Author Topic: The HALLOWEEN "Scary" Movie Watchlist  (Read 17313 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: The HALLOWEEN "Scary" Movie Watchlist
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2009, 05:51:36 PM »
I like bad horror movies though. They become comedies.

Haven't seen any of the Saws past 2, but I bet they're pretty funny.

I've only watched each one once (except for the 1st one and the one that took place in the house with the needle pit), but I don't remember them as being bad enough to be funny.... just bad.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2009, 05:53:34 PM »
If you want to watch some truly horrendous b horror movies (more like F quality) get the Tomb of Terrors collection or the Bloody Nightmares one which is 100 crappy movies in one big package or the other collections by Pendulum Pictures (some seem to overlap).
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 05:57:04 PM by GoldenPhoenix »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2009, 07:11:12 PM »
Freddy vs. Jason is good Halloween fun, too. Forgot about that one. Freddy looooves the reefer.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2009, 08:03:32 PM »
**** The Shining the book, i can't stand reading King's work. I'll take Kubrik's version by far. I'm not saying he's a bad writer, because he comes up with nothing but great ideas, i just don't like his style.
I didn't like the 1997 version at all...blech.

The Mist, that was a great movie
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2009, 08:31:18 AM »
Drag Me To Hell

If you haven't seen this yet, then add it to your list ASAP. It's a mix of almost everything you like in horror movies. This is about a Gypsy curse, the person that is cursed and how they hope to beat or remove the curse. There are scares, laughs and moments where you find yourself trying to help the lead character even though you know she can't hear you. Brought to you by Sam Raimi, who brought you the Evil Dead and the Spiderman series, this movie is pure entertainment and should not be missed for anyone claiming to like horror movies.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2009, 09:17:18 AM »
Ok, when you do, watch his smile. It's not suppose to be in the movie.

I'll have to do that tonight, i was out joy-riding last night. What do you mean though, it wasn't supposed to be in the movie?

I like bad horror movies though. They become comedies.

Haven't seen any of the Saws past 2, but I bet they're pretty funny.

Exactly!

If you want to watch some truly horrendous b horror movies (more like F quality) get the Tomb of Terrors collection or the Bloody Nightmares one which is 100 crappy movies in one big package or the other collections by Pendulum Pictures (some seem to overlap).

Or you can watch those movies that won the "horror fest" or whatever it was called a few years ago...

I think one of them was "the boogieman" and it was horrible, and i forget what the second one was called but these two people get trapped in somehouse where they see dopplegangers of themselves that are trying to kill them... eh it was retarded and not scary in the slightest. worst peices of **** i'd ever had to pay to see, and its hard to believe those were the films that WON the film festival...ugh.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2009, 04:39:08 AM »
Slither

This is another great "horror" movie to watch. Comes highly recommended right next to Drag Me to Hell for highly entertaining "horror" movies that are fun to watch. If you haven't seen it, go check it out.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2009, 09:20:05 AM »
Slither

This is another great "horror" movie to watch. Comes highly recommended right next to Drag Me to Hell for highly entertaining "horror" movies that are fun to watch. If you haven't seen it, go check it out.

Awesome movie. Only saw it once at a friends suggestion on our failed attempt at starting a weekly movie night, but man was that one night awesome cuz of this movie.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2009, 03:41:30 PM »
I've seen all 5 Saw movies so far, and I actually kind of like them. Saw 4 and 5 completely butcher the storyline, at least as to why Jigsaw does what he does, but at the same time, add a bit of legitimacy to the continuation of the story.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2009, 03:57:21 PM »
Has anyone seen the new Friday the 13th? The Rob Zombie one? I've heard good things.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2009, 04:00:08 PM »
err you mean Halloween? The Friday the 13th remake wasn't really a remake, i doubt they even watched the original. It was more like a sequel. Just a bunch of kids getting hacked and slashed by Jason. There were some cool parts though, Wolf Creek-esque parts.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2009, 04:06:41 PM »
err you mean Halloween? The Friday the 13th remake wasn't really a remake, i doubt they even watched the original. It was more like a sequel. Just a bunch of kids getting hacked and slashed by Jason. There were some cool parts though, Wolf Creek-esque parts.

It was as if a giant living turd took a crap.

This is slightly off-topic but.. and maybe it's jsut me.. but does it seem like this year retailers are downplaying halloween?

Normally before Sept. ends you see halloween stuff up and the halloween specialty stores are usually operational by Oct 1 and no later than that but that doesnt seem to be true this year. It might just be my area but I'm curious to find out from the rest of you if its happening all over. I wouldn't be surprised considering the state of the economy.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2009, 04:17:00 PM »
A Gottschalks shut down across the street from where I'm at right now. HUGE store.
A Spirit Halloween store set up shop in there about a month ago but ain't opening until next week.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2009, 03:00:41 AM »

It was as if a giant living turd took a crap.

This is slightly off-topic but.. and maybe it's jsut me.. but does it seem like this year retailers are downplaying halloween?

Normally before Sept. ends you see halloween stuff up and the halloween specialty stores are usually operational by Oct 1 and no later than that but that doesnt seem to be true this year. It might just be my area but I'm curious to find out from the rest of you if its happening all over. I wouldn't be surprised considering the state of the economy.

quite the contrary over here, it seems like this year is going to be a good Halloween season, normally Halloween has been blah, but this year everyone seems excited over it.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2009, 12:14:58 PM »
A Gottschalks shut down across the street from where I'm at right now. HUGE store.
A Spirit Halloween store set up shop in there about a month ago but ain't opening until next week.

Things like this are exactly what i'm talking about. There's a Spirit Halloween store that rents out this old closed Barns & Noble every Fall and its HUGE. They've been doing this for a few years now and they're always open by Oct 1st, but not this year. I heard there was another Spirit Halloween store opening up (this one actually in my hometown) but it'll be half the size and the opening day is TODAY. In my old experience at Hot Topic, i noticed most retailers that did any sort of halloween theme would put out stuff in late December or early Oct. but this year.. nothing.

Even on tv, i barely see any horror movies being played, the closest is ads for Saw 6. I barely see any decorations on houses or storefronts and to be honest, its bringing me down. I know Halloween isn't a huge (or even real) holiday (anymore) but I always had fun with it and looked forward to it every year. The one year I'm not really feeling it just so happens to be the year where there's nothing out there to try and get me in the spirit. 

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2009, 04:16:47 PM »
Halloween III

No Michael Myers, but i thought this one was great.

The Stuff
same type of film, good stuff.

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2009, 02:22:48 PM »
I keep forgetting to mention Event Horizen.

Talk about a f*cked up horror movie.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2009, 01:18:32 AM »
I just saw Paranormal Activity and it's one of the few movies I wouldn't mind seeing again. I don't think it was as scary as some say, but I can honestly say one seen or 2 really got my heart pumping. It's been hard for me to sleep the last 3 nights. No nightmares, just waiting to fall alseep is harder.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2009, 04:57:47 AM »
Anyone mention the Evil Dead trilogy?

Romero's Dawn of the Dead / Night of the Living Dead?

Nosferatu?

Any Hitchcock suspsense thriller? (I'll choose Psycho)

Rosemary's Baby?

Silence of the Lambs? (yeah yeah psychological thriller)
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2009, 05:00:45 AM »
you just did.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2009, 09:44:40 AM »
you just did.

Success!

^I've been meaning to add these to my collection since somehow I haven't already. I love the original Night/Dawn/Day of the dead movies and Land of the dead was pretty epic. Haven't seen the other Romero '..of the Dead' films yet.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2009, 04:38:18 PM »
Hocus Pocus, not scary, just intensely Halloweeny.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2009, 04:48:01 PM »

^I've been meaning to add these to my collection since somehow I haven't already. I love the original Night/Dawn/Day of the dead movies and Land of the dead was pretty epic. Haven't seen the other Romero '..of the Dead' films yet.

The new Dawn of the Dead was great. the new Day of the dead however was pretty bad.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2009, 07:45:03 PM »
no Zack Snyder, you should see the other new day of the dead(day of the dead:contagion)....that is l'terrible

edit: i mean you shouldn't see

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2009, 12:46:13 AM »
So I am watching AMC and they have been doing a Halloween Horror movie month. Tomorrow is Halloween 4 & 5. Halloween night is Night of the Living Dead.

I hardly watch TV so sorry for the lateness of this. Back to 13 ghosts.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.