Author Topic: sonic hero  (Read 3566 times)

Offline jackson

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
sonic hero
« on: April 05, 2003, 12:56:19 AM »
will their be some screenshots of this recently announced sonic game at this years e3 show?

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
sonic hero
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2003, 01:24:47 AM »
going by ign, sega are making a new sonic for ps2
and were getting sonic adv dx, and we will proberly get a port after the ps2 version is released

Offline WesDawg

• View Profile
sonic hero
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2003, 01:17:29 PM »
I don't think thats true. I've never heard nothing about a PS2 Sonic game at least. Last news I saw on Sega's lineup was on MagicBox:

http://www.the-magicbox.com/game032403.htm
RUMOR: Sega is planning to release the following new game titles for various console systems this year.

* Altered Beast (PS2) - October
   * Giant Egg (GC) - November
   * Headhunter 2 (PS2, Xbox) - October-November
   * Sonic Hero (GC) - November
   * Sega Rally 3 (PS2) - Q1 2004
   * Mister Golf (PS2) - Q1 2004
   * Management Soccer (PS2) - Q1 2004

I doubt we'll see much Sonic Hero at E3 (Isn't Sonic DX Due out around July in Japan?), but I'm really curious. I'm dying for a Brand-New Sonic game. A November release is pretty soon actually.... hmmm maybe it'll show up.

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
sonic hero
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2003, 03:30:33 PM »
IGN listed the next new Sonic under the upcoming Gamecube games as a "Gamecube Exclusive"... take that as you may...

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
sonic hero
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2003, 05:54:07 PM »
Sonic hero is probably one of the many spin off titles Sonic Team talked about  a while ago to get Sonic as popular as Pokemon use to be here(which is still super popular in Japan(which will never ever happen for Sonic)) I'm sure we will see something on it at E3. The NEW Sonic title is supposed to be shown at E3 and im sure Sonic Hero isn't it.

The Sonic Team game for PS2 isn't Sonic at all.

As for SAX im gonna buy it only becuase I never completed it for DC and pluss all the GG games are in it. But its only about 2 months from US release and it looks craptacular. Maybe they are just real early screens. The new models dont mix well with the old  non-standard graphics.  
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Kulock

• View Profile
sonic hero
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2003, 11:55:29 AM »
Yeah, there's a curious lack of AAing, which lead to some strange white artifacts around parts of the characters in earlier shots. But some of the more recently-released shots look a little better.

As far as I know, SADX will also be including 50+ extra missions (in the existing levels, but they could still do a lot with them) and an EGM article claimed there will be a different ending (beating the extra 50+ missions won't be required to see it).

The flood of titles does worry me a little, it's been kind of a trickle for the past few years with the exception of the Advance titles recently (which were outsourced to Dimps, at least the first one was) and the Adventure series, but suddenly we're seeing SADX, Pinball Party, Sonic Trick, Sonic Hero, Giant Egg, AND the supposed Sonic Next game that's actually supposed to be the next big followup (so what are Sonic Hero and Giant Egg? Both are claimed to be GCN-exclusive, and Sonic Next is supposed to be multiplatform). That's a lot of work in very little time. They've obviously already been at it for quite a while, and Sonic Team is big, but still, it makes you worry...

But do the names "Sonic Hero" and "Giant Egg" make you think of the Hero and Dark sides to SA2(B)? Do you think they've expanded the idea out into making two seperate games?

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
sonic hero
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2003, 01:40:21 PM »
Anyone else realize that out of those rumored games from Sega, none are Xbox exclusive?

I hope it is true... about time Sega finally listened to sales figures.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
sonic hero
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2003, 04:56:48 PM »
I hope its true to.

Did anyone else notice that the first few screens of SADX that were released had Tails Knuckles and Amy in Emerald Coast? If that was actual gameplay (and it must have been since the story isnt changed) then thoughs characters might be able to run through Sonic's stages just like Sonic.

I really hope thats true because I have been wanting to use knuckles in a high speed stage like Sonic in 3D for a long time.  
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
sonic hero
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2003, 03:49:31 PM »
Yep, one of the new features in DX is the ability to use any character in any stage. This should be interesting, I guess you'll only be able to do it once you've completed the game with each character, and it wont count as part of the story. As I don't see Sega recording loads of new dialouge for each character....

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
sonic hero
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2003, 08:15:27 PM »
What if Sonic Hero is released on the same day as Mario 128? Mario vs Sonic..... FIGHT! Of course we all know who would win.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
sonic hero
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2003, 01:49:16 AM »
Well.... Sonic could super spin into Mario, causing major loss of blood, and badly shredded skin. Then again, Mario could just sit down on Sonic, and let his large butt cheeks crush Sonic's skull into the cold, hard ground. Eventually, he'd burst. And maybe one of his spikes would fly up and get Mario right up the butt.

Oh dear. How voilent!

So in conclusion, there's no way toast can be made with a stick of gum.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
sonic hero
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2003, 04:25:28 AM »
Man, Infernal, you and Mario have the funniest most twisted sense of humour! Haha
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
sonic hero
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2003, 04:49:15 AM »
Yuji Naka is making a PS2 game but its not Sonic.... supposidly i heard its an Astro boy game