Author Topic: Japan eShop Round-Up (03/19/2013)  (Read 882 times)

Offline the_dan_x

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Next Door Gamer
Japan eShop Round-Up (03/19/2013)
« on: March 19, 2013, 05:56:33 PM »

Who can say no to 30-yen Mother 2 and insect tanks?

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/33590

Spring is in the air and the eShop is in full bloom this week with a number of downloadables sprouting up. The update has arrived a day early in Japan, with the offices at NCL being closed tomorrow due to the national holiday, Shunbun no Hi (Vernal Equinox Day). While Mother 2 is definitely one of my most anticipated titles this week, thereā€™s still quite a bit of compelling software available. Hereā€™s a complete listing of all the cool stuff out this week digitally in Japan:

3DS

Downloadable Titles
Maru-go! 3D Nanami to Isshoni Manabo! English JŨtatsu no Kotsu Riron-hen - 2,800 yen
Maru-go! 3D Nanami to Isshoni Manabo! TOEIC Test Taisaku-hen ā€“ 2,800 yen
Mushikera Sensha (Insect Tank from Keiji Inafune for Guild02) ā€“ 800 yen
Lola no SansÅ« Densha (Lolaā€™s Math Train) - 400 yen
Luigiā€™s Mansion 2 (retail title, 3/20) - 4,800 yen
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Sandame no MakyŨ (retail title) - 4,980 yen
Sengoku MusŨ Chronicles (Samurai Warrios: Chronicels, retail title) - 2,800 yen

Virtual Console
Sugoro-Quest Dice no Senshi-tachi (Suguro Quest: Warriors of Dice, Famicom) ā€“ 500 yen
Dragon Buster (Famicom) - 500 yen

Wii U

Downloadable Titles
Need for Speed Most Wanted U (retail title) - 6,615 yen

Virtual Console
Mother 2 : Giga no Gyakushu (Earthbound, Super Famicom) ā€“ 30 yen (from 3/20 to 4/18, then to 900 yen)

Video Content

There are a few new interesting videos on the eShop today. The video for Keiji Inafuneā€™s addition to the Guild02 compilation, Mushikera Sensha (Insect Tank), was definitely fun to watch. As many of you know, the game has players controlling miniature tanks and fighting against a variety of insects, including ants, moths, spiders, and more. The video highlighted the gameā€™s interesting presentation, which featured cut scenes with German voice acting while scanning over a World War II-ish German newspaper. The gameā€™s multi-card local play feature was shown off, with multiple tanks taking on huge bugs in a setting that resembled someoneā€™s backyard. The video also shows that it is possible to purchase tanks and upgrades to help you in your quest for victory over the your wriggly foes. While I haven't played the game yet, it looks to make tank combat a lot more fun than Kokuga, a tank fighter from the creators of Ikaruga.

Other than that, there was a new preview video for Dragon Quest X on Wii U, a short video informing owners of the Wii version of Dagon Quest X how they can get half off of the Wii U version, short gameplay videos for Lola no SansÅ« Densha and Crazy Chicken Pirates 3D (released last month), and new commercials for Game & Wario and Pretty Rhythm - My Deco-Rainbow Wedding. 

Danny Bivens
Japan Correspondent
Nintendo World Report

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Re: Japan eShop Round-Up (03/19/2013)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 08:42:23 PM »

Must... control... fist... of... death...
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
Re: Japan eShop Round-Up (03/19/2013)
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 09:24:12 AM »
Who can say "no" to 30 yen Mother 2?

Nintendo of America can.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.