Author Topic: Red Steel 2 Will Require Wii MotionPlus  (Read 9697 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Red Steel 2 Will Require Wii MotionPlus
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2009, 01:18:33 PM »
I think Red Steel 2 will be multiplatform

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2009, 02:11:31 PM »
I think Red Steel 2 will be multiplatform

Someone knows something we don't.. GET HIM!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2009, 02:29:07 PM »
I think bundling should depend on how many games have already been bundled with the WMP by the time RS2 comes out (obviously a bundle would be sold in addition too the standalone game), if it's reasonable to expect everyone to have a WMP by then a bundle might just clutter the shelves.

But they want everyone to have more than just one M+ per Wii console out there.
They want the market to be flooded with these things so that 3rd parties have no worries when it comes to supporting the peripheral.
M+ is Nintendo's ace up the sleeve because it doesn't take much for them to add on but it takes a market splitting peripheral for the competition to match.

Besides they gotta sell as many of those things as possible now so that they can double dip in your pocket later when they release the Wiimote+ with M+ already built in. Its sound business strategy.

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2009, 02:39:53 PM »
MotionPlus bundling will probably drop off after the holiday season.  It makes sense to bundle it with several games up through the end of the year.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2009, 03:46:28 PM »
This Lotion Puss thing is waaay better than the Expansion Pack.

Wii has a lot of customers, but there's still room for lots more.  This is the ticket to absorbing all those fringe self-proclaimed non-casuals.  Only then will Wii have succeeded in becoming everyone's 2nd Console.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 03:48:18 PM by NinGurl69 *huggles »
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2009, 04:43:29 PM »
I still think that a bundle will be required, since a company can't assume that each potential buyer will have the accessory. In Japan, the Monster Hunter G starter pack which includes a Classic Controller is the top selling SKU since the game requires a classic controller. Another fun Japan fact was when Smash Bros Brawl came out, there was a spike in demand for GameCube controllers.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2009, 04:47:20 PM »
Wii Sports is already the highest selling game of all time

No offense but isn't that a complete BULL**** stat since the game is a mandatory purchase for every Wii owner outside of Japan?  Super Mario Bros. gets a lot of praise for a similar "accomplishment".  If I can't choose not to get it then the sales figures ulitmately mean completely NOTHING.

To stay on topic though I'll note that it is good that someone is taking the plunge and trying to make full use of M+ and not just let it be a feature.  Of course this is Ubisoft and its Red Steel so I'm not expecting this to be anything worthwhile.  But if M+ is going to amount to anything it has to be considered as standard as the remote itself.  Hopefully Nintendo will be smart enough to start including it with the remote, but they probably won't.  And they'll probably get away with that too.  But it has to start coming with every Wii though.  THAT is a given.

I'm hoping, not expecting but hoping, that M+ reveals the true potential of the remote.  I hope Nintendo releases games that use it that makes everyone wonder how we ever made games without it.  Right now the remote is FAR from that.  But if this could be the true "new standard" that would be really cool.

In Japan, the Monster Hunter G starter pack which includes a Classic Controller is the top selling SKU since the game requires a classic controller.

That's really cool to know.  I don't care at all about Monster Hunter G but if it's the cash cow in Japan everyone says it is this is pretty good news.  I think the classic controller is grossly underused and we get a lot of crappy waggle because of that.  But this could set the trend of games that require the classic controller and then we get games using the control option that suits them BEST instead of shoehorning everything into the remote regardless of whether it makes sense to or not.  Widespread classic controller penetration could mean an end to waggle.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 04:51:09 PM by Ian Sane »

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2009, 05:01:45 PM »
I still think that a bundle will be required, since a company can't assume that each potential buyer will have the accessory.

You do realize that the MotionPlus will be sold by itself, right?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2009, 09:42:45 PM »
I still think that a bundle will be required, since a company can't assume that each potential buyer will have the accessory.

You do realize that the MotionPlus will be sold by itself, right?

Yes I do know. If a consumer wants a game that requires an accessory, that consumer will first check out if they can buy the game with that accessory  for a cheaper price. What would you prefer Red Steel 2 w/ Wii MotionPlus for $60 or Red Steel 2 for $50 and Wii MotionPlus for $20 -$25?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2009, 10:00:32 PM »
Windows Solitaire is the highest selling game of all time.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2009, 01:22:58 PM »
Yes I do know. If a consumer wants a game that requires an accessory, that consumer will first check out if they can buy the game with that accessory  for a cheaper price. What would you prefer Red Steel 2 w/ Wii MotionPlus for $60 or Red Steel 2 for $50 and Wii MotionPlus for $20 -$25?

Bundle, of course.  All I was saying is that a bundle isn't required, just preferred.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2009, 02:15:44 PM »

Bundle, of course.  All I was saying is that a bundle isn't required, just preferred.

I think that Nintendo might require a bundle to be available but I'm not 100% positive.

Offline Rize

• Disgruntled
  • Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2009, 01:26:37 PM »
 you know, I might actually buy red steel ii because of this.  as long as the reviews are 80% or higher I'll strongly consider it. bravo

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2009, 03:48:25 PM »
you know, I might actually buy red steel ii because of this.  as long as the reviews are 80% or higher I'll strongly consider it. bravo
Sorry, but the gaming 'media' has a agenda to uphold to. It's better to take what they say with a grain of salt.

I'm still bitter that Super Mario Galaxy didn't receive 10s from the media when it deserves it. I'm just an asshole that way. >/
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2009, 05:00:50 PM »
Super Mario Galaxy has a 97.28% average on GameRankings.  If you feel the gaming media has an agenda THAT is certainly not the game to point to.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2009, 05:43:28 PM »
Super Mario Galaxy has a 97.28% average on GameRankings.  If you feel the gaming media has an agenda THAT is certainly not the game to point to.

For once I agree with Ian, and that's coming from a guy who thinks Galaxy is the best game of the last decade.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2009, 06:37:35 PM »

For once I agree with Ian, and that's coming from a guy who thinks Galaxy is the best game of the last decade.

Still the major outlets freely gave GTAIV and MGSIV 10s. So I think the point is still valid.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2009, 08:22:49 PM »
Still the major outlets freely gave GTAIV and MGSIV 10s. So I think the point is still valid.

GTA IV earned every perfect score, it was easily the best game of 2008.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2009, 08:27:57 PM »

Not even going to touch that one.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Invincible Donkey Kong

• DK Crew. HUH!
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2009, 09:21:56 PM »

Not even going to touch that one.

I'm sure its nose-diving sales illustrated the world continues to be impressed by it. :reggie:
Buy Zap's perler bead art!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/NewDonkCityVending

Operation: Get Zap a Switch GoFundMe:
https://www.gofundme.com/get-zap-a-switch

Summer of Donk ~ 2017 Twitch meetups! ~ DKC2
https://www.twitch.tv/zapr2k

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2009, 04:50:17 AM »

But most people consider it inferior to previous GTAs.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2009, 05:28:53 AM »
Dippy controls keep GTAIV from being a 10. Also, brightness levels of the game were too low.

Offline Rize

• Disgruntled
  • Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2009, 01:42:21 PM »
Sorry, but the gaming 'media' has a agenda to uphold to. It's better to take what they say with a grain of salt.

So what is this agenda and how does it manifest in review scores?  Would you say the average Wii game has a score that's 5% lower than it ought to be? 10%?