Author Topic: Best of the Wii: Zack & Wiki: The Quest for Barbaros' Treasure  (Read 1114 times)

Offline King Bowser Koopa

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
Best of the Wii: Zack & Wiki: The Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
« on: October 01, 2012, 12:14:28 PM »

We saved some love for an overlooked classic.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/connectivity/31940

If you, like many others, missed Zack & Wiki when the Capcom puzzle-adventure game came out in 2007, now is a good time catch up!

Hear Mike and Andrew reminisce about the charm, music, and fun of one of the Wii's best!

Andrew Brown - NWR Australia Correspondent

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Best of the Wii: Zack & Wiki: The Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 03:44:24 PM »
So glad this made the list. Probably the Wii's most underrated title.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: Best of the Wii: Zack & Wiki: The Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 04:16:39 PM »
A real shame this game didn't get a better reception, but for every person who loved and lauded Zack & Wiki there seemed to be someone else with the opposite opinion.

I think the trial-and-error of some levels turned a lot of people off, as did the extremely cute presentation. (Neither was a detractor for me though.)  And while embracing motion controls was really cool, it also created a lot of gimmicks - some of the best on the system in my opinion - which seemed to turn off anyone who wasn't interested in non-traditional controls. It's hard to blame them after having to figure out how to manage the sword item in one late level; the level of accuracy needed just wasn't there.

My favorite stages were in the haunted house world, where a few clever puzzles stumped me at first until getting a better grasp on the rules for that level, and then left me laughing and thinking about how enjoyable the game was.
NNID: ejamer