Author Topic: Um, Insanolord...  (Read 3351 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Um, Insanolord...
« on: April 28, 2013, 01:04:33 AM »
Pokepal made a point about the karma system and how it doesn't fix bad posting habits because you don't know why someone smited you, so I thought I'd point out that I smite TJ Spyke every time he starts a post with "Um" because it comes off as really obnoxious.

Viola!  A month of Ums, brought to you by TJ.

Um, where did you read this? Because the official E3 website says they are confirmed to be an exhibitor: http://e313.mapyourshow.com/5_0/exhibitor_details.cfm?exhid=tak4212
Um, what game are your referring to? I assUme Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island there are only two Yoshi's Island games and the other is Yoshi's Island DS.
Um, Not quoting this entire post because TJ is a jerk and he still hasn't apologized.
Um, Also not quoting this one.  You'll just have to trust me that it's an "Um," post as well.
Um, AGAIN. This is nothing new, games have had in-game ads for YEARS.
Um, gaming tie-ins are decades old and fine. Movies, TV shows, and music do it too. So how is it not classy.
Um, why would you need two more face buttons? The Classic Controller already has enough face buttons to emulate almost every controller.
Um, it's not canon. Paramount has directly said that. And in a official 1999 Star Trek encyclopedia written by Michael and Denis Okuda (who created the glass control panels used since Star Trek IV) said:
Um, it started off as a console game. And I dont see why it wouldnt work well as a console game considering there is no technical reason it can't, plus some of the battles can get long
Um, they DO offer deals on the eShop, especially on the Wii U. For example, in late February Ubisoft put all of their Wii U eShop games 30% off for a week.
Um, no biggie. The phones I see usually use micro-SD cards anyways, so what is the issue?
Um, this news is MONTHS old. Epic Games already said they wont be making Unreal Engine 4 for Wii U, but developers are free to do it themselves.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 01:13:23 AM by UncleBob »
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: Um, Insanolord...
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 11:26:01 AM »
*claps*

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 11:45:37 AM »
I could've sworn there were even more than that.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 11:48:03 AM »
Remind me to never try to screw with Unclebob, because he will mine my comment history for hours to reveal all the dumb things I've said over the last couple of years on this forum to prove a point.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 11:58:07 AM »
Remind me to never try to screw with Unclebob, because he will mine my comment history for hours to reveal all the dumb things I've said over the last couple of years on this forum to prove a point.

Probably not, that'd be too much work.  Here, I was easily able to search for "Um," :D

I could've sworn there were even more than that.
12 Ums in 30 days is pretty impressive.  There are a lot of posts that start with "Actually," as well.  Was going to gather those up as a bonus, but my brain was already sad having to go through TJ's posts.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 02:17:22 PM »
I think I'm safe as far as UncleBob's concerned. Mainly because he would have so much material to start with, that it would be daunting figuring out where to start. I would start with the punctuation of the last sentence, because it is a mess.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 03:19:43 PM »
Um Um Um Um Um Um Um Um Um Um

LOL. Insanolord, this does kind prove how pointless karma is. How am I supposed to know you smite me everytime I start a post with that? With karma, all you see is you got a smite, you don't know who did it or for what post.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 04:29:35 PM »
We could make a "Here's why I smited you" thread, but that would only end badly. Also, I know karma is pointless, which is why I've been trying to get that through to the people who care about it for some misguided reason for months, if not years.

J.P. Corbran

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 04:51:00 PM »
Exactly. Karma is pointless - that's why it exists, and that's why you shouldn't care about it.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 05:08:49 PM »
We could make a "Here's why I smited you" thread, but that would only end badly.

I swear we had that thread, but most people weren't man enough to admit to their smiting, and  the confessed smitten would almost immediately smite back and then a vicious, yet pointless circle jerk of smites continued for no real reason.

The whole thing is stupid. I wish everyone would just stop paying any attention to it. IF you have a high negative score, it means nothing other than you annoyed some active poster enough that they started logging on with intent to annoy you back.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 06:17:00 PM »
I don't care about karma either, I just mentioned it since insano said he smites me everytime I start a post with "Um". If he would tell me that, I would try not to. I try to let posters know when they are doing something annoying so they can try to improve.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 07:12:15 PM »
Always thought that positive karma meant you guys liked me T_T
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 10:29:56 PM »
List of reasons to keep karma:

« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 11:07:16 PM by S-U-P-E-R »

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2013, 10:45:11 PM »
I LOVE karma.

Doesn't that have to do with that sex book thingy?
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 10:50:52 PM »
because insano is a lazy bastard who would rather give a broken argument(if it doesn't matter and is pointless then why does it still exist as it continues to use up server resources?) then to actually do something about it

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2013, 01:57:13 AM »
I don't have the power to get rid of it, so quit complaining to me about it. If you really want it gone, I'd advise you to relentlessly spam Crimm with PMs strongly expressing that belief in as many words as possible.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2013, 03:48:19 AM »
I don't have the power to get rid of it, so quit complaining to me about it.

This is obviously a poorly attempted stunt at misdirection.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, 10:59:32 PM »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2013, 01:48:36 AM »
TJ clearly doesn't understand why everyone keeps ripping him a new one.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?