Author Topic: Crisis Day 2 Earth Beta  (Read 6586 times)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Crisis Day 2 Earth Beta
« on: June 16, 2008, 11:37:46 PM »
The Events so Far...

Animecyberrat was voted out and killed.  He was a poor Townie.
RABicle was killed by the Mafia...RABicle was the Bounty Hunter.
insanolord was killed protecting her Brother from the Mafia...insanolord was the Sister.

Day 2 Starts Now.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Crisis Day 2 Earth Beta
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 11:48:48 PM »
no... mafia at all?  goddammit
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 12:18:27 AM »
What are you crying about? You got what you wanted. Now, it's my turn.

un-Vote Crimm. Better dead than red.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 10:27:58 AM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 12:37:42 AM »
Wow...it was a rough day for Earth Beta  3 loses...and they were pretty big roles, but it could have been worse. 

I hope this isn't an indication I miss calculated the game balance...though the first days always seem to be the worse.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 12:56:54 AM »
whatever man,

vote khush
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 01:06:45 AM »
Vote Khush for being evil.
"Bullets, my only weakness.  How did you know?"

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 01:22:14 AM »
The double-survival of Khush intrigues and confuses me...

VOTE KHUSH

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 01:36:57 AM »
Khush hate in both dimension? Someone want to fill me in?
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 01:45:04 AM »
Also hold up! What happened with isanolord? He died while protecting vudu on Alpha? But vudu still died. What!?

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 01:57:28 AM »

I'm sure you're aware of historical trends in mafia games.

Khush is not mafia -> Khush gets first day death from mafia hit.
Khush is mafia -> mafia target someone else on first day.

This has happened in both universes. I see that RABicle is dead today, who is renown for being a good player (and general jerk) at these games, and vudu, who is a veteran player. Both had roles.

My hunch at the moment is that he is mafia in one of the universes, unless people have a better idea of things I'm going to request he get voted out in both. Feel free to persuade me for a better target, but I know Khush plays the kingpin role well. If we can remove the head we can put them on the back foot. Or we can just sit on our hands and let them pick off townies.

I also want to know about the twins situation.

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 02:08:19 AM »
I can go with this until something better comes along. Although my only thought is while, he may be mafia in one dimension, in the other he could hold a key townie role.

vote removed.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 06:50:20 AM by Dasmos »

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 02:15:06 AM »
I can go with this until something better comes along. Although my only thought is while, he may be mafia in one dimension, in the other he could hold a key townie role.

I expect him to claim this. But as the key townie roles are already disappearing quickly, I think we can work out who is who.

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 06:49:37 AM »

I'm sure you're aware of historical trends in mafia games.

Khush is not mafia -> Khush gets first day death from mafia hit.
Khush is mafia -> mafia target someone else on first day.

This has happened in both universes. I see that RABicle is dead today, who is renown for being a good player (and general jerk) at these games, and vudu, who is a veteran player. Both had roles.

My hunch at the moment is that he is mafia in one of the universes, unless people have a better idea of things I'm going to request he get voted out in both. Feel free to persuade me for a better target, but I know Khush plays the kingpin role well. If we can remove the head we can put them on the back foot. Or we can just sit on our hands and let them pick off townies.

I also want to know about the twins situation.

Actually the more I think about this the more I don't like it. You really can't bring examples from older games into new ones, it doesn't work. Just because Khush was alive after Day 1 he's mafia? That isn't too much of a denfence. And I'm sure there are examples where he wasn't killed off first day and turned out to not be mafia. Also who's to say you (as mafia) didn't orchestrate this yourself to solidify your logic? It's just too flimsy for me to get behind.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 07:22:47 AM »
Actually the more I think about this the more I don't like it. You really can't bring examples from older games into new ones, it doesn't work. Just because Khush was alive after Day 1 he's mafia? That isn't too much of a denfence.

We shouldn't be making sweeping generalisations and grand assumptions, but we don't exactly have much solid information. We should also consider our past dealings with the people involved, because similarities and differences in behaviour will help where we don't have sufficient information, like voting patterns.

And I'm sure there are examples where he wasn't killed off first day and turned out to not be mafia. Also who's to say you (as mafia) didn't orchestrate this yourself to solidify your logic? It's just too flimsy for me to get behind.

I haven't been involved in recent games, so I can only speak for the games I can remember. Also, I've had this backfire on me before (made claims and got voted out because of it) so this isn't new territory for me.

I'm willing to put it at stake, because my gut at the moment is to not trust Khush one iota. Look back over his posts yesterday (in both worlds) and see if you come to the same conclusion. I'm still waiting on Khush's response to this - I bet he's itching to get his two cents in.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008, 09:41:50 AM »
What happened to insanolord?

Simple.  The curse of the Brother/Sister role.  The Mafia hit Vudu in Alpha who was the Brother.  that means the Sister dies with the Brother...the sister happens to insanolord in Beta.

Now, I want to know how in the world the Mafia made such great hits in day one.

What you should be really asking yourself is who talked to who...because the Mafia was able to get.

Bounty Hunter,
Brother,

Although, that could be 100% coincidence as well.  With only 15 people playing Mafia and you know 4 you have a pretty good chance of hitting someone with an ability.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2008, 10:27:30 AM »
Mafia 16, 17, 18, 20. I lived past the first day and was not mafia. In fact, in the first three, I lived the whole game. So, it's no longer unusual.

Second, I don't like to target high profile players. Other people will target them for me. I perfer to go after people who like to lay low. Like Crimm. Every mafia often has one or two. You get those people out of the game sooner and the mafia is more likely to fail.

Third, I've been trying a different strategy to live longer. Make myself look guilty. You see, as mafia, I always like to let people live that I think I could get voted out because of their game actions. People who would be easy to frame. That way, I can keep townies voting for the wrong people and protect my mafia. So, my hope is to do the same. Make myself seem highly suspicious so that the mafia will feel emboldened to keep me alive and vote me out. Really, the longer I live, the more suspicious I become and the easier a vote on me will become. As long as I don't take out any mafia members, they are sitting pretty.

And it looks like Shift Key has fallen into the trap. According to Shift Key, I must be mafia on one of the worlds. This despite the fact that the odds of being mafia on one of the worlds is about 30%. Which means I have a 70% chance of being a townie or having a townie role on either Earth. While it is also nice to believe I am mafia, the odds aren't as great as they would seem.

Since Shifty seems to think I am innocent on one world but guilty on another, I can't help but wonder if he hasn't told us something about himself.

VOTE SHIFT KEY.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2008, 01:31:19 PM »
vote nickmitch

I will likely change both alpha/beta votes later once i have more conclusive reason to, aside from lots of camel-flavoured posturing.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2008, 01:48:46 PM »
Vote Khushrenada because i'm simply going with everyone else for now, some of those posts are too much to read from work and its getting busy here which means no more slacking off.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2008, 06:37:30 PM »
My heart goes out to your families...
Vote Khush

If you are not mafia, I WILL eat myself.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2008, 06:54:56 PM »
Good. I look forward to self-cannibalism.

So, even though I feel I've handled these incredibly broad accusations (I survived a day, I must be mafia,) and even cited past precedence which shows I often do survive the first day, it seems I'm still seen as mafia.

Well, here's something else to consider. The two mafia's on both worlds made some big high profile hits. And from what I gather, it may have something to do with the fact that some people told others what their role was. Therefore, it should not come as a surprise that I'm still alive today.

Yes, I'm a threat but if a mafia knows who the bounty hunter is or know another townies role, do you not think they are going to make a hit on a role instead of a person? When I'm mafia, I go for the roles even if it does leave good players in the game. Simple mafia play. You take out the roles and then you only have to worry about the vote. And if you are good at mafia, you can often control that as well.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2008, 07:09:30 PM »
vote nickmitch

I will likely change both alpha/beta votes later once i have more conclusive reason to, aside from lots of camel-flavoured posturing.

You vote for me too much.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2008, 07:31:03 PM »
Give me one good juicy reason why i shouldn't? :p

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2008, 08:19:50 PM »
Lindsay Lohan's Buttered Camel Toe Mafia?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2008, 08:29:19 PM »
Here is the tally so far for Beta.

Khush- 5
Shift Key-1
nickmitch-1

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2008, 10:03:28 PM »
Poll is closed.  Please send Night actions in ASAP.