Author Topic: Got shafted again...and again  (Read 11920 times)

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Got shafted again...and again
« on: April 06, 2005, 06:17:01 AM »
If there's another forum where this is already on please tell me, but without further ado I present to you another reason why to hate third parties:

Shaft Me Once

Shaft Me Twice

Shaft Me Thrice

Honostly, what is the matter with just getting a little bit of love when some of these games would work BEST for the GameCube (sans the third link)?  Viewtiful Joe?!? Already working on a third game when the second and first one bombed on the PS2.

Lego Star Wars, a game that if only was on GameCube, should be labled "TEH KITTY" but instead is praised like crazy.

And instant messenging on the damn PSP?  Honostly you cannot tell me that would work wonders on the NDS!   Damn kids and their loud music.
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Got shafted again...and again
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 06:24:36 AM »
I hate Sony and I hope their stomach turns to pure acid and melts their intestines.  And their heart turns into a ravenous squid and devours whatever's left.  Bastards.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 06:24:42 AM »
That Viewtiful Joe PS2 exclusive pisses me off, AND it makes no sense. Now, I own a PS2, and i'll probably buy it for PS2 if it's good, but while it's loading i'll be wishing I was playing it on GC. Viewtiful Joe sold pretty good on GC, VJ on PS2 absolutely flopped. VJ2 flopped on both, but sold better on GC. WHY ON EARTH IS THIS NEW ONE EXCLUSIVE TO PS2? It makes no sense.

All I can think of, is Capcom took a look at the userbases, and said "oh hey more people own a PS2, so it'll sell better on PS2, let's release it on PS2!" When will companies realise the horrible flaws in this logic?

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 06:38:19 AM »
Well, the new VJ game is styled after SSB.  I guess they figured there's no way they can beat SSBM, which almost everyone already has  I know I wouldn't buy it.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 07:17:34 AM »
They're making an new EXCLUSIVE Viewtiful Joe PS2 game?  That's f*cking ridiculous!  The combined sales of both VJ games on the PS2 was insanely low.  It might not be even 100,000 units.

Damn it I'm so f*cking tired of this.  What the hell do we have to do to keep third party games?  If we don't buy games we lose out and we lose out even when we DO buy games.  Both Viewtiful Joe and Soul Calibur II sold better on the Cube despite a huge difference in the userbase.  How can we do better than that?  There couldn't be a better reason to put a game on the Cube.

I imagine what's happening is that third parties are losing money due to the numerous stupid things they do (ie: releasing VJ2 around the same time as some of the most anticipated games ever) so they have to cut costs somewhere and the Cube being number three gets the axe, regardless of how well a game actually performed on it.  This is why Nintendo's market share is a big deal.  We're getting cut off just because the Cube is in last place.  Third parties are not taking into account past sales.  They're just looking at userbase numbers and making decisions based on that and we're getting punished because they're stupid.  The Rev CAN'T be number three or it's going to be the exact same thing all over again.  If after year one of the Rev if Nintendo's in last place we might not even get any third party exclusives at all.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 07:40:47 AM »
Wow, this sucks.
This is why Rev has to be so insansely great that it crushes the competition on impact....in spite of said competition's massive popularity and huge wallets.

Well, the new VJ game is styled after SSB.  I guess they figured there's no way they can beat SSBM, which almost everyone already has   I know I wouldn't buy it.

Which is why Nintendo should've approached Capcom and said, 'hey, you know that fighting game you're working on? We've got a better one for you: Super Smash Brothers: Viewtiful Edition.'                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline joshnickerson

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2005, 10:28:12 AM »
Watch, this new VJ game will bomb and Capcom will STILL say the PS2 is the best system to keep the franchise on.

Seriously, I don't see this game even being any good. If Capcom couldn't figure out how to implement a two player mode in VJ2, how the hell are they going to make a decent fighting game out of it? How would the VX powers work if both players activate them at the same time?

Conspiracy theory... does it make anyone suspicious that two developers that Nintendo's been so buddy-buddy with this generation are making Sony exclusives of franchises that did best of the Cube?  *Doo dee do de dooo....*

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2005, 10:31:40 AM »
Haha, Capcom is doomed. I wonder when they'll try to release some collector's pack "Capcom games noone bought". That'd be quite huge.

Offline 09n

• View Profile
RE:Got shafted again...and again
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2005, 10:49:40 AM »
I dont know the true reason but hear are a few popular suggestions:
Third parties hate GC
Sony bribes them
They are all very stupid
Sony and microsoft have "persuaded" the third parties to create exclusives for their consoles
Everyone just hates the gamecube (good example; Lego Star wars is praised as great but if on the gamecube it would be called babyish)
No, we're not eating Nibbler - leela
I'll fire up the grill - Bender

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2005, 11:11:51 AM »
I pick the third one
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2005, 11:23:49 AM »
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2005, 11:58:22 AM »
I really have to wonder if Sony is paying for recent exclusives, because it would take an idiot not to notice that the games sell better on the Cube, and that there's a lot less competition on the Cube than on the other consoles.

Still, it might be pure stupidity.  Maybe management made a decision without being informed of sales or some such crap.

Say, does anyone know how VJ2 did in Japan versus here?  I know it did worse on PS2 here, but high sales in Japan would explain a lot and wouldn't be unheard of either.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Nosferat2

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2005, 02:08:13 PM »
Its a fighting game. Why care? I would understand if it was VJ3, but this isnt even a sequel.  I think they are just looking to make a quick and dirty buck. A fighting game shoudnt be hard to throw together and the PS2 will have the best potential to sell. No need to multi develop and cheap development(its a fighting game) coupled with the biggest user base, its a smart move to make a quick buck.
Show outrage when VJ3 is exclusive on PS2. Dont get all upset for a fighting game that we dont know nothing about, it may very well suck ass and probably will.  

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2005, 02:17:29 PM »
Heh. And Capcom keeps whining about how they're losing money.

A monkey could run that company better than it is now.
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2005, 02:29:39 PM »
Nosferat2, the Viewtiful Joe thing isn't what really bugs me.  It's more of the general picture of things.  

You would think that a FRANCHISE that did better on the GameCube BOTH times would at least get some recognition.  But apparently greed is thicker than smarts.

Also the Lego SW thing irks me so much, I won't even go into it.  09n has the right idea.

And the PSP just bugs me too.  C&C on that thing?!  Seriously....
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2005, 03:11:34 PM »
Well remember the last SSBM style game capcom made on the PS2 Onimusha Blade Warriors? And we know how much that game sucked but really VJ series isnt that much suited for a SSBM style game *points to Onimusha Blade Warriors* basically the franchise isnt that deep what characters.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2005, 03:50:52 PM »
Yeah Viewtiful Joe doesn't ave enough characters for a full fighting game.
At least we get VJ DS.
And isn't the Lego game comming out on GBA?
And the PSP is for chumps and their chumpettes.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2005, 03:55:52 PM »
Hahahaha you guys need to chill out....go grab a beer/joint/book or something....

Only a few hours after the story ran it was updated stating that a GameCube version was on the way....

Read it yourselves here
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline MrMojoRising

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2005, 04:13:32 PM »
I've got my beer, joint and book, now I'm horney.

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2005, 04:16:34 PM »
/ = or

beer OR joint OR book.....

hehe, I know you were kidding.
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2005, 04:18:41 PM »
Gamespot says GC, PSP & more info on the DS vesion (PS2 might not get it)

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2005, 04:34:27 PM »
Well it will be really awesome if you can play as boss characters like fire leo and if they do a good job and keep it fun i might keep an eye on this one (the cube version of course).

Offline joshnickerson

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2005, 04:37:27 PM »
Well, I guess Capcom isn't totally gone yet.

I still think the game is gonna suck though.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2005, 05:43:07 PM »
I just hope it doesnt turn to a Onimusha Blade Warriors.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2005, 05:52:20 PM »
in response to the "not enough characters" comment

b]"The game will also feature characters from the TV anime series of the same name currently airing in Japan"
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig