Author Topic: Zelda Pre-Order Discs  (Read 4730 times)

Offline Joshtheleo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Zelda Pre-Order Discs
« on: February 08, 2003, 02:24:09 PM »
Ok so we all know that these discs will be realised very soon, and we all know that the eb.com site is already shiping them.  But what i dont know is this, do we have to have the game completely paid for in advance.  

My local babbages lets you pre-order games for only 5 bucks, so i have 20 down already on Zelda, so i asked the guy today when we can pick them up. He said they already had the discs in but they can not give them out untill next week.  He also said that he wasnt sure what order they were given out in, he told me if they had enough everyone would get one.  But what he wasnt sure of was if you had to have the game completely paid for.

I say that sucks! i didnt put 20 bucks down on zelda so that someone that goes in the day of the pre-order deal could pay more than me and get a dics when i dont!

Has anyone else heard anything else like this?

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
Zelda Pre-Order Discs
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2003, 02:28:07 PM »
I was told that if you pay 5 or less you dont get it, if its 15 or more you do get it.... so dont worry.

Offline Sean

• View Profile
Zelda Pre-Order Discs
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2003, 02:34:43 PM »
I think you have to go by who you got it from--some places, I think like Babbages, charge $25 dollars for the preorder IF you want the Master Quest disc.  It's all been very confusing from the start, and this definitely could have been better handled, but since this is a relatively new phenomenon, I guess we'll have to bear it kinks and all.  I'm anxious to get this thing!
"I think that if the devil does not exist,
and man has therefore created him,
he has created him in his own image and likeness."
from Fyodor Dostoevsky's THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV

Offline Mike C

• View Profile
Zelda Pre-Order Discs
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2003, 09:06:12 PM »
This disc is certainly an awesome initiative from Nintendo... Does anyone know if it has been confirmed for release in Australia and New Zealand?
Always There.

Offline NarmaK

• View Profile
Zelda Pre-Order Discs
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2003, 10:08:19 PM »
Don't whine if you dont get the disc.  I hope I get it  (I preordered from gamestop and they said I was like number 100 on the list), but if i dont then who cares ill still have the best game of 2003.  Seriously guys when WW comes out youll all forget about the preorder disc, and even if you do get the master quest disc its probably gonna sit on your shelf for 10 years.

10 Years From Now: hmm i remember this, this is that crappy game that came with my favorite game of all time.  Oh my god my favorite game of all time, i better go play wind waker.  

Offline AtomPowerd

• View Profile
Zelda Pre-Order Discs
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2003, 09:45:48 AM »
Whoah there fellah! It's nice that you're all excited about Wind Waker and all, but don't go saying things you don't mean about Ocarina.  "Crappy," game indeed...

I'm number 180, but I'd better get mine.  Babbages wouldn't lie...  WAIT! Babbages lies constantly!  Damn you Charles Babbage!  Damn you to Hell!

Offline NarmaK

• View Profile
Zelda Pre-Order Discs
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2003, 07:45:02 PM »
Sorry bout bad mouthin OoT.  OoT is so far my favorite zelda game but the bonus disc is only cool because you dont have it yet.  

its all a scam dont you get it man, this disc is like crack.  every zelda game has some sort of limited edition thing to keep you hooked.  

im hooked man and i like it and umm *snort* I bow down before the great god Link

shazzbot!

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Zelda Pre-Order Discs
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2003, 08:33:06 AM »
"its all a scam dont you get it man, this disc is like crack. every zelda game has some sort of limited edition thing to keep you hooked."

Well I think it's safe to say that everyone who is pre-ordering Wind Waker for the bonus disc were planning on buying WW at some point anyway so it's not really a scam.  If the bonus disc didn't exist I wouldn't have pre-ordered but I still would have bought WW on release day.  Plus if the bonus disc was only Ocarina I likely wouldn't have cared so much.  It's the inclusion of the Master Quest that got me interested.  Odds are I'll never play the regular quest again.

A scam would be if they did this with a game you wouldn't normally buy.  Like when Konami included the MGS2 demo with Zone of the Elders.

Besides if the bonus disc is only available through pre-ordering it will likely become very rare in ten years and be worth a fair chunk of change.  That in itself is worth ensuring you don't get screwed out of it by a retailer.

Offline enigma487

• Scalar, The Destructor!
    • View Profile
Zelda Pre-Order Discs
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2003, 10:29:54 AM »
well...   I was at Best Buy yesterday, and picked up a Master Quest disk for $15.  they are selling them for $15 now, and when you buy WW you can take in the receipt, and get $15 off.  so,  maybe if you unlucky souls out there head to Best Buy...  they might have some left.  The Best Buy in Eau Claire, WI, put them on the shelves about 2:30 pm yesterday.  

Offline ResidentEvilGC

• View Profile
Zelda Pre-Order Discs
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2003, 10:50:14 AM »
When I pre-orderd Zelda: WW the guy at gamestop said that if you put $5 then you will get the bonus disks when WW came out but if you put $15 or more then you will get it somewhere near the 17th of Feb...either way you should get it regardless...

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Zelda Pre-Order Discs
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2003, 12:07:35 PM »
There are way too many threads on this subject.  Use the main one in Talkback if you're unsure where to continue the conversation.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers