Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword  (Read 615587 times)

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
Re: New Wii Zelda
« Reply #400 on: December 16, 2009, 01:53:00 PM »
The Ocarina Master Quest is on the Wind Waker preorder bonus disk, along with Ocarina itself. I have it, but haven't gotten around to playing it yet...I keep meaning to.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 16, 2009, 01:57:38 PM »
Yeah, but those aren't Ocarina Master Quest, they are additional quest for the original NES game and for the SNES game.
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 16, 2009, 02:43:41 PM »
It would awesome if Link would go back to be child, there's nothing interesting or compelling about any teenage character at all in any work of fiction. Too bad it isn't happening.
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 16, 2009, 02:53:46 PM »
It would awesome if Link would go back to be child, there's nothing interesting or compelling about any teenage character at all in any work of fiction. Too bad it isn't happening.

Tell that to all the Twilight and Harry Potter fans.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #404 on: December 16, 2009, 03:05:14 PM »
"Twilight and Harry Potter fans, you're all terrible perverts.  Don't you dare ruin Zelda more than it already was."

http://verydemotivational.com/2009/12/01/truth/
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #405 on: December 16, 2009, 03:10:28 PM »
"Twilight and Harry Potter fans, you're all terrible perverts.  Don't you dare ruin Zelda more than it already was."

http://verydemotivational.com/2009/12/01/truth/

That is the exact image I thought of when I wrote that post.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #406 on: December 16, 2009, 06:08:37 PM »
Goddamn, that's funny.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 16, 2009, 06:46:35 PM »
It all makes sense now!

So many times have I seen Link walk into a house with an old lady and instead of getting mad, they tell Link that food will be ready soon!
black fairy tales are better at sports

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #408 on: December 16, 2009, 07:25:46 PM »
They want Link for dinner.  Those monsters.

Offline mac<censored>

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 16, 2009, 07:41:05 PM »
They want Link for dinner.  Those monsters.

Dunno what they're thinking -- link may be a soft and tender little morsel, but there's hardly any meat on him!

Now Epona, on the other hand...

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 16, 2009, 08:00:04 PM »
You guys remember that restaurant "Hot and Now" (what a name -- such an american title)? I was convinced their patties were made from horse.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 17, 2009, 03:43:28 AM »
Meh, we go to a specific restaurant because their burgers are made from horse.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #412 on: December 17, 2009, 04:05:31 AM »
Meh, we go to a specific restaurant because their burgers are made from horse.

Eat that, foolish Amerikans.  wait, you already do

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 17, 2009, 04:35:50 AM »
I hear that horse burgers stick to your ribs like glue.

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 17, 2009, 11:12:00 AM »

Exactly my point. Potter kid was watchable, Potter now is the most boring thing ever, and we don't even need to talk about that abomination to literature and cinema that is twilight.

I should have added that only teenagers find teenagers interesting, or at least, tolerable. And even then they hate each other and themselves. Well and there's the creepy old men/women who drool over some of them but thats for another topic :P.
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 17, 2009, 12:29:17 PM »
Link was only made a teenager in the last console game because Zelda fans whined. If anyone noticed in the game manuals for Link to the Past (SNES) and Link's Awakening, he looks like he is in his teenage years.

Toon Link's alternate color in SSBB as the old-school Link was just amazing.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #416 on: December 17, 2009, 12:38:21 PM »

Exactly my point. Potter kid was watchable, Potter now is the most boring thing ever, and we don't even need to talk about that abomination to literature and cinema that is twilight.

I should have added that only teenagers find teenagers interesting, or at least, tolerable. And even then they hate each other and themselves. Well and there's the creepy old men/women who drool over some of them but thats for another topic :P.

My highschool chemistry teachers (middle-aged women) bought Ocarina of Time when it launched.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 17, 2009, 12:42:24 PM »
That makes me both lol and scared at the same time.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 17, 2009, 03:13:37 PM »
I don't get all the hate on harry Potter. Twilight deserves it wholeheartedly because the writing is atrocious, boring, pointless, and without anything even remotely close to being artistically relevant or significant. The same cannot be said of Harry Potter. My two favorite books in the world are Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Dune, and I love Harry Potter.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline SilverGrey

• GP replacement
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 17, 2009, 03:23:29 PM »
I don't get all the hate on harry Potter. Twilight deserves it wholeheartedly because the writing is atrocious, boring, pointless, and without anything even remotely close to being artistically relevant or significant. The same cannot be said of Harry Potter. My two favorite books in the world are Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Dune, and I love Harry Potter.

I like your favorite books too!  I've also read all the Twilight books (gasp!).  I would argue about compelling teenage characters in literature, but I doubt that's what this thread is about.  I enjoy Catcher in the Rye, Jane Eyre, and Wuthering Heights.  I re-read Wuthering Heights every year actually.  I also find compelling children characters in literature.  I like David Copperfield and To Kill a Mockingbird and Huck Finn.  As far as my thoughts on Twilight, you want good vampire novels, read The Historian or Anne Rice (or just read Dracula), but I don't think Stephanie Meyer was really trying to write a vampire novel.  I think she was trying to write teenage romance.  And if that's what she was after, she hit it on the head.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: December 17, 2009, 04:36:09 PM »
Harry Potter is just so over-rated. It's not a bad story, just gets too much praise.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 18, 2009, 12:01:40 AM »
lol derailed, harry potter is just something that has bloomed over the years, it came out the same time as lord of the rings and has been one of the better fantasy film series(i am ignoring that they are books first), and each year or two there is a nice new one. I can't think of a series of movies with so many sequels besides james bond that didn't all suck after part 3 and end up in some bargain bin.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 18, 2009, 12:09:38 AM »
lol derailed, harry potter is just something that has bloomed over the years, it came out the same time as lord of the rings and has been one of the better fantasy film series(i am ignoring that they are books first), and each year or two there is a nice new one. I can't think of a series of movies with so many sequels besides james bond that didn't all suck after part 3 and end up in some bargain bin.

Notice how both of those examples were books first.

Anyway, discussing the quality of the movies is silly because the movies are only decent if you've never read the book. The amount of stuff that they have to cut as well as the lack of light-heartedness that comes from Rowling's prose means that they'll never be considered even decent literature.
-Travis Touchdown

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 18, 2009, 12:22:51 AM »
how does that make sense? The movies are decent only if you've never read the book? I haven't read the books and i think the mvoies are great. I'm pretty sure though, if i had read the books points would get taken away in my mind. However, thats really the difference in medium. Movies, are on the surface a view of a world, more limited, but in its use is how well they are rated. Books of course are deeper. I mean there is shallow media, and deep media. A harry potter miniseries could go into as much detail as the books, so could a video game, but definitely not a movie. Its the opposite of me watching Watchmen. I read the graphic novel first, and then watched the movie. The movie wasn't as good as the book, but i'll never ever enjoy a novel or film more without having done one or the other first. Then theres fight club where I watched the movie first and the book wasn't much different. I mean think of Harry Potter in the realm of fantasy movies..what is it competiog against? LOTRs, Willow, Star Wars, the Labyrynth, Never Ending Story, Princess Bride? As far as movies go in the fantasy genre it is one of the better fantasy series.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 12:30:22 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 18, 2009, 01:24:39 AM »
Movies, are on the surface a view of a world, more limited, but in its use is how well they are rated. Books of course are deeper. I mean there is shallow media, and deep media.

Exactly. Movies can be just as deep as books, but when you take a book and cut it down to fit into a movie, it almost always loses most of its power. That's what I'm saying.

You're sort of proving my point with that list of movies at the end (except Princess Bride and LotR), as I would consider all of them superior to any of the Harry Potter movies.
-Travis Touchdown