Author Topic: Air Combat?  (Read 1576 times)

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Air Combat?
« on: March 09, 2003, 03:12:17 PM »
Are there any plans for a air combat/flight sim game for GCN.  I know about Top Gun, but upon reading several poor reviews of the game, I decided against it.  Are their any plans for Namco to bring the Ace Combat series to GCN?  Any others worth mentioning or any help would be appreciated.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline Darc Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Air Combat?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2003, 05:32:09 PM »
Honestly I don't know. I know the Namco team doing Star Fox Armada is the same team that does Ace Combat. So maybe after they are finished with Star Fox Armada they'll start on an Ace Combat game. I've heard rumors of a Pilotwings for GC but I dont think thats what you had in mind. Until I read you this topic I  never thought about it. The GC needs some good flight games. Sims, arcade, action or something. Outside of Star Fox can't think of any good air/space combat games hitting the Cube. Anyway hear anything that I haven't?

Darc Requiem
"Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding."

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Air Combat?
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2003, 03:20:59 PM »
I forgot about StarFox Armada when I wrote that.  Hopefully that will hold me over.  But I was looking for more a realistic approach, something with military planes (F-8, F-16, etc).  I keep thinking SF Armada will remind me more of Rogue Leader than of Ace Combat (no, I'm not saying they are the same thing).
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St