Poll

What device do you use most to Netflix? (choose all that apply)

Game Console
22 (42.3%)
Smart Box (AppleTV, Roku, Blu-Ray player)
10 (19.2%)
Smart Phone/Tablet (& Chromecast)
8 (15.4%)
Smart TV
3 (5.8%)
Computer/HTPC
9 (17.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: All Things Netflix! Coming Soon: The Netflix Experience, Live and In Person!??  (Read 327057 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: All Things Netflix! Now With Original Programming!
« Reply #375 on: July 29, 2014, 02:03:22 AM »
Just finished Clone Wars season six. I may rewatch it in the order that the timeline for the series goes.

I haven't tried Knights yet. I'm waiting for new Lillyhammer, house of cards, and for the Marvel stuff to start.

I just finished Clone Wars as well. It was a nice final story arc but it is a pity it wasn't a full season. And S6 got a little too heavy with the hints of what was to come with Revenge of the Sith.

With how Disney is altering things to allow for more Jedi I do hope Rebels will carry on the tradition of delving into Star Wars lore. True, anything is game to be rewritten, but we all know of plenty of locations and characters that have the potential to be explored more in depth.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 29, 2014, 11:46:45 AM »
Just finished Clone Wars season six. I may rewatch it in the order that the timeline for the series goes.

I haven't tried Knights yet. I'm waiting for new Lillyhammer, house of cards, and for the Marvel stuff to start.

I just finished Clone Wars as well. It was a nice final story arc but it is a pity it wasn't a full season. And S6 got a little too heavy with the hints of what was to come with Revenge of the Sith.

With how Disney is altering things to allow for more Jedi I do hope Rebels will carry on the tradition of delving into Star Wars lore. True, anything is game to be rewritten, but we all know of plenty of locations and characters that have the potential to be explored more in depth.

I thought the scenes were supposed to indicate that the Jedi had become pretty complacent and their rigidness cost them everything and kept them from seeing the enemy hiding in plain sight. Even looking at the Jedi the one's who were the most effective were the ones who bent the rules of the council or had major disagreements with them. Sifo Dyas, Qui-gon, Obi-wan, anikan, the one who wanted to defect to the dark side and had the mutiple arms.

[/size]Even in Empire and Return Luke doesn't win until he tells Yoda to **** off with the you can't have attachment nonsense. [size=78%]

[/size]It looks Lucas arts are turning the unused season six stuff into books. There's a comic detailing the end of Mauls story arc, and a book releasing next year about Ventress.[size=78%]

I wonder how disney apparently is letting JJ start the new series off with out a new Jedi Order but are introducing new Jedi and having old ones still alive in the OT timeline.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 29, 2014, 12:51:25 PM »

There have always been "loopholes" to allow for more Jedi. In the Legacy EU I can probably count a dozen Jedi who survived the purge. Plus episode 3's emergency call Obi-wan and Yoda sent out left a lot of room for a near limitless number to have survived (within reason).
I do wish that Lucas had chosen to use Maul in the rest of the prequel episodes. I liked Dooku (Christopher Lee is an amazing actor), but I think it would have been a better parallel to have Obi-wan dealing with Maul instead of Grievous in Episode's two and three. Would make it more personal for Obi-wam. At least the Clone Wars series gave Maul a bit more time and consideration.

In terms of movies I do hope they use some of the novels as reference. With the expansion of Dathomir in Clone Wars I think Courtship of Princess Leia would be a wonderful story to explore. I liked how the Night Sisters were portrayed and this could create some fun moments in a film. Would be a good way to introduce younger actors to play the Big Three.
My Game Collection

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 30, 2014, 07:41:17 PM »

There have always been "loopholes" to allow for more Jedi. In the Legacy EU I can probably count a dozen Jedi who survived the purge. Plus episode 3's emergency call Obi-wan and Yoda sent out left a lot of room for a near limitless number to have survived (within reason).
I do wish that Lucas had chosen to use Maul in the rest of the prequel episodes. I liked Dooku (Christopher Lee is an amazing actor), but I think it would have been a better parallel to have Obi-wan dealing with Maul instead of Grievous in Episode's two and three. Would make it more personal for Obi-wam. At least the Clone Wars series gave Maul a bit more time and consideration.

In terms of movies I do hope they use some of the novels as reference. With the expansion of Dathomir in Clone Wars I think Courtship of Princess Leia would be a wonderful story to explore. I liked how the Night Sisters were portrayed and this could create some fun moments in a film. Would be a good way to introduce younger actors to play the Big Three.

I agree that were going to get more Jedi than just luke, i mean rebels is sort of indicative of that.  Honestly I don't think I want younger actors playing the big three, if your going to tell stories about them when they're younger do it in the books, comics, and games.

I'm hoping for Seven Samurai in the Star Wars universe, and probably a movie about bobba fett.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 31, 2014, 08:02:47 PM »
I think they already confirmed a Fett film in 2017/18. I wonder if this will involve him as a child much or if this will show him when he takes on his adult role w/ the Mandolorian armor.

I am curious if they will continue to have him carry on to be the eventual leader of Madalore like he did the the Legacy EU. I was bugged with how indecisive they were with him throughout the Legacy material. I liked in the Vong Wars how when he ran into Han Solo he made a point of stating the old hunt was "nothing personal" (believe elsewhere it was also reiterated) and fit the persona that had developed for him. But then in the Legacy of the Jedi series when he becomes leader of the Madalorians the Fett-Solo conflict becomes some "personal grudge". Though, that may have been due to Jason Solo killing Boba's daughter. My memory of how and when the events fell is a bit fuzzy.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 08:05:06 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 01, 2014, 03:49:29 PM »
I wonder what they're going to do for the fett movie since we know a lot about him from the clone wars.

I just want a Asohka and Ventress movie.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 02, 2014, 10:32:18 AM »
The creator of Ahsoka did make a comment that he had a story arc that answered a lot of the questions about where she ended up and what her ultimate fate was. I get the feeling she could turn up in Rebels in some fashion.
My Game Collection

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 02, 2014, 04:19:34 PM »
It's not original programming, but The Mighty Ducks 1 and 2 are now on Netflix streaming.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

« Reply #383 on: August 06, 2014, 10:21:54 AM »
so no matter what thread I go into now we are talking about Star Wars? What is this place going to be like when the new movie hits?

Also is this thread meant to be recommendations for what is on Netflix or just sharing the interesting stuff you find? I am all for getting recommendations because Max is gone again as I finally rated too many movies. I am starting to miss Max.

Does anyone else have different profiles for different genres/moods? I have five profiles, my main profile that I have had for years before profiles, I keep this as my primary watching profile but I am very picky now what I watch under it. I have a second one exclusively for Anime, Super Hero and Comic book, and kids stuff so that I don't get odd ball recommendations based on something I watch infrequently. My third profile is Sci-Fi exclusive but that one is a bitch to keep organized because a lot of what Netflix calls Sci-Fi/Fantasy really pisses me off and its hard to get accurate recommendations, my fourth is random **** just whatever odd, quirky, or anything that doesn't fit into one of the other categories but is too weird for my main profile, and the last is reserved for Horror movies, the gorier the better that one Netflix can read my mind.

Anyways anyone else do this or do you all share with family members? My parents just have three, one for each and the shared family one.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 10:31:06 AM by marvel_moviefan_2012 »
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 06, 2014, 02:09:03 PM »
you can post anything Netflix related in this thread.

If you are looking for recomendation based on what streaming on Netflix, this would be a good place to ask.
If you want to share some interesting news regarding Netflix, this would be the place to do that as well.

and I have 3 profiles, for 3 individual people.
My profile, the account original, is all FUCKED UP, since I had it long before profiles, and because certain devices don't do profiles (looking at you Wii U, which is sad, because the Wii does profiles...).

But I like the idea of different profiles for different genres. I thought about making myself a new profile, but that is so much effort in rating titles all over again. I just deal with it now.

« Reply #385 on: August 07, 2014, 05:07:55 PM »
you can post anything Netflix related in this thread.

If you are looking for recomendation based on what streaming on Netflix, this would be a good place to ask.
If you want to share some interesting news regarding Netflix, this would be the place to do that as well.

and I have 3 profiles, for 3 individual people.
My profile, the account original, is all FUCKED UP, since I had it long before profiles, and because certain devices don't do profiles (looking at you Wii U, which is sad, because the Wii does profiles...).

But I like the idea of different profiles for different genres. I thought about making myself a new profile, but that is so much effort in rating titles all over again. I just deal with it now.

I can see that on Wii U,  but it is so different on PS3 Max makes it fun. I love Max I hate it when he goes away. I have no life so there is that too... I work one day a week the rest of my time is spent trolling making friends here.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 07, 2014, 05:47:26 PM »
What is Max? Is this a Netflix-enhancing program or a personal relation?

I hate that Wii U and 3DS do not have profiles. My wife always upsets my preferences when she uses them. I kept the Wii hooked up and that is now the dedicated Netflix Box so that I can play games on the Wii U when we watch and also maintain our profiles. I can deal with random recommendations, but the shared queue is what is really killing me. She adds to mine (and sometimes deletes) and there are shows on there I set aside for us to watch together that she then commits "Netflix Adultery" with and watches entire seasons before I figure it out.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 07, 2014, 05:49:15 PM »
You should banish her to the realm of HULU and it's commercials.

No Netflix for YOU!!!!

« Reply #388 on: August 07, 2014, 06:16:19 PM »
What is Max? Is this a Netflix-enhancing program or a personal relation?

I hate that Wii U and 3DS do not have profiles. My wife always upsets my preferences when she uses them. I kept the Wii hooked up and that is now the dedicated Netflix Box so that I can play games on the Wii U when we watch and also maintain our profiles. I can deal with random recommendations, but the shared queue is what is really killing me. She adds to mine (and sometimes deletes) and there are shows on there I set aside for us to watch together that she then commits "Netflix Adultery" with and watches entire seasons before I figure it out.

You can Google Max PS3 for more info, it is basically an interactive game show exclusive to PS3 that offers personalized recommendations based on ratings and viewing habits. It is built into the Netflix app it is a row on its own like My List or Popular on Netflix, one more thing Sony did right that Nintendo would never implement in a million years. The voice is the guy who did You Don't Know Jack and the team who made that game made Max. It is fun but it is also really goofy.I will see if I can find a video on Youtube and link to it. It was commissioned by Sony so it will remain PS-exclusive probably forever.

Here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ITOpaVWI0U

none of the videos do it justice, it interacts with you the more you use it but that is basically what it is.

Here is a better demo video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpmR9Cy6P9U
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 06:25:21 PM by marvel_moviefan_2012 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 07, 2014, 10:00:15 PM »
Cosmos: A Space Time Odyssey (2014)

is up on Netflix. That is the Neil DeGrasse Tyson version. They one that just aired on Fox.

http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/80004448?trkid=13752289

All 13 episodes.
I wonder if they are making a season 2/2nd series?

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #390 on: August 07, 2014, 10:10:18 PM »
Can you get the Kansas edition?

Actually, this is really cool. Definitely going to try and cram it this weekend.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 15, 2014, 09:51:41 PM »
Did you guys know that Netflix does NOT have Aladdin on DVD?

WTF, how is that even possible?
and it's not even up for streaming... how am I supposed to watch it now?

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 15, 2014, 10:53:49 PM »
Only expect Marvel, Pixar, and b list Disney movies on Netflix soon. Anything that can be exploited in the vault or has any real value won't go.

So expect rebels next year but not the OG six star wars movies.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 16, 2014, 01:15:54 AM »
http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/172925-tis-the-season-disney-revokes-access-to-purchased-christmas-movies-to-force-you-back-to-cable-this-christmas

Blame Disney and their "vault".

Are you trying to say that part of Disney's deal with Netflix is to yank DVD rental copies from availability when Disney feels the need for greed?

It was available in my queue like a week or 2 ago when I put it on there... now it's in the saved "future release" section. That's some BS.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 16, 2014, 09:09:42 AM »
This is why you download movies for free instead.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

« Reply #396 on: August 17, 2014, 11:46:57 PM »
So I take it nobody else uses their PS3 for Netflix or nobody else cares about or uses Max? I was just curious because I should have known being a Nintendo fan site most people would be using some Nintendo console.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 18, 2014, 12:07:57 AM »
Before I got a Smart TV, I mainly used my PS3 for Netflix unless the Wii U was what I used last then I'd normally be too lazy to switch. Also, my old TV was a pain in the ass when it came to switching HDMI devices; it was slow and the device had to powered on in order to switch. Additionally, I preferred using Netflix on PS3 because using it on Wii U needlessly killed the GamePad battery (even if I turned the screen off) and when watching TV shows, the Wii U app didn't automatically go to the next episode. I haven't used Netflix on Wii U in a while so they might have updated it.

The Netflix app on my new LG Smart TV works almost identically to the PS3 app so there's no need to turn on a separate device. I was vehemently against Smart TVs in the past, but I did a lot of research and honestly, it works really well. It's quick and LG did an amazing job of converting webOS from smartphones to television.

This post was brought to you by our partners at LG. "Life's good."

(I never used Max. My friend showed it too me once. It didn't seem worth the trouble. I just scroll until I find something that looks interesting.)

« Reply #398 on: August 18, 2014, 12:13:30 AM »
I do that too but I don't have the attention span Max is made for people like me I guess. I love using the PS3 just because out of all my devices it is the fastest and most organized. Our Toshiba Blu Ray player is a damn snail it takes almost two whole minutes from power on to get into Netflix and that is just to launch the app it takes the app itself almost a full minute to load. My Logitech Revue was a piece of garbage that I keep around only because nobody fucking wants to buy a used one. Same with my stupid ass Roku which I hated from day one.

Actually to be perfectly honest what usually happens is I try to browse for a movie but I spend all day rating movies and organizing my list so that I think is why I like Max so much I just click play and he does the thinking for me where as when I do it I end up wasting all my time fiddling with crap and end up re-watching the same episodes of that 70;s show over and over in the mean time.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 18, 2014, 04:40:32 AM »
I got a Roku 2 XS & a Roku 3
The Roku 3 is pretty fucking sweet and the XS isn't bad either, but it was a refurb, so occasionally has minor issues. Netflix runs quickly and smoothly on both, so what's the issue with yours?