Author Topic: Maximum Number of Games /UI design defect?  (Read 23477 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Number of Games /UI design defect?
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2012, 12:07:56 PM »
Bump.

So, I was messing around with folders...  I have no intentions of putting all my downloads into folders, because it won't let me organize them as awesomely as I can on the menu... but I did create three folders - "DMV".  Demos, Misc., and Videos.  All of the Demos are in one folder, videos in another, then all the system stuff that I don't use (camera, music player, etc.) in the third.

This, of course, freed up a lot of space on my main menu.

Sadly, the menu did not re-condense afterwards and I still have a *LOT* of empty spaces on my home screen.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2012, 12:31:38 PM »
Sadly, the menu did not re-condense afterwards and I still have a *LOT* of empty spaces on my home screen.

This is also sad for me, as I have like 4 pages of empty space.  I would hope that this will be changed in a future update, but right now my "front page" is a mess of single letter folders and random icons I don't care about.   It's like there was a nuclear holocaust in my 3DS, and this is where all the survivors have gathered.  Do they envy the dead?

I have no intentions of putting all my downloads into folders, because it won't let me organize them as awesomely as I can on the menu... .

I've also been mulling this over, though it would be such a pain to put it all back.  There's five or ten minutes I will never get back.

I would like to think that one day, one update in the future, we will get icons for folders.  But I'm not holding my breath.   I think custom icons are up there with custom wallpaper, interchangeable cases, and other thing Nintendo will never ever do.   "Want to express yourself?  Go buy another color 3DS.  Or do swapnote!  Or better, Colors 3D!  That makes us money!"
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2014, 01:00:07 PM »
And now, there's this....

http://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/2c4abc/there_is_a_download_limit_for_3ds_software/

We discovered this two years ago.  We're so hip. ;)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2014, 04:08:39 PM »
I'm more curious how many titles can fit into the Activity Log...

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2014, 04:28:12 PM »
32 pages of 8 games each.  It deletes titles as need and seems to randomly delete older titles for no reason (I assume there is some kind of reasoning behind it, but I don't know what it is).

One of the first games I really spent time playing on my 3DS was Last Window - I imported it about the time the 3DS came out and, of course, played it. :D

Recently, I had gone back into my Activity Log and tried to pull that title up.  It wasn't listed, and many of the older titles in my "Daily Records" were listed as "???????".  However, if I go in now and look back in April of 2011, it does show Lost Window, the icon, and the playtime.  Funny thing though, if I go into my Library and pull up the rankings, it's one of the last games listed, showing I've only played it one time for one minute on the day where I had recently put it back into the system to see if the icon would go back into my game list.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2014, 04:33:02 PM »
Only 256? That doesn't seem like much. I just figured it would expand again when I filled up the 32 pages, like how it expanded from 16 to 32 when I filled those up.

I guess I'd better delete the demos from my list, no point having them there...

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2014, 05:34:19 PM »
Nope.  Tops out at 32 pages, sadly.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2014, 06:16:36 PM »
So I can have 300 games on my 3DS but only 256 of them show up in the log. 44 games get the shaft.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2014, 09:35:42 PM »
Sucks for the stat fans. I thought that Nintendo would have patched a resolution to this at some point. Hopefully the Wii U doesn't have a similar issue.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2014, 09:38:58 PM »
For it to be a problem, though, the Wii U would have to at some point have more than 256 games available for it. /rimshot

J.P. Corbran

« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2014, 09:25:42 PM »
For it to be a problem, though, the Wii U would have to at some point have more than 256 games available for it. /rimshot

With Nintendo consoles you never know, N64 had fewer than 300 games but it was far more successful than GameCube which had over 600 games. The way things are going not likely I bet they max out just shy of 280.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2014, 09:32:42 PM »
Insanolord was cracking a joke, but Wii U already has over 400 games on it across retail and eShop, and not including the VC (which I think just reached number 100).

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2014, 05:43:03 PM »
I like the Activity Logs. :)
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2014, 12:25:23 AM »
I like the Activity Logs. :)

I'm also a huge fan of them, and wish they had something like it on other platforms. I'd really like to know just how insane an amount of time I've spent in FIFA 14 on PS4.

J.P. Corbran