Author Topic: how long will gamecube last  (Read 14273 times)

Offline renegadeandy

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
how long will gamecube last
« on: November 23, 2003, 11:31:56 AM »
hi, just wondering how long u guys think the gamecube will last from now, 1 month, 12 months, 2 years???, what do u think
They say the brain is most active in the state of emergency.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE:how long will gamecube last
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2003, 11:35:46 AM »
Until the next gen starts, which should be around mid-to-late 2005...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline renegadeandy

• View Profile
RE: how long will gamecube last
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2003, 11:39:54 AM »
nah but, i mean, the xbox and ps2 have wqayy more titles coming out
They say the brain is most active in the state of emergency.

Offline ib2kool4u912

• Prez Sez, SCHOOL IS FOR LOSERS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2003, 11:42:30 AM »
I was also wondering if Nintendo would try and keep Gamecube alive longer even after its next console  like Sony did with the PSone.

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
"But if that extra slot under the gamecube isn't for a hard drive then what the hell is it for?"

The Gamecube waffle iron.

"I have made this thread. It is mine. I call it. But I will share it with you."-KnowsNothing

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2003, 11:57:58 AM »

Originally posted by: renegadeandy
nah but, i mean, the xbox and ps2 have wqayy more titles coming out
And since when has quantity been worth more than quality?

Four Swords
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
Tales of Symphonia
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
Baten Kaitos
Paper Mario
Star Fox GC
Wind Waker 2
Metroid Prime 2
Mario 128
Killer 7
Resident Evil 4
Mario Tennis
Donkey Konga

Ninty has way more quality exclusive titles on the way...

Offline SevereTireDamage

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2003, 12:08:39 PM »
With all those titles mentioned, though some are purely speculative, I do think that the GC will last a mininum 8 months from now, though I wouldn't put it past Dec. 2004 since we should all know about next gen systems by then, and all three systems will have the same problem by then.

Here's hoping that we'll get backwards compatibility with the Cube.... it'll definitely help the PS3 sales, and possibly X-Box Next.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2003, 01:46:14 PM »
Wait till Tales of Symphonia comes out, then re-ask the question.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Shadow Link

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2003, 02:27:12 PM »
Resident Evil 4 is going to blow ps2 and xbox completly out of the water.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2003, 02:38:21 PM »
about five minutes, they all have time bombs built into them you know.

Offline ib2kool4u912

• Prez Sez, SCHOOL IS FOR LOSERS
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2003, 03:23:50 PM »
Thanks PIAC. I almost got blown up but saved myself by putting tootpaste in oatmael and cooking it on high for 5 minutes. Then i put it on top of my gamecube and cover your gamecube with a pair of boxers it fixed everything and it didnt blow up. It saved me and i encourage all of you to try the same.
If your gamecube is ruined because of oatmael dont blame me, blame PIAC. Wait no hes hosting my avatar, blame the scary oatmeal guy.

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
"But if that extra slot under the gamecube isn't for a hard drive then what the hell is it for?"

The Gamecube waffle iron.

"I have made this thread. It is mine. I call it. But I will share it with you."-KnowsNothing

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2003, 03:26:49 PM »
GameCube will last longer than Xbox.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2003, 03:26:50 PM »
I don't think that was a timer for a bomb that you saw, it was the timer for the waffle iron...

Now you can't even enjoy yummy, crisp waffles while playing your GC because you got oatmeal all over it...Noone to blame but yourself, not Mr. Quaker...

Offline the_zombie_luke

• Baron of Game On
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2003, 05:57:49 PM »
The GameCube will last, as long as their people playing it and enjoying it, long after games stop coming out for it.  

Offline THE_BLINK_EFFECT

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2003, 06:21:00 PM »
i think the Gamecube should last to at least to December 2004 but it all depends if the upcoming titles like MGS: twin snakes and FF: crystal chronicles whether they sell well but you never know.

Offline Ocarina Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2003, 11:18:25 PM »
I see no reason why the GC shouldn't outlast the X-Box. The PS2 might be a more ambitious goal, but it's old hardware, and the GC is already beginning to catch up. The GC has many good exclusive games announced, good archetecture and a growing fanbase. People seem to assume that the GC will have a shorter lifespan than the other big consoles, but I see little evidence to support it.
Om mani padme hum.

Offline ghostVi

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2003, 11:28:30 PM »
Depends on how you define "alive" for a console. If it's about getting new games, then it will last years and years after the next gen (meaning N5 etc) console launch. Look at Dreamcast, there are still new games coming out for it in Japan, even really good once (...Ikaruga comes to mind...).

If "alive" means producing the hardware - I have no idea, but I'd guess it will be stopped some time after the next gen launch...

Offline Masterchief

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2003, 12:27:30 PM »

Originally posted by: Shadow Link
Resident Evil 4 is going to blow ps2 and xbox completly out of the water.

I really do enjoy the intelligence of your responce. But every console will have a great game, xbox is getting fable,Arx Fatalis,Ninja Gaiden,StarCraft: Ghost, and halo 2 and a few more im not gonna list(incase they are just over-hyped), gamecube will get a few(dont feel like listing), and I dunno what the hell ps2 will have. but the point is, at this moment no one single game will blow the other consoles outta the water, except for halo2.
But the gamecube is not doing too well, the market of nintendo fanboys is saturated, the price is now that of 2 games, I just dont think it has a strong future. it just seems to me its pulling a sega dreamcast. Sure it will be a classic, but it just wont hold out as long as you would like it to.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2003, 12:54:22 PM »
"no one single game will blow the other consoles outta the water, except for halo2."

- Why so?

"I just dont think it has a strong future. it just seems to me its pulling a sega dreamcast."

- This is your thesis.

"Sure it will be a classic, but it just wont hold out as long as you would like it to."

- This is your first argument.

-- I see no evidence to support the argument.

--- Given the weak argument, the thesis just fell apart.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2003, 12:55:34 PM »
The Cube will last until Nintendo's next console launches be that 2005, 2006, whenever.  The only reason Nintendo would ever discontinue the Cube earlier than that would be if they themselves went broke.  Unless they make a new diamond encrusted Virtual Boy that's not going to happen before the next console.

Offline savanna03

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2003, 01:40:58 PM »
the games for GCN will last longer beyond the N5 aslong they will put a backward compability on it.  if their is a format for it, i dont think developers will give up on GCN KIT right away and if u dont believe me just ask PSX.
even in the message board, ppl seem 2 be intimidated by me.  it feels like im da slim shady him self 'cuz they had 2 use a microscope everytime i post...  blah they got nothing on me other than attacking my paragraphs...

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2003, 01:50:55 PM »

Originally posted by: SevereTireDamage
With all those titles mentioned, though some are purely speculative, I do think that the GC will last a mininum 8 months from now, though I wouldn't put it past Dec. 2004 since we should all know about next gen systems by then, and all three systems will have the same problem by then.

Here's hoping that we'll get backwards compatibility with the Cube.... it'll definitely help the PS3 sales, and possibly X-Box Next.

WTF???  Which games are speculative?  Minimum 8 months?  Tell your Mom off for me for smoking crack while pregnant.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Masterchief

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2003, 02:23:11 PM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
"no one single game will blow the other consoles outta the water, except for halo2."

- Why so?

"I just dont think it has a strong future. it just seems to me its pulling a sega dreamcast."

- This is your thesis.

"Sure it will be a classic, but it just wont hold out as long as you would like it to."

- This is your first argument.

-- I see no evidence to support the argument.

--- Given the weak argument, the thesis just fell apart.

well first, i was joking about halo 2, ha, its going to be great though.
second, yes a thesis I will now get more into
third, dont you guys still have your dreamcasts? Ive got 2 of them.

okay so anyway, any of you sega fans? no dont think so, most of you are nintendo fan boys. Dreamcast did the same thing. Strong fan support and lowered prices got it selling with a FEW good games. but what next? the price drop is an obvious sign, if it was selling well, why would the price need to be dropped. simple logic my dear watson. also online for DC was crappy, which I also notice with gamecube. You have to pay for each game you play, instead of having one centralized server, you have many. Bad idea. So basically its gonna fade, but its worth having the few good games.

oh and btw, thankyou to Professional 666 for being a fu(king moron and making me explain myself.

Offline cubeboy96

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2003, 02:29:52 PM »
Omg you loser, The CUBE IS AWSOME its like 2 times faster then anyothe console out there. And its small not like that HUGE Xbox with controlers I dont even like! OMG who would make somthing that retarded, all the games suck for it.

the cube has bettter graphics, i knowthe xbox is faster, but its so big it takles like 20 times longer then the nintendo awsome cube to transfer megapixle poltriangulates. And the the games are better even on a smaller disk

PS2 XBOX sux! Ive always bought nintendo because the system will NEVER go down!  

Offline Ridley

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2003, 02:31:44 PM »
"most of you are nintendo fan boys."

Prove it.

"the price drop is an obvious sign, if it was selling well, why would the price need to be dropped."

It's selling well BECAUSE the price dropped. Check your facts.

"oh and btw, thankyou to Professional 666 for being a fu(king moron and making me explain myself."

Flaming someone for disagreeing. How mature of you.
If the graphics are bad, I'll ignore them.
If the style's been used before, I won't care. I don't get sick of styles.
If the story is weak, I'll make up my own.
I only care about gameplay.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2003, 02:34:48 PM »
Ahahahahahaha, cubeboy and masterchief have the same IP

This thread is now for comedy purposes only and will be moved to general chat.