Author Topic: I did something (contd.)  (Read 11975 times)

Offline Glad0s

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Reagan's Music Reviews
I did something (contd.)
« on: October 31, 2012, 01:22:10 PM »
Alright, now you folks may continue mocking James and Karlie. GO
"Isn't Karl like Mexican or something"

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: I did something (contd.)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 01:23:25 PM »
That's so last week.
Let's talk Lettuce Cats!
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 02:54:59 PM »
I like to imagine a sitcom where Crimm is constantly being stubborn and sarcastic and annoying, and Karlie's there giving him mean looks and making fun of him. It wouldn't be a very good sitcom, so it would have to be on CBS.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 03:06:07 PM »
I think you mean Showtime, because the best sitcom on TV is on CBS (both in terms of critical reception and viewer reception).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 03:08:46 PM »
Best critical reception my ass. Viewers I'll give you, because there are a lot of dumb people in this country who appreciate shows with bad jokes and laugh tracks, but I defy you to find a significant number critics who'd call anything on CBS the best sitcom on TV.

J.P. Corbran

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 03:17:44 PM »
Better than crap like Community. I know you don't like BBT for some reason, even though it is a great show and does get good reviews (for example, the most recent episode seems to be getting a 8/10 average from reviewers). And I don't see the appeal of Modern Family.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 03:22:00 PM »
I don't like The Big Bang Theory because it's awful. Lowest common denominator, predictable jokes, paper thin characters and a laugh track. And the fact that you don't like Community invalidates every opinion you've ever had.

J.P. Corbran

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 03:30:18 PM »
You can say you don't like it, but that doesn't mean it is awful. If you don't watch the show, then you don't realize that you are wrong on the jokes and the characters. Community is boring, I did not find myself enjoying it. Maybe it gets better eventually, but if a show is not making me entertained within 5 episodes then it will lose my viewership. We all have our own taste in shows though.

At least I hope we can agree that shows like Here Comes Honey Boo Boo are terrible.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 03:33:56 PM »
I love Community
The first five episode had me securely hooked. Clever, funny and with just a smidge of good ol' pathos.
Thank you, Netflix.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 03:50:09 PM »
You can say you don't like it, but that doesn't mean it is awful. If you don't watch the show, then you don't realize that you are wrong on the jokes and the characters. Community is boring, I did not find myself enjoying it. Maybe it gets better eventually, but if a show is not making me entertained within 5 episodes then it will lose my viewership. We all have our own taste in shows though.

At least I hope we can agree that shows like Here Comes Honey Boo Boo are terrible.

You can't insist that it's the best show on TV and then get upset when I call it awful. If you're going to state your opinion as fact, like you always do, you can't get mad when people do it back to you.

J.P. Corbran

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 03:50:57 PM »
I didn't get upset, I just said that not liking it doesn't mean the show is awful.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 03:53:10 PM »
You can't insist that it's the best show on TV and then get upset when I call it awful. If you're going to state your opinion as fact, like you always do, you can't get mad when people do it back to you.
I didn't get upset, I just said that not liking it doesn't mean the show is awful.
Mommy and Daddy are fighting again.
Now I'm upset.  :'(
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 03:58:01 PM »

And you liking it doesn't make it the best show on TV, but you said that anyway.

EDIT: Seriously, you've called things bad because you don't like them on these forums dozens of times, so you're really in no position to be arguing this point.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 04:04:17 PM »
I am not a big fan of the Big Bang Theory because I think it has squndered a good premise. It purports to be a show about nerd protagonists with plenty of geek-pop culture references. But it is not clever or awesome in the use of its premise. It feels like a show written by normies about geeks, not a show by geeks for geeks.
So much potential wasted.
I also react negatively to the fact that the normies in real life think its hilarious and think they're "in" with geek culture beacuse apparently that's popular now. . They just don't get it. And I know damn well, they ain't walkin' the talk.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 04:05:03 PM »
Insanolord, something that you and the others on this forum need to realize, is that in an argument, you're supposed to talk as if your opinion is fact. Otherwise, we're going to have to say "in my opinion" or some **** all the time. TJ knows and understand that his opinion is not fact. No one thinks that highly of themselves. Sto) p picking apart everything he says (or anyone for that matter) simply because you have a difference in opinion. By the way, you were doing the same thing he did.

In any case, comedy for the sake of comedy is (imo hurr hurr) fucking stupid.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 04:07:55 PM »
That's my entire point. He argued that I shouldn't be stating my opinion as fact, despite the fact that he does it all the time. The argument wasn't about that principle as much as it was about his complete and total hypocrisy.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 04:09:15 PM »
in an argument, you're supposed to talk as if your opinion is fact.
I do not agree with this though I have observed this is the predominant style of American arguments.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 04:12:20 PM »
I do not agree with this though I have observed this is the predominant style of American arguments.

The reason why you do this is because it is pointless to reiterate that your argument is, in fact, an opinion. We all know it's an opinion, why don't you agree with this?

That's my entire point. He argued that I shouldn't be stating my opinion as fact, despite the fact that he does it all the time. The argument wasn't about that principle as much as it was about his complete and total hypocrisy.

Oh, I missed that. Carry on.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 04:19:38 PM »

The reason why you do this is because it is pointless to reiterate that your argument is, in fact, an opinion. We all know it's an opinion, why don't you agree with this?
I don't agree with your statement that this is how you are "supposed" to argue or debate. That is not the way I learned. If something is factual, you can state it as such and hopefully you have something to back up your claim. If something is opinion, you state it as such.
Clarity is key.

Also, as I stated, I think you are espousing a style of arguing. I agree it is a style that is used and I have seen it be effective. i just don't use it or like it myself.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 04:21:59 PM by Fatty_The_Hutt »
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 05:40:14 PM »
LOL TJ Spyke likes Big Bang Theory

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2012, 06:59:25 PM »
Since it's a funny show, I see nothing wrong with that. I don't make fun of other people liking shows that I think are terrible.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2012, 07:47:54 PM »
It's terminally unfunny. It's like nerd blackface. It's so unfunny that 1up paid me to make fun of it. It's so unfunny that TJ Spyke likes it.

Good job having terrible taste :smug:

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2012, 08:44:46 PM »
I like New Girl because Zooey Deschanel's legs send shivers up my spine.

And it's fantastically hilarious. (Hint: this is my opinion)
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2012, 09:07:41 PM »
We don't allow opinions here.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2012, 09:13:58 PM »
I like New Girl because Zooey Deschanel's legs send shivers up my spine.

And it's fantastically hilarious. (Hint: this is my opinion)
I just don't see why people turn to Puddle for Zooey Deschanel's.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.