Author Topic: Sega Plans Skies of Arcadia 2  (Read 5289 times)

Offline StrikerObi

• BanEditLockDelete Podcast Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Pixel du Jour
Sega Plans Skies of Arcadia 2
« on: March 15, 2003, 08:48:17 AM »
It looks like Vyse and pals are going to be taking another fantastic voyage.

An interview was recently conducted with various Sega developers by Kikizo games. One of the people interviewed was Noriyoshi Oba of Sega's OverWorks development studio, which is responsible for Skies of Arcadia Legends. A quote from the interview states that the studio is currently working on a sequel to the critically-acclaimed GameCube RPG.

You seem like a very happy guy, why such a violent game like Shinobi? And is there going to be a Skies of Arcadia sequel?  

Noriyoshi Oba
: I don't think it's such a violent game! [laughs] The Skies of Arcadia sequel is in the planning stages at the moment.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2003, 09:03:25 AM »
Well, that's certainly some good news.  I can't wait to play it.  But first I would appreciate it if Sega would take the time to release Skies of Arcadia Legends in my area.  *sigh*.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2003, 09:12:21 AM »
As long as its on the GCN ill be happy. They could add Online play as well

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2003, 09:20:37 AM »
Right...  I forgot to mention that.  It MUST be on GCN, or I am seriously going to make Sega suffer...  hehehe...

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2003, 11:03:02 AM »
I'm just glad they're maknig another SoA- I don't really care whether it's on the PS2 or Gamecube since I have both.

Does anyone know how SoA sold for the Cube? Well, I hope.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Celsius

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2003, 11:27:07 AM »
I hear JApaense sales wern't so grand.  US sales, I don't know, but the game is still kinda hard to find.  I think Sega either shipped limited copies or it sold awfully well.
"What! Sarah, look not upon me with doubting eyes." - Motoko Aoyoma (Love Hina: Mystery Guests at Hinata Hotel)

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2003, 12:31:47 PM »
US sales were lacking because of the crappy shipping methods Sega used, coupled with high demand.  It's impossible to find around here, and I have been complaining about it both here, Sega's email, and to every retailer in town for the last month.  (Just be glad you don't work at my Toys R Us.)

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2003, 11:41:21 PM »
damn, the first game hasn't been released in australia yet and a sequel has been confirmed.  and i can't wait to play the first game!  time to put my eye patch on!

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2003, 09:49:25 AM »
Alright, awesome news! Well that is assuming that it is released on the GCN. I loved the first, and look forward to a all new one.

But I will try not to get my hopes up, just incase it doesn't hit the Cube.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Sean

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2003, 04:46:41 PM »
Grey, why don't you order the game online?  The newfangled internet is a scary place, I know, but it's fairly trustworthy if you find the right site.  ;-)  This game, on basis of the Dreamcast version, is so utterly worth getting, it's not even funny.

As a sidebar: one of the perks of living in/near Knoxville, Tennessee, is that there apparently aren't that many gamers here.  I can go to Best Buy or EB or Babbages and snag one of MANY copies of Skies of Arcadia, just as I snagged one of  the many copies of Sega Saturn's "Panzer Dragoon Saga" at our Toys R Us back in the day.

However, there's a darkside to this story, one I tell often because I don't want anyone to make the same mistake.

Our EB, for probably 6 months at least, had a copy of "Radiant Silvergun," that famed and even legendary Treasure shooter that even certain deities can't get copies of (too expensive), and for all those months, every week, I looked at it with longing and never bought it--supposedly because the $70 price tag was too much for me to handle at the time.  Supposedly because I thought it was better to buy 7 discounted Saturn games that I'd barely play because more was better, right?  Right????  WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've wept every night since it was sold.  EVERY NIGHT.

Don't make this mistake about any game.  STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I think that if the devil does not exist,
and man has therefore created him,
he has created him in his own image and likeness."
from Fyodor Dostoevsky's THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV

Offline SPhil64

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2003, 08:41:58 AM »
YES!!!!!!!!!!  This is the greatest news that I've ever heard!  As long as the Swashbuckler rating and bounties return I'll be even happier!  Hopefully they'll add the option of going good or bad.  How fun would it be to become a Black Pirate?  Hehehe.  I can't wait for this one.  
Maybe throughout the course of the game you somehow acquire one of the Goldeneye satellites. And maybe you somehow control it with your golden eye. -me

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2003, 07:19:52 PM »

Originally posted by: Sean
Grey, why don't you order the game online?  The newfangled internet is a scary place, I know, but it's fairly trustworthy if you find the right site.  ;-)  This game, on basis of the Dreamcast version, is so utterly worth getting, it's not even funny.

I have experience with a story such as yours, and I will try to keep it from happening to me again.  Thanks for the warning.

However, I cannot buy it online at this time for three reasons.
1)  I am out of money.  PGC's contest is going to be costing me a fair chunk of change
2)  I am out of money.  I have to buy Zelda later on tthis month...  I only have a $20 deposit on it.
3)  I am out of money.  I can't afford to eat for the rest of the month already.  I am going to be rolling pennies for Ramen.

Just so you know, the computer I am speaking to you on right now was bought piecemail largely online from many sources.  I have a fair amount of trust in the internet.  (Being a CS major, it comes with the territory.)

Offline gesumari

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
Re: Sega Plans Skies of Arcadia 2
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 05:49:41 PM »
Still no SOA2... DAMN IT!!!  :@

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 05:54:53 PM »
Can we get a ban for this bump? Seriously...that hurt me physically.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2011, 08:49:31 PM »
HOLY BUMP BAMTAN

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 10:09:23 PM »

I hate you to death
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2011, 10:15:53 PM »

I hate you to death

Well, at least something good came from this.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2011, 01:04:44 AM »
Bumping something like this around E3 time is just evil...

....also amazed to see I already posted in this topic some 8 years ago.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk