Author Topic: OoT and Master Quest Discussion  (Read 13024 times)

Offline Kimchi

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
OoT and Master Quest Discussion
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2003, 08:13:34 PM »
Oh crap... Who else here is at or has been to Jabu-Jabu's Belly yet in Master Quest?  For some reason, where you would expect switches, I'm getting cows.  Is it just me, or is it supposed to be this way?

***Kimchi is scared***  
AC name: Kimchi
AC town: Kakariko

Offline Chris150

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2003, 08:21:42 PM »

Oh crap... Who else here is at or has been to Jabu-Jabu's Belly yet in Master Quest? For some reason, where you would expect switches, I'm getting cows. Is it just me, or is it supposed to be this way?

LOL!! I loved that! I got a kick outa seeing cows in Jabu-Jabu's mouth but when i figured out they were switched i though that was hilarious!! And it's not just one room...they're all over the place!!! I especially love the look on their face. They have the calmest look... Like they're saying " Hi there. How are you?" while they're being digested. They should've put that in the original OOT.

Hmm... I was a bit dissapointed with the Water Temple though... It seemed like they made it easier rather than harder. And they didn't change they Shadow Temple much... Oh well.. i can't be too picky sicne i got it free.
AC Info:
Town: PsiWater
Name: Chris(space before the C)

Offline Chris150

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2003, 08:25:19 PM »

I got the OOT/MQ disc too and I'm having a lot of fun with it. However, I must be getting old or somethng because I can't figure out how to get through Dodongo's Cavern. I'm in the "lobby" (entrance) and I've used the bomb to desroy all the doors except for this one on the right side closest to the entrance. Every time I pick up a bomb to blow the door open, it explodes too soon. It's been 5 years since I played this and I know it was different, but this is really starting to annoy me. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Master Quest makes you think alot more doesn't it? Did you bomb everything? Not just the doors? A good tip for Master Quest is too look everywhere.
AC Info:
Town: PsiWater
Name: Chris(space before the C)

Offline Mike-OPN2000

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2003, 02:05:34 PM »
I picked up my bonus disk today, and and very pleased with it.  It looks so much cleaner from running in high res, and slowdown doesnt seem to be as bad either.  Master Quest is pretty cool, I have finished the Deku Tree temple, and it was alot differant than in OoT.  After beating OoT 20 times, its kinda crazy seeing everything changed up.  Its a very nice gift from nintendo.....

Offline amrob505

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2003, 02:47:01 PM »
hey, Starman
if you are in dodongo's cavern in master quest, you can't bomb that last door for a while, not until you get up to the top floor.  Try bombing one of the rocks laying around.

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2003, 04:40:26 PM »
Its pretty sweet how nintendo created ura zelda/master quest.  Only the masters could take 8 dungeons, keep the dimensions of every room the same, but change all the puzzles, all the enemies, and all the items.  I just beat the re- arranged forest temple and am incredulous to how Nintendo could do such a wonderful job at changing the game.  Maybe it's just me, but I think some of the cut-scenes are gamecube quality graphics in some spots.  If not, then I guess I have forgotten that N64 graphics looked somewhat good.

--- On a side note:  In the preview for the Wind Waker, There is a wonderful scene where Link brings the Master Sword to his face as he closes his eyes, then reaches it high up into the air.  I'm callin' it right now as my favorite part of the preview, and maybe the actual game.  I'll have to wait til March to see if my statement stands.
      ^^---"There is still hope"---^^