Author Topic: Second Circle Pad Will Be Available for Resident Evil: Revelations  (Read 1454 times)

Offline Penguin_Of_Thyme

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile

Capcom was coy on how it will be made available, but you will be able to use it in February.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/28095

The additional Circle Pad will be available for use in Capcom's Resident Evil: Revelations, coming out on February 7, 2012, according to Capcom's Ryan McDougall at New York Comic Con.

McDougall did not say whether the second Circle Pad is coming out separately or in a bundle, but he confirmed that, if you want it, you will be able to get it.

We've known that the second Circle Pad is coming to North America, but we haven't had any hard confirmation of when it was coming. It will be out in Japan alongside Monster Hunter 3G in December.

Jared Rosenberg
Video Producer, Nintendo World Report

Offline KITT 10K

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Second Slide Pad Will Be Available for Resident Evil: Revelations
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 03:36:35 PM »
It'd be nice if it did come in a bundle. That way you can get both things at once. (But my question for those who won't be able or don't get both them at the same time is, will the game still work without the slide pad attachment?)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 03:47:43 PM »
Of course it will be.
If it was required for play (as in the only way to play), then it would be bundled.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 03:49:40 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 03:48:59 PM »
I literally played this game two days ago without it. It's not required to play.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: Second Circle Pad Will Be Available for Resident Evil: Revelations
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 06:34:38 PM »
Does it control well without the attachment? I know the accessory is not necessary, and would guess that Capcom had enough development done before the attachment was announced that dual-analog isn't the primary control method, but I'll be interested to see which control method works best for this game.

(edit: Thinking about MGS comments, and how that game doesn't require the add-on but is apparently terrible to play without it. Also edited slightly for clarity.)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 08:51:32 PM by ejamer »
NNID: ejamer

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 06:37:28 PM »
It started out with Monster Hunter and a handful of other titles, but now we have Luigi's Mansion 2 and now this game which all make use of it. Looks like this is a peripheral that is going to see a lot of action.
is your sanity...

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 06:59:49 PM »
This was one of the "handful of titles". The real question was if the attachment was coming stateside.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 09:36:13 PM »
It controls like Mercenaries 3D, which controlled perfectly fine. I could see the second Circle Pad making this game a little better.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 07:08:05 AM »
It controls like Mercenaries 3D, which controlled perfectly fine. I could see the second Circle Pad making this game a little better.

Big thumbs up! Being better with dual-analogs is fine, as long as the game is playable and fun without them. Thanks for the follow-up.

I haven't tried Mercenaries yet. It looks interesting, but not nearly as appealing as a main entry in the Resident Evil series.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 08:48:43 AM »
I read a lot of reviews about Mercenaries where people complained there is only one save slot and you can't delete it, which is pretty stupid. That's the sort of thing which would make a game an instant no purchase for me, even if it was awesome in every other respect. Hopefully this next Resident Evil game doesn't try pulling that crap too.
is your sanity...