Author Topic: Picross S+ Bringing 3DS Games to Switch in 2024  (Read 666 times)

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Picross S+ Bringing 3DS Games to Switch in 2024
« on: September 11, 2023, 11:00:00 PM »

The forthcoming release will collect all nine Picross e games that are now inaccessible after the closure of the 3DS eShop.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/64833/picross-s-bringing-3ds-games-to-switch-in-2024

The next game in the Picross S series will be Picross S+, a collection of all nine Picross e games that were originally released on the 3DS eShop.

Due out in 2024, Picross S+ will contain the content from Picross e for an estimated price of $4.99 (and equivalent pricing). The other eight releases will be available as DLC for an estimated price of $4.99 each. This will be the first time Picross e9 will be available outside of Japan.

Additionally, developer Jupiter released Logiart Grimoire into early access on PC. The game features Picross-like puzzles and builds off of it with puzzle fusion where you combine the objects you create in puzzles to solve different challenges. Logiart Grimoire will also come to Switch after the early access period.

Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Picross S+ Bringing 3DS Games to Switch in 2024
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023, 05:32:46 PM »
a collection of all nine Picross e games

Nine?! There were only 8. I remember playing through them all. What's this nine you speak of?

This will be the first time Picross e9 will be available outside of Japan.

Oh! I didn't realize there had been a ninth version that was never ported over. That's weird that they didn't. I'm guessing this was after 3DS sales began falling with the Switch taking off and maybe they thought the market had moved on. Too bad. I still think it would have sold well enough but I guess the opportunity to play it will exist now.

Picross S+ will contain the content from Picross e for an estimated price of $4.99 (and equivalent pricing). The other eight releases will be available as DLC for an estimated price of $4.99 each.

Uh-oh. So it would seem I can't buy e9 individually like you could on the 3DS. I'd basically have to pay double for it. Buying the base e (Picross S+) version and then buying the e9 release for DLC of it. Ehhhhhh, not sure I'd want to play it enough to spend that much for it. The first e game is sort of the "worst" of the lot as the series got more refined and seemed to offer more puzzles with each new iteration. I'm hoping Jupiter will rethink this and release these packs individually like the 3DS versions.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.