Author Topic: The Forums Stats Thread that Mop it up and Stratos Abandoned  (Read 184762 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
How could I not? That guy deserves all of the support he can get!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
How could I not? That guy deserves all of the support he can get!

True, I want to play Captain Rainbow just to hear Birdo's monologue.

On a random note, my time spent on the forums is
3 Days 3 hours 3 Minutes and 33 seconds.
How great is that to go play Eternal Darkness?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
I think you can find some translations out there of the dialogue from the game, but I'm not sure... I know there's a translated trailer on YouTube though.

That's pretty freaky about the numbers. It's when you get to 6 days, 6 hours, 6 minutes and 66 seconds that you have to worry... especially since it shouldn't be able to display 66 seconds...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
I think you can find some translations out there of the dialogue from the game, but I'm not sure... I know there's a translated trailer on YouTube though.

That's pretty freaky about the numbers. It's when you get to 6 days, 6 hours, 6 minutes and 66 seconds that you have to worry... especially since it shouldn't be able to display 66 seconds...

So 6 days, 6 Hours, 7 Minutes and 6 Seconds then?
Remember 333 is half of 666. I'm over the hill I guess.
My Game Collection

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
Mop_it_up, I just have to say I think you're awesome for not only having played the South Park game on the 64, but to also know how it plays compared to Turok. Yes, awesome because you're a girl person who knows that. GP has been awesome in other threads, and she doesn't like Stratos in this one, so she isn't awesome in this one. :P

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Inflated post count much?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Vudu they are just chatting.They derailed a few topics. They created this to not derail any other topics.At least they aren't making tons of random topics.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
This reminds me of the great Nintendo nsider forum purge.

A few lost their way onto here and tried to chat things up.  They were soon crushed.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Stratos and Mop it Up both hate SouthPark.

Both FAIL.

BTW, that episode you described is absolutely hilarious.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 02:56:02 PM by Kashogi Y. Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
someone needs to take me out of the top 10.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
You're actually the only newcomer to the top ten list since I did the first one over a year ago.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
Mop_it_up is a girl? This is news to me.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
I don't hate South Park, I just don't like it. That episode is one of the better ones but it still isn't anything special.
Maybe if I were drunk or high or something I could ignore all of the preachiness and find the show funny.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Vudu they are just chatting.They derailed a few topics. They created this to not derail any other topics.At least they aren't making tons of random topics.

I have noticed that I tend to go off-topic often. I'm trying to not do it so much. Maybe I just have a fear of starting threads. This is the first one I've ever started. I remember being on a different forum when if you started a thread that could have been slightly related to a previous thread you were chided by the mods. Perhaps that affected my posting habits so I'll instinctively try to squish as many things as possible into one thread.

Both FAIL.

I never have watched much of the show. I found the humor to be rather inconsistent in the few I did watch. I remember one where the kids held an election similar to the infamous 2000 US elections and thinking that was funny, but I didn't find the Rosie O'Donnell monster to be entertaining that showed up near the end.
My Game Collection

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Go to southparkstudios.com and watch season 8 episode 1. If you don't like that episode, then you don't like southpark.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Go to southparkstudios.com and watch season 8 episode 1. If you don't like that episode, then you don't like southpark.

I'll check it out tonight. I have to get going in a little bit. My car needs to go to the doctors for a check up.
My Game Collection

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
I think Stratos needs to be the first male member banned.

GP wants us all to be eunuchs

Funnier than South Park, that's for sure!

The South Park game on the N64 isn't that bad though, it plays like Turok. South Park Chef's Luv Shack is terrible though, and I have yet to play South Park Rally but it isn't high on my list...

I remember the FPS South Park game. A friend of mine had it. You could make 'yellow snow balls'. I remember it had a To-Rock and Gold-Eye control scheme that matched each of those prominent games control methods. I also remember always beating him at it since I was so good at Goldeneye. He though getting a different game would change things. Silly boy.

On another note. The IGN main page has a pole going on asking who would win in a fight between Birdo, Jack from Madworld and Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes. Birdo is winning by 2 percent. I thought you'd get a kick out of that, Mop_It_Up

You guys are ruining the fun house!
How did we ruin the fun house, dearest Golden-Phoenix? Were having a blast! Come and join us!

It was "brown-eye" not "gold-eye"

Both FAIL.

This. And no the original episode did not censor the feces coming out of characters mouths

I don't hate South Park, I just don't like it. That episode is one of the better ones but it still isn't anything special.
Maybe if I were drunk or high or something I could ignore all of the preachiness and find the show funny.

that just sounds like you're lumping south park fans into one big stereotypical category of stoners and alcoholics. I love the show, and sometimes even its preachiness, because of how it attacks on ALL FRONTS so the stoners who think the show is genious get ripped on just as much as the conservatives that think becuase its a cartoon, its automatically aimed at children and want it off the air for its content.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
I think Stratos needs to be the first male member banned.

GP wants us all to be eunuchs
:o :o :o
Say it ain't so GP!
At least I'd have a 'lovely tenor voice' as Jack Sparrow likes to do when mentioning Will's supposed eunuch status. I loved those moments in the Pirate's movies.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
that just sounds like you're lumping south park fans into one big stereotypical category of stoners and alcoholics.
I did not mean to imply that, it would just take a slap-happy mood for me to find the show to be funny. I can appreciate what the show tries to accomplish, and I'm certainly not somebody who believes the show should be taken off the air. It just isn't my thing.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
We’re derailing another thread Stratos, so I’m answering your question here:

Quote from: Stratos, from the Mario Power Tennis review
Then I remember wrong, apologies. So do I refer to Birdo as a he (which is what he is) or as a she (which is what she wants to be)?
That’s up to you really, and I wouldn’t say either one is incorrect. I myself prefer to refer to Birdo as a “he” since that’s what he biologically is. Since many English translations have changed him to being fully female you could even consider him female yourself if you so choose.

The pronoun “it” however is used in the place of many things, and that’s why it just seems so vulgar to the point of insult. With over 800,000 words in the lovely English language I’m surprised nobody ever created a genderless pronoun somewhere along the way.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
We should make genderless pronoun then.
Hesh?
Se-he (pronounced say-hay)?
See-He?
Hesheit  (hay-shay-eet)?

I never viewed 'it' as a derogatory term. I understand your logic for why it could be taken as one though.

I also realized that I could get dangerously close to a not so good word to call people if I continue to only play around with the words 'he', 'she' and 'it'.

In Hebrew a man is referred to as 'Ish' (eesh) and a woman is pronounced 'Ishah' (eeshah).
In Spanish it's Nino and Nina for boy and girl. Birdo's name would be masculine in that regard, though granted, many genderless objects have gendered endings. Wisdom is considered a feminine word in Hebrew (imagine the jokes about wisdom coming naturally to women in that classroom?).
Malo ('bad' in Spanish) is masculine while if you refer to a girl as being bad then you would say Nina Mala. So Malo Birdo if he is a he and Mala Birdo if she is a she.

~This has been Language Musings with your host, Stratos!
"Today's topic: Discussing the gender status of Birdo from a n00b linguist's point of view"  ;D

My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
You're a weirdo. If you were female, would that make you a weirda? Or a weirdette?

With my tendency to overthink things I have wondered what thought process has lead this pink dinosaur-like being to receive the name of "Birdo" somewhere along the way. It clearly isn't a bird. However, it is believed that birds evolved from certain dinosaurs so I suppose that's the connection? The "o" was definitely added due to Birdo being male and all, and I suppose they didn't want to name him "Dinosauro". Still, it seems like an odd choice, especially since the creature's name in Japan is Catherine. What what wrong with that name? At least it isn't nonsensical like Birdo!

In any case, as a genderless pronoun I was thinking possibly "herm" based on the word "hermaphrodite", although "herm" is sometimes used to abbreviate the word. Maybe "maph" could work?

Perhaps we should go with TheYoungerPlumber's suggestion, shklee and shklim?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
In a series of sci-fi novels that I read there's a character who is both male and female who is referred to by the pronoun 'hir'.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
doesnt "it" suffice?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
In a series of sci-fi novels that I read there's a character who is both male and female who is referred to by the pronoun 'hir'.

What series was it?

doesnt "it" suffice?

Considering Mop_it_up's explanation it seems that 'it' is derogatory to some. How would you feel if you were born without a gander? Would you like being called an it? That's probably where the question would be considering sufficiency.
My Game Collection