Author Topic: 3DS System Update Brings Miiverse and Unified Account Between the 3DS and Wii U  (Read 11375 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure it's the first step of many towards an actual unified account system.

This update happens next month (?)

end of 1st quarter may see expansion on the idea, and maybe by end of 2014 we will have all the pieces in place to actually call it a Unified NNID Account.

Nintendo is a turtle in this game. They dance to their own beat, and usually several songs behind, but they'll get there eventually. Just can't say if all of us will still be around to care by the time they do...

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
I think if Nintendo decides to allow one purchase for all systems in the future Nintendo could address the issue multiple ways.

1) Just ignore the issue...you got to play the games on both system a year before anyone else...not the best idea.

2) Give them a perk.  You can upgrade all your Wii purchased virtual console games for free on the Wii U when they are available.  A nice perk...it gives you value that could be much higher than your previous purchases.

3) Give a reimbursement up to a certain amount for each unit console.  This is tricky.  You can not give a reimbursement for the whole amount, because that could get costly fast...but if you make the amount too high it is costly because some gamers would not have purchased that much.  If you make it too low gamers might complain.  If you do tiers what happens if you just miss a new tier.

I think the perk idea is the best...but we do not even know if Nintendo will do this.  Another option is for Nintendo to just wait until Next, Next generation and handle it then.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
I thought about this before and I have a pretty fair solution for this issue. It's part of a larger topic I've been meaning to post in the Nintendo Console Discussion board that I've been too lazy to type up.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
I won a bet here, right?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
I won a bet here, right?

If it's the one I'm thinking of you're going to need to complain to Aaron as to not being able to collect on it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
This is a giant step forward for Nintendo. Now all they need to do is offer Wii and DS games on the eShop, allow Paypal integration, and offer humble bundles for games on eShop and bring the entire Virtual Console to the Wii U and 3DS and all will be good.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
I won a bet here, right?

If it's the one I'm thinking of you're going to need to complain to Aaron as to not being able to collect on it.

I couldn't really remember who I even made it with. ;)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline StrawHousePig

• a tag
  • Score: -8
    • View Profile
    • Title available upon http request.
Ugh, what took so long? :p

I'm like BNM. When is my Wii account going to be unified so I can spend my lost funds? I want my $2!
Old gamers never die, we just run out of quarters.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile

Offline StrawHousePig

• a tag
  • Score: -8
    • View Profile
    • Title available upon http request.
I used the eShop once to try it out and then not again until this issue of mine was resolved - How do I get what I pay you for? | Nintendo Tech Forums

Holding onto monies like that is serious bullcrap. I'm looking at you, Steam...
Old gamers never die, we just run out of quarters.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
I used the eShop once to try it out and then not again until this issue of mine was resolved - How do I get what I pay you for? | Nintendo Tech Forums

Holding onto monies like that is serious bullcrap. I'm looking at you, Steam...
Are you complaining about the sales tax or the random cents being left in your account?

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Oh I forgot Tj Spyke may have lost that bet :D

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
Too bad Nintendo is blocking message sharing and friend requests from 3DS Miiverse. GoNintendo confirmed this a few days ago.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
Too bad Nintendo is blocking message sharing and friend requests from 3DS Miiverse. GoNintendo confirmed this a few days ago.

Would you rather predators to be able to take advantage of the system?

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile

Would you rather predators to be able to take advantage of the system?

That must mean you don't support Xbox Live, PSN, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Reddit, forums, or ****, pretty much the whole fucking internet then.

Jesus, I hate that alarmist attitude.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
...or Wii, Wii U...

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Now that I think about it, was Kytim being sarcastic? I'm not good at picking that up in text.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
Now that I think about it, was Kytim being sarcastic? I'm not good at picking that up in text.

I was being sarcastic towards Tendoboy.