Author Topic: Fourth Professor Layton Game Trademarked in North America  (Read 1352 times)

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Fourth Professor Layton Game Trademarked in North America
« on: May 26, 2011, 02:32:45 PM »

Looks like we'll be seeing Professor Layton and the Last Specter at E3 2011.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/26408

Professor Layton and the Last Specter has been trademarked by Level-5 in North America, according to Siliconera.

The fourth Layton game is a prequel that tells the story of Layton and Luke's first meeting. Originally released in 2009 in Japan under the name Professor Layton and the Specter's Flute, it also features a lengthy post-game RPG developed by Mother 3 developers Brownie Brown.

Last year, a trademark for the third Professor Layton game, Professor Layton and the Unwound Future, was uncovered shortly before E3 2010. The game was then confirmed for a fall North American launch during E3. It is very likely the same will happen for the Last Specter.

Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Fourth Professor Layton Game Trademarked in North America
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 02:36:16 PM »
So their is a Non-Puzzle RPG in this one?  Does it explain how Luke has the magic ability to speak to animals?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 02:58:52 PM »
Trademarked by Level-5, huh? Looks like they're publishing the next three games themselves. I wonder if that will affect the localisation in any way.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 04:37:36 PM »
I actually researched this one, but since the research proved for naught, I didn't include it.

Level-5 submitted/owns the trademark for every Layton game in NA. Same guy and lawyer submitted each one.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 05:37:29 PM »
Finally!  Jeez, I was getting worried their for a sec that this would never see the light of day, being a DS game and all.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 08:40:24 PM »
Nice to see the old warhorse still has some life left in it. If that RPG is as long as advertised (100hrs), I might be good for the rest of the year without having to splurge on a 3DS.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 12:02:36 PM »
yyyyyyyyyyyyYYEEEEESSSSS!!!!!

The wife and I just finished playing Unwound Future last week and I immediately watched Eternal Diva and began replaying Diabolical Box.

I, too, was getting worried this game wouldn't come stateside.  This is the best pre-E3 news I've gotten!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 12:27:08 PM »
[...] I immediately watched Eternal Diva [...]

Great movie, isn't it?

Someone on NWR should review it.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 12:40:45 PM »
Great movie, isn't it?

Heck yea!  I believe I remember seeing that they had at least one more animated Layton film in the works.  I really can't get enough of the Professor these days.  I think there is also a live action movie but... yea... that probably won't be as cool.

PS - Did you get my message about a Custom Title? =P