Author Topic: Nintendo Free Radio 40: 2014: Revengeance  (Read 1520 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Nintendo Free Radio 40: 2014: Revengeance
« on: July 20, 2014, 08:50:31 PM »
You seen Stephen? Yeah, me, him and Funky Student... we're forming a jazz trio. (Time: 2:55:09)

Download MP3

There's a giant storm coming, but the calm right now allows us to pick things off the ol' backlog. For New Business, Donald returns to 2012's finest loot-based Zelda clone by playing the Wii U version of Darksiders II. Is it worth your time, or just another example of #THQuality? Stephen has a classic RPG on the docket, as he returns to high school for the slow-starting Persona 4 Golden. Austen brings a few games around with the surprisingly sane-named Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition, returns to the Vita lemming platfomer Dokuro, and accepts Charlie's Challenge by taking a few shots at Sniper Elite v3. Also mentioned: Which game developer is actually Tommy Wiseau.

Following an important call to action, Whatcha Watchin' returns to the realm of ramen and gigabytes of images as Donald stares into the abyss of Welcome to the NHK and finds some disturbing similarities staring back at him. Stephen goes to the vegetable and risotto dimensions In quick-hitting MasterChef, Cutthroat Kitchen and Next Food Network Star, while Austen finds Space Dandy and The Legend of Korra (season 3) to be quite dandy, but the security around Korra to be decidedly not.

Since this is the closest we'll come to an anniversary show, our Feature flashes back to episode 1 with a look at 2014's games we're excited for - and we actually blew it out to a full top 5 list, with no repeats. The conclusion: If you tell AAA games to get knotted, there's some major league games coming for the rest of the year. The Mushrooms look at pricing concerns in anime and shooter expansion packs, but also supplies words of praise for Butt Butt.

We still want to hear from you for feature ideas, game discussions or corrections (thanks Thomas!) so drop us an email here or leave it below.

This podcast was recorded on July 13 and edited by Donald Theriault. All music is used under fair use provisions and for context of the discussions. Satan is still weak to wind.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 09:48:23 AM by Shaymin »
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Re: Nintendo Free Radio 40: 2014: Revengeance
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 09:49:36 AM »
If you grabbed the podcast in the last 12 hours, I've fixed an error in the final mix that caused part of the Shovel Knight discussion to make no sense. I've updated the link to point to the new file.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 02:54:03 PM »
on now posted there has been plenty of stuff to make fun of like the mafia games that you guys seem to ignore or things like the pseudo politics thread I made that somehow still hasn't been locked yet

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 03:39:58 PM »
on now posted there has been plenty of stuff to make fun of like the mafia games that you guys seem to ignore or things like the pseudo politics thread I made that somehow still hasn't been locked yet
Back in the archive there is a game of Mafia I played in and tried to shove into Now Posted.

The Problem with the Mafia games that by the time we record and edit all the time spent doing them justice is well... Not very fruitful.  Maybe we'll do a segment on the whole thing at some point.  Definitely will if Khush is ever on.  Though we might have the Shaymin vs Khush Animal Crossing Death Match.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.