Author Topic: So what are your hobbies other than Videogames?  (Read 14949 times)

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
Re: So what are your hobbies other than Videogames?
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2012, 04:54:14 PM »
Her best work was published post-posthumously: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

I take that back. Her best work is the BBC adaptation of Pride and Prejudice.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 11:39:50 PM by Halbred »
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Glad0s

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Reagan's Music Reviews
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2012, 06:51:47 PM »
I've only read Persuasion, and that's enough for me. I'll stick with George Orwell, thankyaverymuch.
"Isn't Karl like Mexican or something"

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2012, 07:44:55 PM »
I've only read Persuasion, and that's enough for me. I'll stick with George Orwell, thankyaverymuch.

A fellow orwell fan? 'Homage to Catalonia' is my favourite book!
Gouge away.

Offline Glad0s

• View Profile
    • Reagan's Music Reviews
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2012, 08:42:19 PM »
A fellow Orwell fan? 'Homage to Catalonia' is my favourite book!

I've actually never read that one! I'll have to check it out.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2012, 06:34:28 AM »
A fellow Orwell fan? 'Homage to Catalonia' is my favourite book!

I've actually never read that one! I'll have to check it out.

Please do. It's an edited diary of his experiences during the Spanish Civil War. It's an incredibly biased account, as it is seen from only Eric's perspective, but it's also one which portrays the idealism and folly of the Second Republic. His experience during that war really shaped his ideology and writing style. If you're interested 1984 and Animal Farm it's a must read.
Gouge away.

Offline AnGer

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2012, 04:23:09 PM »
I play the guitar and percussion and take photographs. Currently saving money for an electric guitar and a new camera. I also like to read.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2012, 05:11:46 PM »
I play the guitar and percussion and take photographs. Currently saving money for an electric guitar and a new camera. I also like to read.

If you don't might me asking, what kind of Electric Guitar are you thinking of getting?
Gouge away.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2012, 06:27:49 PM »
I have recently started playing disc golf. We have an awesome course in town, its a great stress reliever.
I also read comic books and have a collection of action figures.

Offline AnGer

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2012, 06:32:28 PM »
If you don't might me asking, what kind of Electric Guitar are you thinking of getting?

Tbh, that is something I'm still unsure about. I haven't been looking at any specific make and model, though I have already excluded an instrument that is mainly manufactured for metal purposes. But I'm not there yet and I'll take my time narrowing it down until then. My saving priority right now is my camera.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2012, 08:50:04 PM »
The Misses I travel about the country in an old school bus that I converted into an RV. It has purple and pink flames painted along the sides, with the words "Storm the Gaits" above. We usually have a livestock trailer in tow with my horse, Hoof-Hearted. I joust competitively, and the Misses sells handmade clothing and jewelry. We often times pick up hitchhikers when traveling from show to show, which usually leads to a brief ménage à trois. The bus doesn't have adequate plumbing, so we have to shower at camp grounds and truck stops. Hoof-Hearted's feces is saved up and routinely sold to local farmers as organic fertilizer.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Glad0s

• View Profile
    • Reagan's Music Reviews
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2012, 01:16:04 PM »
The Misses I travel about the country in an old school bus that I converted into an RV. It has purple and pink flames painted along the sides, with the words "Storm the Gaits" above. We usually have a livestock trailer in tow with my horse, Hoof-Hearted. I joust competitively, and the Misses sells handmade clothing and jewelry. We often times pick up hitchhikers when traveling from show to show, which usually leads to a brief ménage à trois. The bus doesn't have adequate plumbing, so we have to shower at camp grounds and truck stops. Hoof-Hearted's feces is saved up and routinely sold to local farmers as organic fertilizer.

I wish MY life was that exciting....

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2012, 05:36:08 PM »
I'm starting to work out. Nothing else better to do.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2012, 01:24:40 AM »
No one is allowed to complain about having difficulty finishing a book till they've read a James Joyce novel. Uggggghhghghghghghghghghg.
I took Ulysses from a university library. It was kinda neat with references and such, but yeah hard to get through.

I got through four chapters and then lost the book. I kinda got bent on actually finishing it so i ordered a new one with kickass hardcover and twice as big. Once i got it i didn't want to give it away to library, so i just payed it off.

The edition i got was interesting as such like only 40% of the book was the book itself. Most of it was references chapter by chapter at the end. And footnotes. Yes, both references and footnotes. And despite that they were typed in half as small font they still took the majority of pages in a book :D

I still have yet to read further than 4th chapter. :D
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 01:26:34 AM by azeke »
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2012, 01:43:04 PM »
I would say it depends on your definition of a hobby. I like to paint, write stories, build model trains, read a good book, those are my "hobbies." In reality though, outside of school, I just mostly do home work and watch TV in my spare time. I used to collect Transformers figures, but ever since those stupid movies came out that has turned into an impossibility.

Offline negative_zero

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • Negative World
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2012, 02:23:50 AM »
Making music.  Although it is kind of video game related, since the stuff I have been working on lately is video game music:

http://soundcloud.com/andrew-nee/sets/video-game-music-demos/

And I do web programming... also video game related.  I don't seem to do much that isn't related to video games.  I guess "read".
Want to let loose your creative side in a Nintendo-related fashion?  Do you like getting involved?  | http://www.negativeworld.org

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2012, 02:39:45 AM »
Hmm hobbies other then gaming...

Well I draw, tweet, play Basketball,  I run and I do Yoga to keep myself limber as I am getting older.

I basically try to keep myself balanced because gaming when I do it I can do marathons and that can mess you up if you don't have a counter balance.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2012, 04:52:45 PM »
Reading, chatting on IMVU, occasionally on Second Life too, & table top gaming. That last one is mostly Warhammer 40,000 but I've dabbled in Warhammer Fantasy & have starter sets for Malifaux & Infinity as well.
Mission...complete?

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2012, 05:07:23 PM »
I do plays with local theatre companies.
I volunteer on the library board.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2012, 05:07:29 PM »

Wait... you're lying. Right?
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2012, 09:30:17 PM »
Drinking, smoking weed, and all types of ill ****.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2012, 11:07:50 PM »
I do plays with local theatre companies.

That's pretty cool.

For some reason, I am VERY impressed right now. I LOVE (and FEAR) public libraries!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2012, 11:34:02 PM »
I've been conditioned by Parks & Recreation to hate libraries and those who work for them.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Do_What

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2012, 02:38:02 PM »
I play the alto saxophone and am saving up for a bass trombone.

I like to knit and cook.

I don't know if this is a hobby, but I do a lot of work helping underprivileged kids with life skills and stuff. Like, helping with college applications, proofreading scholarship essays, and that kind of thing.
(╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2012, 04:29:07 PM »

I LOVE (and FEAR) public libraries!
Do not fear the library, my friend. It's all about LOVE.

And use those librarians. Seriously, they can and will help you with prettty much anything. Even technically "non-libarary" stuff, like hooking you up to local services, proctering exams, resume writing and job finding, obscrure question answering, letter drafting, advocacy, using the awesome electronic databases the library has access to (for free), reader advisory, will preparation, rental agreements, learning languages, etc. etc. etc. They can even train you in software apps! They do these kinds of things regularly, and all for free, always.

Librarians are a very under utilized resource, I have observed, and they are just dying to help you. Most are very highly trained in their field and also keep up with continuous training in modern and improving approaches to library service. Plus, the libaray is chock-o-block full of aweome sh*t. I gotta tell you, I rarely check out books, It's all blu rays, video games, CD's DVD's and using the online databases and streaming music services. I also go to the many cool programs the library offers. The modern approach to library service is about focussing on services: what the library does as opposed to the stuff it has. The modern library uis all abut creating community and being a community hub.

Sorry, I tend to go on a bit about the library. Bottom line: if you're not using the library, you are seriously missing out. It's your tax dollars at work, so get in there and take advantage.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2012, 06:33:00 PM »
I'm obviously a very selfish person because you guys are actually doing some very noble and worthwhile things. I just sit about reading, playing games and going to gigs. All very boring.
Gouge away.