Author Topic: Introducing the Newest Nintendo Console: The Trump  (Read 22509 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing the Newest Nintendo Console: The Trump
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2016, 03:50:48 AM »
some news sites a declaring ps5 the winner of the next console war, even though it has yet to be released. A lot of developers say they will support it, but that could change at launch.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2016, 02:49:11 AM »
“They have to get tougher. They have get sharper, They have to get smarter. They have to have to -- Third Parties -- either stick together or let me just do it by myself. I'll do very well."

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2016, 01:52:52 AM »
The console has decided to allow third party games on the system as long as they aren't from "Terror Publishers" . When asked what would quantify as a "Terror Publisher" Nintendo responded: "They're pretty well-decided. All you have to do is look!"

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2016, 04:09:38 PM »
Hmm? Why is Pokepal's name grey?
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2016, 05:00:14 PM »
I'm guessing his SuperTrumpEntertainmentSystem jokes went one step too far? That was one of his last posts. Though I would have figured he would have received a warning first? Maybe he did and ignored it?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2016, 05:09:28 PM »
Could be but I also notice the PS4K thread in General Gaming has completely disappeared and been nuked off these forums. I know Pokepal148 was a posting a bit in that near the end. Maybe he did something there that went too far and got the whole thread canned along with himself in the process. Too bad. I was interested in reading a bit more of what oohhboy and ThePerm were going on about because they could make some interesting points but it got too lengthy and wordy for awhile for me to keep up and bother. I figured it would make a great rainy day thread when there wasn't much action happening on the forums. You know, like most days! Ha ha ha. *sigh* I don't if I'm coming or going anymore.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2016, 11:39:42 PM »
Sony is trying to wash away their bad judgement call on the Vita with big dollar PS4 NEO ads. Disgraceful!

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2016, 07:45:22 AM »
There's a rumor that the Trump's pack-in game is going to get leaked on Twitter soon...
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2016, 01:20:49 PM »
Hmm? Why is Pokepal's name grey?

Drat! He's back!

Er, I mean-- Wow! That was quick!

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2016, 10:31:04 PM »
Pokepal is a better poster than all of you. Never be-queef his name again.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2016, 03:46:47 AM »

Because of this thread? It's not even funny. You seem to think it is a great thread for some reason but I can't understand why you or anyone else would likes this. It's not incisive political satire, it's not a smart parody, nor does it display any kind of wit, nuance or irony. It's just boring. Taking something Donald Trump says and replacing a word or two with a videogame related word doesn't make the statement suddenly funnier. It doesn't make the existing real statement suddenly seem crazier than it was before. It doesn't make the newly invented statement sound like any other existing statements made by Nintendo or from others in the videogame industry. Yet, that's the punchline, I guess.

Here's one for you:

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former casual gamers and the sons of former hardcore gamers will be able to sit down together at the table of Nintendo.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Microsoft, a state sweltering with the heat of injust online policies, sweltering with the heat of oppressive Kinect integration, will be transformed into an oasis of free online and just an overall better designed console and UI.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where Nintendo will not be judged by the controls of their consoles but by the content of their games.

MLKJ, Trump, whatever. Does it really matter whose words one uses? What's the joke? Changing the statement or who's making the statement? Is that better or worse than what's come before in this thead? There's a reason I haven't done anything in this thread and that's because I just don't get it. I don't understand what the appeal is. Anyways, that's my hot, hot, hot take on this thread and most likely my only participation in it. If you do like it, that's fine. I don't want to be pissing all over your parade. I expect this to be the full extent of my involvement in the thread so don't fear more of this from me in it. I've just been trying to figure it out for sometime now and have been curious as to what the answer of this mystery might be.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2016, 01:56:16 PM »

tl;dr

To summarize: "These new-fangled forum trends don't make sense to me and therefore are terrible!  Blah, blah, blah. . .kids these days!"
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2016, 02:43:19 PM »
Y'know, mans, let's just let the kids fly and do their own things.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2016, 04:48:02 PM »
The trump will be so powerful it will make your head spin.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2016, 04:58:20 PM »

Because of this thread? It's not even funny. You seem to think it is a great thread for some reason but I can't understand why you or anyone else would likes this. It's not incisive political satire, it's not a smart parody, nor does it display any kind of wit, nuance or irony. It's just boring. Taking something Donald Trump says and replacing a word or two with a videogame related word doesn't make the statement suddenly funnier. It doesn't make the existing real statement suddenly seem crazier than it was before. It doesn't make the newly invented statement sound like any other existing statements made by Nintendo or from others in the videogame industry. Yet, that's the punchline, I guess.

Here's one for you:

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former casual gamers and the sons of former hardcore gamers will be able to sit down together at the table of Nintendo.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Microsoft, a state sweltering with the heat of injust online policies, sweltering with the heat of oppressive Kinect integration, will be transformed into an oasis of free online and just an overall better designed console and UI.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where Nintendo will not be judged by the controls of their consoles but by the content of their games.

MLKJ, Trump, whatever. Does it really matter whose words one uses? What's the joke? Changing the statement or who's making the statement? Is that better or worse than what's come before in this thead? There's a reason I haven't done anything in this thread and that's because I just don't get it. I don't understand what the appeal is. Anyways, that's my hot, hot, hot take on this thread and most likely my only participation in it. If you do like it, that's fine. I don't want to be pissing all over your parade. I expect this to be the full extent of my involvement in the thread so don't fear more of this from me in it. I've just been trying to figure it out for sometime now and have been curious as to what the answer of this mystery might be.

reading tha post. The joke is we can't openly talk about politics on the forum. Its a rule violation. However, talking about politics by covering up to make it look like we're talking about consoles is funny. But only in the context where you can't talk about politics. Trump is an example of someone who was really famous before he got(deep) into politics. You could say without being political that Trump is a great marketer and good at promoting himself. Nintendo has at times been either great promoters of themselves, or totally not.

Imagining Nintendo promote themselves like Trump does is somewhat hilarious. They have been the "please understand" people for 2 generations. The old guard NOA were pretty much like that though. Reggie has some of that personality. I think Nintendo for 2 generations believes its not competing with everyone when the public sees it that way and uses their money that way.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2016, 11:28:02 PM »
I don't think there is going to be much more comedy to be had going forwards as the messaging from Drumf is getting really dark and has loss all sense of irony and is self parodying. I am going to leave it to the professionals like Trevor Noah(He is so fucking killing it, its great), Colbert and John Oliver.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2016, 08:28:25 PM »
I like Trevor Noah too.  I've seen articles rating him negatively, but they're all written by people who clearly don't remember how long Stewart's run really was.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2016, 09:59:07 PM »

Here's one for you:

Yep.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2016, 12:05:48 AM »
I like Trevor Noah too.  I've seen articles rating him negatively, but they're all written by people who clearly don't remember how long Stewart's run really was.
I love Stewart, but the best way I could describe him when he left is that he was getting into "Old Spice" territory. He could have kept going for sure, but he left at the top and I respect him immensely for it. When he returns once in a while he plays the burnt out retired dude quite well.

I am not sure who picked Trevor, but it is genius. He is everything the "Right" fear and loath all in one package. He has no problem making fun of his background and foreignness making for a great backdrop and contrast as to how the World sees America. He is also an equal opportunist comedian so as long he doesn't punch down he will be alright.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2016, 06:32:06 AM »
I don't find him funny at all, it's mainly his delivery. They should have gone with Hasan Minhaj if there were set on using someone who was already on the show.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2016, 06:34:49 AM »
Or pokepal, so his posting talents could extend to basic cable.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2016, 07:37:00 AM »
Scott Moffitt looks at Nintendo NY and asks "How is the Trump not selling better? We got all these people here, buying the Trump!"
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2016, 12:13:07 AM »
I'm sorry but I find the female question plain stupid one. Not saying anything bad about Females. Its just that in business terms, men are just more suited for this more than women.
A Nintendo spokesperson echoed this sentiment and then added: "We have a great relationship with the females, the females love us. Did you see how many copies of Animal Crossing we sold last month? We're talking yuge numbers."

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2016, 03:37:19 PM »
Worthless Microsoft just dropped the price of the Xbox One to $249. Wii U is still $300. The Wii U is clearly the better, more successful system and we haven't even started with the Trump yet. Sad!

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2016, 05:13:24 PM »
The Trump console from Nintendo would probably be more hilarious if it wasn't so immensely dangerous to the future of the industry.