Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword  (Read 616079 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: New Wii Zelda
« Reply #575 on: February 04, 2010, 02:43:41 PM »
I don't think he's talking about dismembering at all. Rather, maybe dis-attaching a bag or piece of armor from an enemy.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 04, 2010, 03:29:20 PM »
I was joking around, but on a serious note, I'm sure he meant something like you encounter an enemy who has armor on. This armor has 4 stones. 1 Red on his chest, 2 blue on his shoulders and 1 green on his head. You have to destroy the stones in order with targeted attacks other wise he will remain invincible. That is the puzzle

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #577 on: February 04, 2010, 03:34:33 PM »
Swing the Megaton Hammer UP to pop the enemy in a trajectory that will properly press the wall button.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 04, 2010, 06:52:54 PM »
now THATS more like it ;)
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 04, 2010, 07:00:16 PM »
Or you could use your bow.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 04, 2010, 07:09:38 PM »
The sword came first
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline mac<censored>

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 04, 2010, 07:12:48 PM »
"Link!  Link!  Extinguish the flame!  Try spurting blood!"

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 04, 2010, 07:15:06 PM »
How about in the new game Link's Tunic takes damage as he loses hearts. By the time link has one heart left, his tunic would be torn to pieces like Goku's out fit in DBZ. Although the graphics engine would have to be pretty robust to attempt something of this caliber, but it would be cool none the less.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 04, 2010, 07:50:57 PM »
How about in the new game Link's Tunic takes damage as he loses hearts. By the time link has one heart left, his tunic would be torn to pieces like Goku's out fit in DBZ. Although the graphics engine would have to be pretty robust to attempt something of this caliber, but it would be cool none the less.

They did a decent enough job showing his tunic get wet after coming out of water, and that was on the GC engine.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 04, 2010, 08:39:55 PM »
It would look weird when he restores his hearts though.  It would magically repair itself.  That only really works one way, unless we buy another tunic everytime it gets damaged.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #585 on: February 04, 2010, 08:58:48 PM »
well its atleast something to spend rupees on right?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 04, 2010, 09:01:10 PM »
Swing the Megaton Hammer UP to pop the enemy in a trajectory that will properly press the wall button.

"Link you need to cross this bed of spikes to get to the other door"

:Link starts knocking enemies off the side and makes a pile of bodies over the spikes so he can cross:

Best Zelda EVAR!!!11!!!

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 04, 2010, 09:03:59 PM »
why can't megaman do that with all the robots  he's destroyed?

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #588 on: February 04, 2010, 09:18:31 PM »
Or you could use your bow.

It's actually a big, weight-sensitive button.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 04, 2010, 10:04:04 PM »

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 04, 2010, 10:35:07 PM »
It would look weird when he restores his hearts though.  It would magically repair itself.  That only really works one way, unless we buy another tunic everytime it gets damaged.

It worked for Ghouls and ghosts and Maximo, why not the zelda franchise? Those games you lost armour as you were attacked. I would like to see it happen.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 05, 2010, 12:44:22 AM »

Fair enough.  But how did it work?  Did the armour magically reappear or was it permanently lost?
It worked for Ghouls and ghosts and Maximo, why not the zelda franchise? Those games you lost armour as you were attacked. I would like to see it happen.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 05, 2010, 12:59:06 PM »

For the latter, that was just a shout-out and nothing else. Sir Arthur losing his armor is one of those Capcom staples that just won't go away, like Ryu's Hadoken.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 06, 2010, 12:18:58 AM »
How about applying ti to Link?

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 06, 2010, 02:16:51 AM »

It's a maaaaaagic tunic!  ::)

Offline mac<censored>

• View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 06, 2010, 02:39:51 AM »
Actually I always thought the standard Nintendo method of indicating low healt, where the character starts panting, looking exhausted, etc, was really quite good... (it really helps during play, where sometimes you forget to keep track of the health bar)

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 06, 2010, 02:42:54 AM »
I also prefer that over the beep beep beep beep beep beep
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 06, 2010, 03:47:50 AM »
Actually I always thought the standard Nintendo method of indicating low healt, where the character starts panting, looking exhausted, etc, was really quite good... (it really helps during play, where sometimes you forget to keep track of the health bar)

I was about to ask if you didn't notice the constant beeping until you find some health, but Zap beat me to it.

Offline mac<censored>

• View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 06, 2010, 04:11:18 AM »

I was about to ask if you didn't notice the constant beeping until you find some health

Oddly enough, no.  (It beeps?!)

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 06, 2010, 11:36:08 AM »

I like the panting, exhausted method with Link's Tunic being shredded due to battle damage.