Author Topic: Australian Gamecube sales  (Read 6502 times)

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Australian Gamecube sales
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2003, 03:12:41 AM »
Nintendo Australia has lost faith in Gamecube
but its the right decison
Nintendo proberly paid 100,000 dollars for the Metroid Prime ads
and look its sold 7k in 2months
Iv seen no Zelda ad's and its released tommorow here
No point advertising something that isnt gonna sell, no matter how good the game is
Most people I went to school with were more interested in car games and shoot em up's
and u can see thats the average like by those sales
Nintendo AUS have done nothing wrong!

thu I wish they would sell AC here, or atleast just sell it thu there warehouse, like the SP headphones and GC cords

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Australian Gamecube sales
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2003, 03:30:28 AM »
The don't need to advertise Zelda. SO many people have pre-ordered it, so I think that's everyone accounted for. Imagine the first day sales here.
I've got Zelda now (hahahaha - got it this afternoon!), so I'm gonna shut myself from civilization for the next couple of weeks.
But I think there's gonna be heaps of Zelda adverts during the kids shows like Cheez TV and stuff. I'll have a look when I watch Pokemon tomorrow morning.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
RE: Australian Gamecube sales
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2003, 03:36:01 AM »
If you don't advertise the game it won't sell at all. Advertising for a game also creates general awareness about the console and ads also siginal to the general public that "Yes we are still alive". Advertising is a must. Not to the level at which Xbox and PS2 are advertising at, which is simply non-ecomonical in the long run, but to atleats have nam regoniction. Anyway, I though there is no "nintendo of  Australia" but some half ass company.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Hybrid Hunter

• First title that's onrine
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Australian Gamecube sales
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2003, 05:21:33 AM »
Oof, MP sales look bad...
Can't wait to see Zelda numbers, gonna get it this weekend!
Haven't seen commercials for Zelda yet however..which is dissapointing considering MP ads.