Author Topic: Castlevania: The Adventure coming to the European eShop this Thursday.  (Read 1901 times)

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile

I've just checked the Nintendo UK website and seen that Castlevania: The Adventure for Gameboy is coming out later this week on eshop. Having never played this game I was just wondering if anyone else had, and whether or not it's worth buying for those of us who already own the WiiWare game Castlevania Adventure: Rebirth? Just how similar are these games? The Wiiware game had some pretty crazy bosses which I would imagine would have been too complicated for a gameboy game.
Gouge away.

Offline neptunepirate

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
I played the original years ago and remember enjoying it. I've never played Rebirth, but I hear they're almost the same as terms of gameplay. I think one difference is that in Rebirth you get secondary weapons that you can use, along side the whip.

I'd say the original GameBoy version would be worth a buy if you're looking for a good Castlevania game, but this is coming from a big Castlevania fan. :p
Leon has a flashlight on his belt.
I tried to bring sexy back, but I forgot the receipt.
http://www.heroesofruin.com/profile/NeptunePirate

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
This week, eh?

Oh, I now hate Europe.  I'm getting ride of my IKEA furniture tomorrow.  Europe, you can just go straight to hell with all your awesome Eshop releases and Operation Rainfall games.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
This game is terrible. Don't buy it. It's one of the few games I've ever sold.
However, the music is awesome. I used the main theme as a ringtone for a while.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
This game is terrible. Don't buy it. It's one of the few games I've ever sold.
However, the music is awesome. I used the main theme as a ringtone for a while.

Bummer. I haven't bought it, but I was going to later on today. Maybe I'll do a little research before deciding.
Gouge away.