Wow.  I'm curious on how this car actually works now.  Looking to your above post, you are right that the reaction is endothermic.  Even if you recombust the oxygen and hydrogen, the reaction isn't as efficient so you're always losing energy as opposed to gaining.  He either is a flim-flam (gotta love that word) or he found water laced with something that provides energy.  
Or maybe it does run on life force.
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2004, 05:35:34 AM »
Yeah, maybe he's burning the deuterium... Soon we'll stop measuring car power in horse powers or kilowatts, we'll start measuring in Never Happenings...

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2004, 07:43:55 AM »
I did see a clock that ran on water in a catolog once, so you can get energy out of water.  Of course a car takes up a lot more energy than a clock, and so does a ds.
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2004, 09:48:13 AM »
There are clocks driven by gravity, so the water could merely have a mechanical function in the clock.

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2004, 05:11:16 PM »
that is for bigger clocks.  This one is small and has a digital display. I found a link
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257