Author Topic: NWR Wi-Fi Night: Mario Kart 7 - Saturday, December 10  (Read 6943 times)

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Re: NWR Wi-Fi Night: Mario 3D Kart - Saturday, December 10
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2011, 10:49:09 PM »
I kept going back and forth between GP and Battle, never got disconnected once. Glad Nintendo fixed my wireless.

Now who the devil is Shy C? Beat me bad in battle mode!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Seacor

• Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2011, 11:12:49 PM »
I wish there were more communication phrases...

Be right back
Need to take a break
Be back in five
Going to check the other community

Or better yet, voice chat for those that want to use it and free form text input.  All communication could be locked down by parental controls, if needed.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 11:15:49 PM by Seacor »
"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die."

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: NWR Wi-Fi Night: Mario Kart 7 - Saturday, December 10
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2011, 01:01:49 AM »
I wish there were more communication phrases...

Be right backup
Need to take a break
Be back in five
Going to check the other communities

Or better yet, voice chat for those that want to use it and free form text input.  All communication could be locked down by parental controls, if needed.

I agree 100%
I even made a funhouse thread about it
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=36463.0

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2011, 01:07:45 AM »
Thank you to everyone who came out and played with us tonight. According to the game there were 10 people in the Grand Prix community for a lot of the night, so that's pretty good for a week after release. I and a couple other people had some technical issues, but all in all I think we had a pretty successful event.

Feel free to make any comments or suggestions about tonight's event here. What did you like, and what do you think we could improve upon in the future?
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2011, 08:52:19 AM »
Maybe we can bring in a normal chat component via NWR chat. It would make grouping up larger games better since we can communicate to people in game so we can get ETAs.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2011, 11:05:36 AM »
I also couldn't figure out how to tell the last person I was playing against that it was my last game and I had to go since we never made it back to a chat lobby, so NWR Chat being active at the same time would be good..

Offline SilverQuilava

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2011, 05:50:45 PM »
That really was some tight racing for a while there! I had fun. Hope there will be another grand prix sometime.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2011, 11:53:14 PM »
The universal translator is a useful tool, but Nintendo being Nintendo, crippled the system out of misplaced, disproportional fear.

It was a shame you had to bug out BlacknMild2k1, it was a pretty sweet game. I would love to setup voice/smack chat in the side, but one step at a time. FC: 3222-5727-4873. PM me so I can counter add.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2011, 05:20:06 AM »
I played 2 games with you & Johnnyboy, but then my connection dropped. :(

Then I jumped back in and got a game with someone by the name of "Brian" I think, and I played 2 more, but I had to go after that. How do you communicate that  with the person you are playing with?
I felt bad just dropping out of the game when it kept auto-entering me into the next match as my only options were to press the "Home" button to exit the game or select ok to go to the next match.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2011, 07:55:37 AM »
You "don't" communicate with the person your playing with.

There is no way in-game to sync groups up so you can have a bigger game. It's luck of the draw. Maybe there is something the in game friends list that might help you re-join a dropped game, but as it stands, it's messy. Once you're playing it's pretty good, even when playing with people on the other side of the world, but the organizational aspect has a lot left to be desired. It's an ok system if you want to have massive random games or small group of friends that know each other explicitly, but whatever is in between gets lost like what happened on Wi-Fi night.

There were about 3 groups playing battle, but the games never got bigger than 4 people. NWR chat is going to be a must for our current group size.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2011, 11:23:00 AM »
And this is why I hope Nintendo has Valve's Steamworks Dept. on a direct line for Wii U online.

Waiting room lobbies with text and voice chat, friendlist invites to join your room or game, ingame chat either text or voice. Something. I need to be able to communitcate with the people I'm playing with in some manner, even if they just expand the pre-defined text list. And they should drop you back into a lobby inbetween matches so you can wait for more people or change the game you're playing or adjust your options or something.

Maybe I should add this to the Online Network thread...