Author Topic: R.I.P. Michael Jackson :(  (Read 32968 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
R.I.P. Michael Jackson :(
« on: June 25, 2009, 06:40:10 PM »
 :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :'(

Offline grantimus

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
    • Operation Rainfall
Re: R.I.P. Michael Jackson :(
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 06:42:14 PM »
 :'(

RIP...
Now Playing: Mega Man 3, Mario & Luigi Partners in Time
Go Cardinals!
Nintendo is my girlfriend, except for my real girlfriend

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 06:42:34 PM »
Did I miss something or is this a joke topic?

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 06:49:17 PM »
No joke.  He's actually dead.  Not that shocking but a bummer nonetheless.  The guy seemed like a real weirdo but you hoped he could get things back on track.

I wonder how this will affect his legacy?  Elvis' career was way past its best before date when he died but his death secured his legendary status.  Everyone seemed to forget about how screwed up he was at the end because he died young.  Michael Jackson might have the same fate.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 06:54:25 PM »
Images of Tim Burton's ``Alice in Wonderland.`` were released recently.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 07:02:42 PM »
I will miss Michael Jackson the musician. I will not miss Michael Jackson the skin-bleaching, child molester (that is the only negative thing I will say in this thread).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 07:27:39 PM »
Technically he was never convicted of child molestation.  So it's not really fair to call him a child molester.  You probably wouldn't consider it right if you were accussed of a crime, were acquitted, but everyone looked down on you and assumed you were guilty.  That would suck.

Of course he was charged with the same crime twice and was clearly nuts so you never know.  Even if the guy was innocent he was just asking for trouble by hanging out with little kids all the time.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 07:33:09 PM »
Technically he was never convicted of child molestation.  So it's not really fair to call him a child molester.  You probably wouldn't consider it right if you were accussed of a crime, were acquitted, but everyone looked down on you and assumed you were guilty.  That would suck.

Of course he was charged with the same crime twice and was clearly nuts so you never know.  Even if the guy was innocent he was just asking for trouble by hanging out with little kids all the time.

The sad part is that even if death people will be somewhat happy that the "child molester" is dead.

MJ lead a sad life. From childhood he was abused for the sake of fame by a man who was abusive. That played heavily into his weird attitude. People who survive a troubled childhood never come out right, and this is what happened to MJ. His views of reality got mixed with fantasy and thus we had a man who had an amazing talent and view on life but was disturbing and confused people.

He made some amazing music videos. I'll end this with a quote from Dave Chapelle....

"He made Thriller...THRILLER"
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 07:40:37 PM »
Sad, I suppose.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 07:46:41 PM »
He made some amazing music videos. I'll end this with a quote from Dave Chapelle....

"He made Thriller...THRILLER"

I came here to post the exact same thing. Say what you will about his private life, his music was the **** though. His was the first music i ever liked before really getting passionate about music, and his videos were part of his charm; there was no one else like him, and no one artist has really come close to be honest. His music was something that was enjoyed by almost everyone, no matter what backgrounds they came from or preference of music they had. He truley is the king of pop too, every pop artist to come after him is not even in the same league with Michael Jackson with their bastardized commercial music... damn shame too.

His poor kid(s).. is it odd to think they might have a stranger life now that he's gone?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 09:20:57 PM »
they were talking about getting a free trip to see his upcoming london concert on the radio and in commercials non stop the last two or so weeks, i was listening to some of his music yesterday thinking I don't care what the man did, i wouldn't mind seeing him in concert sometime. Not going to happen now.

R.I.P
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 09:51:56 PM »
Will all the people who bought tickets to his London concerts get their money back?
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2009, 09:56:48 PM »
Poor poor Farah Fawcett :(

But to be honest, us black people have had this moment a long long time ago.
The Michael Jackson we all have grown up to has been gone for quite some time already.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2009, 10:18:30 PM »
Poor poor Farah Fawcett :(

But to be honest, us black people have had this moment a long long time ago.
The Michael Jackson we all have grown up to has been gone for quite some time already.
QFT.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2009, 11:35:54 PM »
**** Buddy Holly. Today is the day the music died.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2009, 11:59:26 PM »
Billie Jean is not my lover
She's just a girl who claims that I am the one
But the kid is not my son

Best.  Song.  Ever.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 12:55:22 AM »
I've got to admit watching him debut the Moonwalk at the AMAs gives me the chills every time I watch it.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 01:22:47 AM »
I was going to mention Billie Jean... best pop song of the past 25 years.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2009, 02:06:16 AM »
When I first read it, it was celebrity gossip site TMZ via Yahoo. I thought it was just erroneous reporting, but one hour later the major  news outlets confirmed it, I was stunned. I couldn't move for 30 minutes straight.  :'(

My uncle saw the Jackson 5 back in the day, and was a MJ fan ever since. I remember as a kid how he'd play the Thriller and Bad records (yes, vinly records!), going through MJ's moves and choreography.  That passion was then passed on to me.

Though for a long time, I couldn't never sit through the Thriller music video until I was 12. That transformation sequence still gives me small jump.  :-\

What else needs to be said? When music videos were in their infancy, Jackson elevated them to an art form. MTV owes a lot to him, since one could say he was the first real video star.

I thought we were going to have this conversation in 2029 or so  :( But with his frail health, maybe that was just too unrealistic.

I highly doubt we'll see a giga-star like him in our lifetime. Music has become so fractured, that they are few, if any acts/bands/singers that the majority of people the world over can get behind. I guess this will be one of those 'in my day' speeches we'll give to our children and grandchildren.
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2009, 02:18:49 AM »
A sad day, indeed. MJ, despite his obvious societal and psychological problems, was the **** and no one could ever take that away from him. His music is classic and will forever be loved. My deepest condolences to his family and loved ones.

So many of my favorite artists are dieing. James Brown, Isaac Hayes, now Michael Jackson....:(
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2009, 03:23:26 AM »
R.I.P MJ, Gamecube's richest fan.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2009, 03:42:33 AM »
RIP one of the best game music composers. Meowth, dat's rite:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbVM-l2Oku4

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2009, 05:30:11 AM »
May he RIP.

Will all the people who bought tickets to his London concerts get their money back?

Yes. I predict the O2 Concert Venue is going to start suing somebody real soon.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2009, 08:00:08 AM »
Say what you will about his private life, his music was the **** though.

Which part do ya mean?  You gotta remember "private life" is stuff at home when there are no paparazzi around.  Dangling baby?  That's public.  Walking around like a mummy?  Public.

I wish it were as simple as forgetting his weirdness and possible crimes and only thinking of the good times, but that weird image is too pervasive and I've seen it far longer than regular Michael Jackson, and I wasn't even alive during most of the Michael Jackson mania.  And in truth, I've never even been much of a pop music fan, so I really can't say I feel anything about this.

It's kinda like Farrah Fawcett, too.  Wasn't part of her popular mania either, never saw anything with her in it.  But I had heard of her cancer fight for 3 years and none of the biography news things they ran during the day mentioned any sort of baby-dangling or anything like that.  So I was like "Well damn that sucks."  With Michael Jackson, I'm like "Well maybe the paparazzi will get a new target."
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2009, 10:24:25 AM »
Say what you will about his private life, his music was the **** though.

Which part do ya mean?  You gotta remember "private life" is stuff at home when there are no paparazzi around.  Dangling baby?  That's public.  Walking around like a mummy?  Public.

I wish it were as simple as forgetting his weirdness and possible crimes and only thinking of the good times, but that weird image is too pervasive and I've seen it far longer than regular Michael Jackson, and I wasn't even alive during most of the Michael Jackson mania.  And in truth, I've never even been much of a pop music fan, so I really can't say I feel anything about this.

It's kinda like Farrah Fawcett, too.  Wasn't part of her popular mania either, never saw anything with her in it.  But I had heard of her cancer fight for 3 years and none of the biography news things they ran during the day mentioned any sort of baby-dangling or anything like that.  So I was like "Well damn that sucks."  With Michael Jackson, I'm like "Well maybe the paparazzi will get a new target."

Well i was talking more about his sleepovers and whether or no they were as innocent as he claimed, but i really don't wanna get into that.

I'm only 23 and i remember pretty much growing up during his stardom so i guess i can say i'm enough of a fan to care about this. His music is pretty timeless so he'll always live on thru that, my only hope is he'll be remembered for THAT legacy and not everything that came when his star faded.. Its just odd to me that there is a whole generation of people not that much younger than me who only know michael jackson as "the weirdo who looks like a white women" or whatever..

/sad
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.