Poll

What device do you use most to Netflix? (choose all that apply)

Game Console
22 (42.3%)
Smart Box (AppleTV, Roku, Blu-Ray player)
10 (19.2%)
Smart Phone/Tablet (& Chromecast)
8 (15.4%)
Smart TV
3 (5.8%)
Computer/HTPC
9 (17.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: All Things Netflix! Coming Soon: The Netflix Experience, Live and In Person!??  (Read 327103 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: All Things Netflix! Now With Original Programming!
« Reply #275 on: October 18, 2013, 11:32:13 AM »
The NFL doesn't have a problem. It's the most watched and most profitable of the major sports leagues, IIRC. What they're trying to do see just how much the league can make.

I think Netflix rates are going to go up eventually, probably by $1/month, but I doubt this deal would be a driver. If it happened.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 18, 2013, 11:41:14 AM »
The NFL doesn't have a problem. It's the most watched and most profitable of the major sports leagues, IIRC. What they're trying to do see just how much the league can make.

I think Netflix rates are going to go up eventually, probably by $1/month, but I doubt this deal would be a driver. If it happened.

other than the premier league I would guess. Still I'd rather much have Viacom or Starz content since those kind of go into the main point of netflix.

I know they're doing it to milk money but I'd rather pay $100 a year to get all the games. I have a year of NFL sunday ticket I got with madden 25.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 21, 2013, 06:25:18 PM »
Netflix needs to just create paid 'tiers' for streaming.

I would be willing to pay more a month up to $20 total for better, popular and more recent shows and movies.

What do you guys think?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #278 on: October 21, 2013, 08:03:46 PM »
I'd be the same as paying for Netflix and Hulu Plus, and I think a lot of people already do that, so I don't see why not. But I do think it'd be hard to announce/explain.

other than the premier league I would guess. Still I'd rather much have Viacom or Starz content since those kind of go into the main point of netflix.

I know they're doing it to milk money but I'd rather pay $100 a year to get all the games. I have a year of NFL sunday ticket I got with madden 25.

Got the same deal. I wish the NFL/DirecTV would offer that every year. In any case, it only gives you the Sunday games. Taking one out of that lineup would direct you to get something to watch the Thursday game(s).

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 21, 2013, 09:13:25 PM »
Wouldn't be that hard. Just announce a new 'Netflix Gold' that has a larger selection of television shows and movies then snag something like Game of Thrones and say "Only available on Netflix Gold".

And I refuse to pay for Hulu because they do ads even if you pay for the service. I want to watch ads I'll get cable or watch Nostalgia Critic shows.
My Game Collection

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #280 on: October 21, 2013, 09:42:45 PM »
I just think that the "split" from a while back left a bad taste in people's mouths. And I think the number one reaction would be "You're finally adding the stuff I really want, but you want to charge extra?". Specifically when it comes to adding back things that were gone before, and content that normally expires just becoming "gold only" would seem much more arbitrary.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 21, 2013, 10:14:45 PM »
I have an even better deal, I know someone with Sunday Ticket and just use their login for free.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #282 on: October 21, 2013, 10:17:27 PM »
No deal is better than the hook up.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 21, 2013, 11:26:18 PM »

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 21, 2013, 11:41:38 PM »
I still want to make that site 'igotthehookup.com'. But it might turn into the silk road 2.0
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 22, 2013, 12:40:00 PM »
Yeah,

Netflix doesn't work if it shows you things you can't watch.  Hence why they stopped showing DVDs in all the interfaces but the web one.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #286 on: October 22, 2013, 12:56:06 PM »
Nothing is more irritating than seeing things you can't watch when you finally make time to watch it. They're doing better about telling you when things are expiring.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 22, 2013, 02:08:40 PM »
I hate that I can't add DVD's to the queue from my phone app though.

I'll be a the theater or hear about a movie somewhere and I have to wait till I get home to add it because the app won't recognize things that are streaming. If I try to do it through the browser, the stupid floating banner that won't resize or stay put & has the search on it, is very uncooperative and makes using the website on a phone more trouble than it's worth. So I end up texting myself the movie names and just do it when I get home.

If only they would add a tab that is for searching DVDs but have the app default into Instant Watch search, then all my problems would be solved.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 25, 2013, 05:45:02 PM »
Didn't the original Netflix app on the Wii let you view DVDs and add them to your queue? You couldn't view your DVD queue but you could add discs to it. Just give us that at least.
My Game Collection

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 03, 2013, 08:11:39 PM »
So Dexter is now Streamable on Netflix. My wife tells me it is just the first three seasons or so but this gives me hope that other HBO shows could finally make their way to the service. Tru Blood is supposed to end soon so that may appear as well. I'm sure Game of Thrones won't be on the service for a long time which is a pity.
My Game Collection

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 03, 2013, 08:29:03 PM »
They need to just ditch the DVD thing, or make everything available through streaming.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 03, 2013, 09:38:07 PM »
So Dexter is now Streamable on Netflix. My wife tells me it is just the first three seasons or so but this gives me hope that other HBO shows could finally make their way to the service. Tru Blood is supposed to end soon so that may appear as well. I'm sure Game of Thrones won't be on the service for a long time which is a pity.

Dexter's Showtime, not HBO. HBO has been very explicit in saying they won't put their stuff on Netflix.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 03, 2013, 09:56:16 PM »

Surely there must be another way....

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #293 on: November 04, 2013, 11:44:03 PM »
They need to just ditch the DVD thing, or make everything available through streaming.

DVDs allow them to offer content that they otherwise couldn't since they can just buy a bunch of DVDs and rent them out whereas studios can clockbkock them.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 05, 2013, 04:55:25 AM »
I'm gonna approach Netflix to make a show called "Orange is the New Blue." It's about smurfs in jail and it's gonna be the gayest show ever.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 05, 2013, 10:12:46 AM »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 07, 2013, 09:51:58 AM »
HOLY ****

Marvel is teaming up with netflix to bring series based upon its street level characters. Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and The defenders. It also gives Netflix first run streaming acesss  to all of disney's live action and animated affaris.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/disney-netflix-marvel-series/

BURBANK, Calif., Nov. 7, 2013 – The Walt Disney Co. (NYSE: DIS) and Netflix Inc. (NASDAQ: NFLX) today announced an unprecedented deal for Marvel TV to bring multiple original series of live-action adventures of four of Marvel’s most popular characters exclusively to the world’s leading Internet TV Network beginning in 2015. This pioneering agreement calls for Marvel to develop four serialized programs leading to a miniseries programming event.Led by a series focused on “Daredevil,” followed by “Jessica Jones,” “Iron Fist” and “Luke Cage,” the epic will unfold over multiple years of original programming, taking Netflix members deep into the gritty world of heroes and villains of Hell’s Kitchen, New York. Netflix has committed to a minimum of four, thirteen episodes series and a culminating Marvel’s “The Defenders” mini-series event that reimagines a dream team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters.Produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Television Studios, this groundbreaking deal is Marvel’s most ambitious foray yet into live-action TV storytelling.“This deal is unparalleled in its scope and size, and reinforces our commitment to deliver Marvel’s brand, content and characters across all platforms of storytelling. Netflix offers an incredible platform for the kind of rich storytelling that is Marvel’s specialty,” said Alan Fine, President of Marvel Entertainment. “This serialized epic expands the narrative possibilities of on-demand television and gives fans the flexibility to immerse themselves how and when they want in what’s sure to be a thrilling and engaging adventure.”“Marvel’s movies, such as ‘Iron Man’ and Marvel’s ‘The Avengers’, are huge favorites on our service around the world. Like Disney, Marvel is a known and loved brand that travels,” said Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos. “With ‘House of Cards’ and our other original series, we have pioneered new approaches to storytelling and to global distribution and we’re thrilled to be working with Disney and Marvel to take our brand of television to new levels with a creative project of this magnitude.”This new original TV deal follows last year’s landmark movie distribution deal through which, beginning with 2016 theatrically released feature films, Netflix will be the exclusive U.S. subscription television service for first-run, live-action and animated movies from the Walt Disney Studios, including titles from Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Disneynature and Lucasfilm. Netflix members can currently enjoy a wide range of Disney, ABC TV and Disney Channel films and shows across the 41 countries where Netflix operates.
[/color]

[/size]http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/40/2603554-daredevil.jpeg[/color][/size][/color][/size][/color][/size][/color][/size]It seems like the characters they picked were obvious due to them all being linked in New York verus none of the avengers living there. [/color]

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 07, 2013, 11:14:14 AM »
NO FUCKING WAY.....

::HUGS MY NETFLIX ACCOUNT::

The is The Avengers strategy for Street Level Heroes on TV.
If this works, it will be another amazing feat pulled off by Marvel.

The Movie Avengers and the TV Defenders all connected in the middle by Agent's of SHIELD.
That is a very expanded universe. I really need to get on that Marvel Cinematic Universe thread ASAP.

maybe I'll do that in my free time today. This is a very exciting time to be a Marvel fan.
I have a little speculative insight on the future of Marvel without mutants, but I'll save it for that thread.

edit: Still waiting on The Punisher series to be announced.
Thomas Jane is still interested in the role, even though he didn't get the "sequel" movie that came out a few years back.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 11:28:40 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 07, 2013, 02:02:02 PM »
Score for the Flix. Score for us streaming only customers too. They just keep giving us reasons to stick with them.
My Game Collection

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 11, 2013, 09:40:53 AM »
I forgot how amazing the Prince of Egypt was. Deliver Us, and The Plauges are up their with the best of the disney songs. Its such a shame Dreamworks went to 3D animation so quickly since all of their 2D stuff was either good or straight up hot fire