Author Topic: Best of the Wii: Muramasa: The Demon Blade  (Read 1768 times)

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
Best of the Wii: Muramasa: The Demon Blade
« on: September 10, 2012, 05:08:25 PM »

So many blades, so little time.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/connectivity/31614

As we continue to count down the best third party games on Wii, we stop for a moment to wax poetic on Muramasa: The Demon Blade. Join Zach, Carmine, and Andrew as they talk about this Japanese folklore-influenced action title.

This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: Best of the Wii: Muramasa: The Demon Blade
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 06:03:01 PM »
i absolutely love this game, and i agree a vanillaware brawler on the 3ds would be amazing.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 08:28:29 PM »
It's truly a testament to how bad the Wii 3rd party lineup was if this piece of (very pretty) trash is the eighth-best Wii 3rd party game in your eyes.  I tried to love Muramasa, just as I tried (and similarly failed) to love Vanillaware's previous Odin Sphere. But after 8 or so hours I had just had enough of the boring pacing, the copy & pasted level design, and the lackluster combat.  It's a gorgeous game, to be sure.  But if there was ever a game that showed that visuals aren't enough to carry a game, it's Muramasa.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline VickiL

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 09:11:05 AM »
Wow...  I, personally, enjoyed Muramasa.  I was always excited to see what food I could buy or make, what swords I could forge, the beauty of the next area.  I also enjoyed the story quite a lot.