Author Topic: Naruto  (Read 2194 times)

Offline theRPGFreak

• OVERLORD
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Naruto
« on: January 14, 2005, 07:59:03 AM »
Is there anyone who can tell me if Naruto will come out for the GC in the US? I cant get enough of the anime
"I can't read...im not a loser."~Master Shake

Offline odifiend

• "Who's the tough guy now Vinnie?"
    • View Profile
RE: Naruto
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 11:52:47 AM »
Probably not.  But definitely pick up the game from lik-sang and a freeloader and you'll be set.  I'm enjoying it anyway.
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline Famicom

• View Profile
RE:Naruto
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 11:58:54 AM »
The short answer is no. Since the anime isn't licensed in the US and the manga isn't lighting the world on fire over here, there's no real reason to bring it over. 100k+ leechers on the internet isn't exactly a guaranteed fanbase. By the time the anime does come over and develop a good following, most likely we'll be on next gen systems anyways.

That said, the game is really import friendly (if you can front the extra cost) thanks to the Freeloader. A gamefaqs walkthrough can get you through the menus and the story mode. My friends and I have weekly 4 player face offs.
Oops pow suprise!

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2005, 05:51:06 AM »
I believe Funamation got the rights and its coming to Cartoon Network either in Sept. 05 or when the serie reaches 150 episodes (its somewhere between 119-123 right now.) I would hope @ the least Naruto3 comes here @ the same time as the CN premire but that's just wishful thinking.

I just got into the show about a month ago and its so much fun to watch. I'm only up to episode 70 and I'm dying to get the other 40+ before too long. I can easily see why it Japans' most popular show.
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline odifiend

• "Who's the tough guy now Vinnie?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2005, 01:51:07 PM »
I haven't heard about it being licensed.  But FUNimation would be better than ADV.
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline Famicom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2005, 02:19:20 PM »
Nah, Funi doesn't have Naruto. If they did, there's no fan in the world that wouldn't know about it by now. Funi just put Full Metal Alchemist on and is still trying to get more Case Closed on, so I think they're busy enough at this present time with TV deals. And even still, the story mode of Naruto 3 doesn't take place in the anime till about the 40s or 50s, so it wouldn't be such a good idea to jump ahead so quickly.

ADV already said they'd rather spend money on 20 other shows for their Anime Network than license Naruto, so they're pretty much out. Only Funi and 4Kids have the money, marketing ability and TV exposure to make Naruto a huge hit here in the States. And maybe Viz too (they seem to be doing really well with Inuyasha).
Oops pow suprise!