Author Topic: Animal Crossing: City Folk  (Read 496001 times)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Crossing: City Folk
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2008, 08:50:36 PM »
Was going to get AC+WiiSpeak anyway, so this just sweetens the deal...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2008, 08:55:30 PM »
Your sweetening yesterday's coffee Bill. ;)
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2008, 08:56:43 PM »
I much prefer AC: Let's Go to the City. Why the Aussie name change? This may be the one time where the name for us is actually better, granted the US name is terribly boring. I should be excited for this but I haven't seen anything yet that has aroused me in any way.
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2008, 10:10:28 PM »
Your sweetening yesterday's coffee Bill. ;)

Pffff, I'm not one of those coffee elitists...

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2008, 10:18:05 PM »
I think Daaman64 meant you brought all that news yesterday so his coffee was sweeter than usual.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2008, 10:23:22 PM »
I think Daaman64 meant you brought all that news yesterday so his coffee was sweeter than usual.

Nice try. I was actually referring to AC not being very different. In other words, yesterday's coffee.  Don't take it too seriously.

Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2008, 10:32:54 PM »
Oh Ok.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2008, 10:33:32 PM »
In other words, DAaaMan is one of those nerds you find at Starbuck's every day... :cool;

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2008, 10:35:38 PM »
In other words, DAaaMan is one of those nerds you find at Starbuck's every day... :cool;

Nah, I fucking hate poetry.

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2008, 11:33:10 PM »
So far, "catching a show at the theatre" is the only new activity in the entire game that I've heard about.

My GF is getting this for free for being a GS manager, but I wouldn't be buying it otherwise. I just don't have the patience to pay that damn raccoon 5,000,000 bells and then having nothing to look forward to but the collectathon of bugs, fish, furniture, etc.

AC is a decent game to play once or twice at most, but they're going to need to seriously add something else to do to convince me to come back for a 3rd time.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2008, 07:51:16 AM »
I think I'm slated for the NWR review of this, so I look forward to finding out if it's any different from the Cube version... but those bullet points Maxi posted don't really give me much faith.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2008, 11:11:09 AM »
Nice try. I was actually referring to AC not being very different. In other words, yesterday's coffee.  Don't take it too seriously.

I like this expression. Consider it stolen.

I watched the trailer and there was ONE neat element to it: the cafe is now larger and seats 4 players as they watch KK perform, which is something I think the game should've always had.

Still, the main gripe with AC for me will always be that the game is bursting with potential, so much so in the GC version that the animals even talk about how neat it would be if your town had a movie theatre or a swimming pool, yet there's obviously no way to add them to the town. There's so much more that the game could offer a player to do but just never makes that extra effort.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2008, 11:34:30 AM »
The new videos make it look almost exactly like AC:Wild World for the DS with a City expansion pack and improved multiplayer.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2008, 02:17:39 AM »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2008, 11:41:52 PM »
The new videos make it look almost exactly like AC:Wild World for the DS with a City expansion pack and improved multiplayer.

Unless there's something else to do in a group, then I'm not sure if the multiplayer really IS improved.

If they let us hunt for scorpions and tarantulas in a group instead of them all vanishing whenever other players are in your town, then that might change.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2008, 11:53:55 PM »
I wish they would give you a ball and let you move around things like goals and chairs. Play some football!
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline jakeOSX

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2008, 01:44:28 PM »
downloadable content? bueler?

there were certain things you could get on WW at stores, right? they'd show up in bottles or something...

seems that this is/should be a possibility.

with taking away the nintendo games, it seems this is almost a downgrade from the GCN version. seems that animal crossing should/could have been nintendo's answer to sony's 'home'.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2008, 02:49:15 PM »
That sort of defeats the purpose of the Virtual Console...Now if it were possible to play your VC games from AC that'd be rad, but I don't think that's technically feasible...

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2008, 03:02:06 PM »
That sort of defeats the purpose of the Virtual Console...Now if it were possible to play your VC games from AC that'd be rad, but I don't think that's technically feasible...

Would it be that hard to suspend the gameplay, have the system do a soft reset like it does when changing channels and boot up the game?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline jakeOSX

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2008, 03:13:43 PM »
oh i know why they aren't there, but it would seem they didn't do anything to replace them. admittedly they were just a small part of the game, but one of those 'ohh! toys' part.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2008, 04:11:46 PM »
If people came into your town and you could play VC games with them online, THAT would be something.

Here's an idea: why not have Nintendo "celebrities" visit your town on rare occasion, like Mario, Link, Fox McCloud, etc. might randomly show up for a visit one day and you could chat with them about their lives and they'd share interesting tid-bits about their own games, like Mario might comment about how pipes can take you crazy places and Captain Falcon would talk about how much he enjoys relaxing in (your town name here) because intense racing is very stressful.

You could even spend the day with them, maybe they'd even ask you to show them around town (since you're a townie) and you could take them fishing, take them to get a coffee, to meet the mayor, etc.

I know it's way too much to hope for, but I think it would be awesome if it was included.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 04:16:04 PM by Smash_Brother »

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2008, 04:16:25 PM »
Would it be that hard to suspend the gameplay, have the system do a soft reset like it does when changing channels and boot up the game?

They tried that, but Mr. Resetti got mad...

oh i know why they aren't there, but it would seem they didn't do anything to replace them. admittedly they were just a small part of the game, but one of those 'ohh! toys' part.

Well, you never know... =)

Offline jakeOSX

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2008, 04:20:16 PM »
Here's an idea: why not have Nintendo "celebrities" visit your town on rare occasion, like Mario, Link, Fox McCloud, etc. might randomly show up for a visit one day and you could chat with them about their lives and they'd share interesting tid-bits about their own games, like Mario might comment about how pipes can take you crazy places and Captain Falcon would talk about how much he enjoys relaxing in (your town name here) because intense racing is very stressful.

this.

seriously, that would be cool.

and Bill Aurion, true, we don't know if there are other goodies... maybe your pokemon can come visit... ;-)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 04:37:02 PM by EasyCure »
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2008, 04:26:27 PM »

Hahaha, that'd be awesome...Though logically, if they DID appear, I think they'd be more fitting as cameo appearances in the city...