Author Topic: Mafia LXIV: Day 2  (Read 18543 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LXIV: Day 2
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2014, 11:41:14 PM »
Most of those things are how I handled things here, with one exception that I think makes sense within the rules of this specific game. Neither the vote changer nor the vote nullifier had any effect on yesterday's result.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2014, 11:42:25 PM »
This is getting a little TOO real in here, I'm going to go play video games.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2014, 11:44:35 PM »
At least if the mafia kills me tonight, I'll have the satisfaction of knowing it will once again be another example of proving Pokepal148 wrong again.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2014, 11:45:26 PM »
This is getting a little TOO real in here, I'm going to go play video games.

Wait a minute... were you one of those guys in high school who spent half his time at the arcade, hunched over the machines with all the other pale, friendless virgins?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2014, 11:48:45 PM »
Most of those things are how I handled things here, with one exception that I think makes sense within the rules of this specific game. Neither the vote changer nor the vote nullifier had any effect on yesterday's result.

And the only thing I am curious about and can't figure out is the tiebreaker rule. According to it, if there is a tie, someone will still die depending on the allocation order. However, no one died so now I'm not sure what happens in a tie even with one occurring yesterday. Of course, I haven't bothered to complain to much about it because if that means I can keep playing, then let sleeping dogs lie. For future votes, if we just ensure there is an overwhelming majority and then we don't have to worry about a tie or what may or may not happen. Remove the uncertainty.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2014, 11:49:44 PM »
I think I have a good enough sense of what's happening to make a more informed vote, even if it is just for show at this point.  Sorry Pokepal, I didn't expect a bandwagon to be aimed at you, and I certainly wasn't going to vote against you today.

Vote Khushrenada.  He cannot be trusted.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2014, 11:54:03 PM »
Screw it, one last run, why not,

vote khushrenada

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2014, 11:56:00 PM »

And the only thing I am curious about and can't figure out is the tiebreaker rule. According to it, if there is a tie, someone will still die depending on the allocation order. However, no one died so now I'm not sure what happens in a tie even with one occurring yesterday. Of course, I haven't bothered to complain to much about it because if that means I can keep playing, then let sleeping dogs lie. For future votes, if we just ensure there is an overwhelming majority and then we don't have to worry about a tie or what may or may not happen. Remove the uncertainty.

There was no tie yesterday, at least by the incorrect way it turned out to be counted. Khush got 3 votes, compared to 2 at most for anybody else, but did not die because of other factors. Therefore no one was killed by the vote.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2014, 11:57:18 PM »
I think it is important to realize that it is very hard to run a mafia game.  Not just counting the names, but keeping track of rules.  Keeping people informed in private messages.  Making sure your rules are clear and followed.

I think we should be happy that the little matter happened on Day One. 

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2014, 12:00:24 AM »
I think it is important to realize that it is very hard to run a mafia game. 

Which is another reason why Pokepal should be a bit more empathetic and not so quick to judge considering how things went last game.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2014, 12:02:07 AM »
Khush is right everyone, you should all like me and hate Pokepal.

The day is over. I hope to get this turned around better than yesterday. Get your actions in in the next half hour if you haven't already.

J.P. Corbran