Poll

What device do you use most to Netflix? (choose all that apply)

Game Console
22 (42.3%)
Smart Box (AppleTV, Roku, Blu-Ray player)
10 (19.2%)
Smart Phone/Tablet (& Chromecast)
8 (15.4%)
Smart TV
3 (5.8%)
Computer/HTPC
9 (17.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: All Things Netflix! Coming Soon: The Netflix Experience, Live and In Person!??  (Read 327092 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: All Things Netflix! Now With Original Programming!
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2012, 01:38:12 PM »
so what should I watch on Netflix? I watched most of Prison Break(well i stopped at season 4), The Riches, and a bunch of other things, what next?
Sherlock,Wreckreation Nation,Mythbuster, Prototype This, Smashlab, All forms of Star Trek, Quantum Leap, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, Transformers, Transformers Prime, First Season of Walking Dead, How its Made...

That was a pretty good mix there.  Your mileage may vary, but Definetly Sherlock.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2012, 02:44:26 PM »
Well I have been on a Netflix kick lately. I of course am going to recommend. My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic. Both seasons. Other then that I recommend Baccano. Only watched one episode so far but I saw a review of it and it seems like it has a lot going on for the 16 episodes of the anime. First episode has time traveling, gangs, immortal things and 3 time lines. I need to watch more of it but got sidetracted on other shows.

Charmed is another one that I am watching. I finished up the 3rd season yesterday out of 8.

Any of the Law and Order series are good.

Futurama and Scrubs funny as well. 
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2012, 08:14:42 PM »
Breaking Bad.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 22, 2012, 10:07:31 AM »
Breaking Bad.
I watched the first few episodes of Breaking Bad from the wonderful review it got on the forums.  It just wasn't hooking me in.  It felt like it was going no where fast and I couldn't really relate to the characters and it was telling a story at its base that I'm tired of hearing.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Online NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 22, 2012, 01:55:45 PM »
Keep watching. It starts slow, but the pace continues to build. The transformation of Walt's character from someone who took several episodes to kill someone at the beginning of the series to someone who was willing to (Major Season 4 finale spoilers)poison a child in order to get what he wants is done so well, and somehow I'm still rooting for him despite that because of how well the series hooks you in.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 22, 2012, 02:00:26 PM »
Been watching:
The IT Crowd, Little Britain (yeah, its all catchphrases and wigs but each bit breezes by, so that keeps is fairly funny), Community and Lie To Me. Caught a few Twin Peaks recently too. Maybe I just have to be in the mood but so far, that show isn't holding up as well as I remembered. Still pretty good tho.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 22, 2012, 11:20:23 PM »
Keep watching. It starts slow, but the pace continues to build. The transformation of Walt's character from someone who took several episodes to kill someone at the beginning of the series to someone who was willing to (Major Season 4 finale spoilers)poison a child in order to get what he wants is done so well, and somehow I'm still rooting for him despite that because of how well the series hooks you in.

It's that same thing that makes The Shield so good. No being quite sure how you are rooting for someone you should absolutely hate, regardless of deep down the rabbit hole they voluntarily went.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #157 on: May 23, 2012, 08:03:16 PM »
Just finished up both seasons of Kenichi:The Mightiest Disciple. It is a great anime that I recommend to everyone.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 23, 2012, 08:32:44 PM »
Just finished up both seasons of Kenichi:The Mightiest Disciple. It is a great anime that I recommend to everyone.

It is a great anime. It's a shame they never produced more episodes considering the manga is still ongoing.

Offline Dan Laser

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 24, 2012, 02:04:23 AM »
so what should I watch on Netflix? I watched most of Prison Break(well i stopped at season 4), The Riches, and a bunch of other things, what next?
Sherlock,Wreckreation Nation,Mythbuster, Prototype This, Smashlab, All forms of Star Trek, Quantum Leap, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, Transformers, Transformers Prime, First Season of Walking Dead, How its Made...

That was a pretty good mix there.  Your mileage may vary, but Definetly Sherlock.

If you like Sherlock, I would also recommend The Black Donnellys. It's more a crime drama than mystery, but the tone is similar

Lilyhammer didn't really make much of an impression on me after the first episode. It's a bit slow and I didn't find the main character interesting. I'll give it a couple more episodes though.

I just started watching The Riches, and am liking it so far. The acting is good and the premise is interesting. Like with Breaking Bad (which is awesome, stick with it), sometimes it can be hard to watch the characters because they make some terrible decisions

I just watched Legend: Director's Cut. This is the first time I've seen it and it took a while to get used to jungle boy Tom Cruise XD. Tim Curry was great, though! The mise-en-scene was impressive with lots of fluff and glitter on everything. It's not quite the weirdest, campiest, (it is a little of both) or best fantasy movie I've seen, but it was good! Apparently this has quite a cult following so i may get scoffed at for just calling it "good"!

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #160 on: May 24, 2012, 10:55:09 AM »
Watch the theatrical cut of Legend for a somewhat different experience. I personally like Ridley's Director's Cut better, but it can be a chore to get through if you aren't in the right mood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_(film)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_(Tangerine_Dream_soundtrack)

Offline Dan Laser

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 29, 2012, 12:06:40 AM »
Watch the theatrical cut of Legend for a somewhat different experience. I personally like Ridley's Director's Cut better, but it can be a chore to get through if you aren't in the right mood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_(film)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_(Tangerine_Dream_soundtrack)

I still did enjoy it, but yeah, I wasn't quite in the mood for it. That's interesting about the different cuts of the film, including a soundtrack by Tangerine Dream, though. Thanks for the links! I'll give it a watch at some point

I finally finished off the first season of Community (good stuff! Netflix.ca only has the first season though :( ) and season 6 of Futurama (that season wasn't as good as 5, as far as the new eps go). I've seen most of Little Britain, The IT Crowd, The Larry Sanders Show, and Arrested Development... I need some new comedies!

River Monsters is the best nature doc/fishing show. Arapaima, piranha, gar? I've caught these fish in Animal Crossing  :cool;

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 07, 2012, 03:46:00 AM »
i was going to watch cronenbergs version of the fly again, but no it disappeared off netflix
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 06, 2012, 03:54:26 AM »
Netflix scoops Disney (Disney, Pixar, Marvel, ABC, ESPN) Exclusivity in the US
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/netflix-ted-sarandos-discusses-disney-deal-398156

This is a BIG get for Netflix.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #164 on: December 06, 2012, 04:36:30 AM »
Well this is good news. Maybe Gravity Falls when it finishes up its first season will be up there.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 06, 2012, 07:53:15 AM »
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 06, 2012, 09:43:30 AM »
Netflix scoops Disney (Disney, Pixar, Marvel, ABC, ESPN) Exclusivity in the US
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/netflix-ted-sarandos-discusses-disney-deal-398156

This is a BIG get for Netflix.
I think that article really shows that Netflix is understanding its demographic.  Disney is a big win for them because if you have a child and want to watch a variety of TV with them Netflix is the way to go now with Disney even more so.  I also think Disney knows it as well.  People who have Netflix are more likely to just forgo there offerings that are fully backed by their Merchandising Machine.

I do agree with them that while I like "The Daily Show" it is nice to be able to go back but not really compelling content after a week or so.  Unlike say Wreckreation Nation or Star Trek, both on Netflix.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #167 on: December 06, 2012, 10:51:07 AM »
I'm wondering if LucasFilm will join this list. I doubt it though.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 06, 2012, 12:39:20 PM »
I'm wondering if LucasFilm will join this list. I doubt it though.
I'm sure everything that Fox doesn't retain publishing rights to eventually.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #169 on: December 06, 2012, 08:37:52 PM »
The deal isn't until 2016, which means Starz will still have the rights to Star Wars Episode VII (for example). It's a good deal, but not a big one and it was mainly a way to get back at Starz. And for what they have to pay Disney ($300 million a year), they have to hope a lot of people sign up for Netflix now.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 06, 2012, 10:19:40 PM »
Actually the deal starts next year with the TV and direct to video movies, "first run" movies don't start till 2016.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #171 on: December 06, 2012, 10:23:26 PM »
Yes, but no one will get Netflix to watch stuff like Cinderella III: A Twist in Time.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #172 on: December 06, 2012, 11:03:17 PM »
Actually the deal starts next year with the TV and direct to video movies, "first run" movies don't start till 2016.

Actually, you can watch Pocahontas and The Aristocats on instant right now.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 07, 2012, 12:35:38 AM »
yeah a few things became available yesterday I believe, but I think the flood gates open in next month.

Just for Kids will be getting a very very large expansion.

Online NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 07, 2012, 12:47:37 AM »
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is coming to Netflix streaming Saturday, so if you haven't seen one of the best comedies on television you'll have a great chance to now.

J.P. Corbran