Author Topic: Day 1 Launch Games!  (Read 8859 times)

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Day 1 Launch Games!
« on: September 16, 2012, 04:05:40 AM »
Here’s the list of games Nintendo currently has listed on their site with the November 18th release date, the same date as the Wii U in North America:
    • Rayman Legends
    • Black Ops 2
    • Assassin’s Creed III
    • ZombiU
    • Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
    • Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition
    • TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2
    • Scribblenauts Unlimited
    • Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
    • Rabbids Land
    • Just Dance 4
    • Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth
    • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
    • MADDEN NFL 13
    • NBA 2K13
    • TRANSFORMERS PRIME
    • Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013
    • Game Party Champions
    • ESPN Sports Connection
    • Darksiders II
    • Nintendo Land
    • New Super Mario Bros. U
    [/list][/size]http://thecontrolleronline.com/2012/09/wii-u-launch-day-titles-confirmed/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=wii-u-launch-day-titles-confirmed[/color]
    Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Kairon

• T_T
    • NWR Staff Pro
    • Score: 48
      • View Profile
    Re: Day 1 Launch Games!
    « Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 04:25:18 AM »
    Huh! Madden at launch but NOT FIFA? I'm definitely receiving mixed signals on some of these games regarding whether or not they'll make launch day.
    Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
    The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
    Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
    Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
    For never was a story of more woe
    Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • Score: 39
      • View Profile
      • MirandaNew.com
    « Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 07:48:34 AM »
    I have been hearing from the internets real complaints about this launch lineup and I must tell everyone complaining are you CRAZY!!!! 

This is literally the best launch line up day one of any system.

Yes, there are ports coming out on the system...but there are also plenty of new games, and games to fit all genres and all gaming audiences. 

The more I think about this launch lineup the more I think Nintendo will have a good chance of starting strong and staying strong...and when people cry but you can buy those same games on the current systems...yes, you can...some of them, but you also don't get a shiny new system with new controller, and a next generation system...all system launches have some ports of old games...it happens.   

But a system launching day one with 20+ games is terrific...and if they get even more than that...amazing.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
    • Score: 29
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 09:26:15 AM »
    I have been hearing from the internets real complaints about this launch lineup and I must tell everyone complaining are you CRAZY!!!! 

Yes, there are ports coming out on the system...but there are also plenty of new games, and games to fit all genres and all gaming audiences. 

The more I think about this launch lineup the more I think Nintendo will have a good chance of starting strong and staying strong...and when people cry but you can buy those same games on the current systems...yes, you can...some of them, but you also don't get a shiny new system with new controller, and a next generation system...all system launches have some ports of old games...it happens.   

But a system launching day one with 20+ games is terrific...and if they get even more than that...amazing.

I've never understood people's need to have this many good games at launch.  With the system costing $300+, and each game coming as $60, the price of buying all these games is incredibly prohibitive.  When I got a system as a kid, I was lucky if I could pick up 3 games, and then it would still take me a few months before I'd get through those games. 

I guess this way maybe by the time I finish up the first couple of games, some of the other launch titles might be available on discount.

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • Score: 27
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 09:55:51 AM »
    You guys should check out the more accurate list I am compiling on NWR.
    Neal Ronaghan
    Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • Score: 138
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 10:54:30 AM »
    Most of those games will drop in price in a matter of months, the only exceptions being NSMBU and Nintendo Land (which is inconsequential because I would only buy the Deluxe Set). I've heard really terrible things about the Armored Edition of Batman: Arkham City.

I'm still undecided about getting the Wii U at launch due mainly to my limited budget. I'll probably run out of time while I'm deciding as pre-orders fill up. I'm going to Best Buy later and I may put down some money if I can just in case I change my mind. I keep getting this feeling that Nintendo may drop the price next year for whatever reason. Maybe it will happen, maybe it won't.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • Score: -88
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 01:02:13 PM »
    Great looking launch line up between these and the eshop games.

As far as games at launch the ones that I have most interest are

New Super Mario Bros U
    Nintendoland
    call of Duty blops 2
    Darksiders 2
    Zombie U
    3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
    xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
    • Score: 410
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 01:08:36 PM »
    Excellent selection as there is literally something for everyone.

Especially if eShop is up an running on Day 1 along with all video streaming/online connected features.

Could be the most diverse and all inclusive launch ever.

Now they just need to make sure they open up pre-orders for another limited batch of Premium systems (that retailer will super bundle) about 3 weeks before launch to make sure the intended audience is all worked up and ready for launch.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
    • NWR Staff Pro
    • Score: 48
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 01:24:39 PM »
    You guys should check out the more accurate list I am compiling on NWR.

The list Neal is talking about is here.
    Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
    The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
    Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
    Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
    For never was a story of more woe
    Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • Score: 125
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 03:12:30 PM »
    It's a decent launch, but it isn't really for me. There are some games I"m interested in, but not for full price, so I look forward to finding these games in bargain bins when I get a system late next year or early 2014.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
      • View Profile
      • MirandaNew.com
    « Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 06:40:49 PM »
    Yeah...the thing about having many games at launch is being able to hit a good balance of 2-3 games for every time of gamer to be interested in purchasing...the ports don't really help with that...but the near same release dates do. 

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
    • Score: 35
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 02:35:22 PM »
    The guys from Broken Rules responded to a facebook comment I left. According to them if "everything goes according to plan, Chasing Aurora will be available at launch." eShop!!
    My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Anth0ny

• Score: -2
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: September 23, 2012, 10:16:02 PM »

I've never understood people's need to have this many good games at launch.  With the system costing $300+, and each game coming as $60, the price of buying all these games is incredibly prohibitive.  When I got a system as a kid, I was lucky if I could pick up 3 games, and then it would still take me a few months before I'd get through those games. 

I guess this way maybe by the time I finish up the first couple of games, some of the other launch titles might be available on discount.

Yup, this is exactly how I feel. At a console launch, quality>quantity. Since the NES, Nintendo always had that one killer app at launch, that one game you'd pick up and it would last you the entire gen and beyond.

NES had Super Mario Bros. SNES Had Super Mario World. N64 had Super Mario 64. Gamecube had Melee, which was out maybe 2 weeks after launch. Admittedly, Wii didn't have a game that fits that definition, but a mainline Zelda title was for damn sure a huge title on launch day, and Wii Sports was pretty great for that first year, especially as a free pack in title.

I'm not interested in buying multiple games at Wii U launch. In fact, I've never picked up more than one game with a new console or handheld in my entire life. I have the patience and discipline to spend $300 on a console and not another $300 on software.

Up until now, this has served me well. As I mentioned above, each Nintendo console has had their killer app at launch. Wii U does not, unfortunately. NSMB U will be my launch day game, but that series has never really resonated with me all that greatly. Nothing else looks all that appealing. Nothing else screams "You just picked up a new console! Buy me for $60 now, on top of the $300 + tax you just spent!"

I guess what I'm trying to say is... Wii U's launch lineup isn't all that strong. I suppose there will be something for everyone in the sense that a ton of genres are being represented... but back in the day, there was something for everyone and that something was a fucking masterpiece with Mario in the title.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • Score: -1350
      • View Profile
      • Spyke Shop
    « Reply #13 on: September 23, 2012, 10:23:39 PM »
    Different games appeal to different people, you want as much variety as possible.

Anthony, the Wii U already looks like it will easily have the best console launch lineup in history, with at least 5 games being ones I would recommend to any gamer (regardless of their taste).
    Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • Score: 3
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: September 24, 2012, 12:03:51 AM »
    I guess what I'm trying to say is... Wii U's launch lineup isn't all that strong. I suppose there will be something for everyone in the sense that a ton of genres are being represented... but back in the day, there was something for everyone and that something was a fucking masterpiece with Mario in the title.

Once again

NSMB DS - 29 million

NSMB Wii - 26 million

So you're telling me a game that will probably sell over 20 million isn't for everybody?  Oh and there's a lot of people who consider NSMB Wii to be one of the greatest Mario platformers ever made, and since the same team is making NSMB U, it is going to be a masterpiece to a lot of the people who buy it.  Just because you don't like the NSMB games, doesn't mean the rest of the world feels the same way.
    I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
      • View Profile
      • MirandaNew.com
    « Reply #15 on: September 24, 2012, 09:28:37 AM »
    Actually, I understand what Adrock is saying about NSMBU...It may not be that killer app.

However, I think you can not discount Nintendo Land as being the potentially huge app.  That game just looks like mad fun...and it is packed into the system.  (or sold separately.) 

Plus, this is the first Nintendo system to ever launch with 20+ games on day one.  Granted...they are not Nintendo published so Nintendo doesn't have that one self published killer app.  However the launch does have quite a few exclusives launching with the game that could become that one killer game.

Rayman
    ZombiU

and big 3rd party games that are close enough to release to the other systems not to be overlooked ports.  Call of Duty Black Ops 2.  ect. 

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
      • View Profile
      • Spyke Shop
    « Reply #16 on: September 24, 2012, 04:54:11 PM »
    Plus, this is the first Nintendo system to ever launch with 20+ games on day one.

Wii launched with 21 games in North America.
    Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Anth0ny

• Score: -2
      • View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 11:14:51 AM »
    Here's the official day one lineup:

Nintendo details the 23 games launching with Wii U on Nov. 18

Nintendo today confirmed that there will be 23 games hitting stores the day their new Wii U console goes on sale in North America.

Among the titles hitting on Nov. 18 are Nintendo Land, New Super Mario Bros. U, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, ZombiU and Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two.

"We're making sure that Wii U owners will have great games to play from the moment they open the box, and that a steady stream of fun new games is always on the way," said Reggie Fils-Aime, Nintendo of America's president and COO. "We have something for everyone, from new franchises to creative new approaches to familiar favorites."

Here's the full list of Nov. 18 games provided by Nintendo this morning:

Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Skylanders Giants

Transformers Prime

Wipeout 3

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two

EA Sports FIFA Soccer 13

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition

New Super Mario Bros. U

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

Nintendo Land

Sing Party

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper

Darksiders 2

Assassin's Creed 3

ESPN Sports Connection

Just Dance 4

Rabbids Land

Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013

ZombiU

Scribblenauts Unlimited

Game Party Champions

Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition

The Wii U will be sold in two versions in the U.S. The basic set will cost $299.99. The deluxe set, which comes with more storage capacity, additional accessories and a copy of Nintendo Land, will sell for $349.99.

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/9/26/3410736/nintendo-details-the-23-games-launching-with-wii-u-on-nov-18

No Rayman. Makes sense, as it would have probably been destroyed by NSMB.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
    • Score: -178
      • View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: September 26, 2012, 12:07:42 PM »
    That's a pretty broad launch line-up. Not bad at all.

Although none of those games really speak to me (I've played Arkham City, and Rayman and Pikmin are the two games I was really interested in), I don't think anyone could argue that it's not a deep and varied launch line-up. My reservations for the Wii U go deeper than just the launch line-up, but it's nice to see the system getting off to a good start.

The sheen is taken off somewhat, however, by the fact that several of these titles are already available elsewhere.
    « Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 12:15:19 PM by Pixelated Pixies »
    Gouge away.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
    • Score: -178
      • View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: September 26, 2012, 12:13:15 PM »

Anthony, the Wii U already looks like it will easily have the best console launch lineup in history, with at least 5 games being ones I would recommend to any gamer (regardless of their taste).

It's all a matter of taste I guess, but I still think the SNES launch has it beat. Super Mario World, F-Zero and Pilotwings? Such a great launch. (I know some people now look back on Pilotwings as being just a tech demo, but it was incredibly fun and innovative at the time).
    Gouge away.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
    • Score: 9
      • View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: September 26, 2012, 12:37:32 PM »
    What the hell?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/mass-effect-trilogy-arriving-november-6-6397206

Why isn't the Wii U getting an enhanced version of the whole trilogy with GamePad support?

Mass Effect 1 is going up on PSN, so maybe 1 and 2 will end up on the eShop, but still . . .

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • Score: -3
      • View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: September 26, 2012, 03:08:13 PM »
    What the hell?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/mass-effect-trilogy-arriving-november-6-6397206

Why isn't the Wii U getting an enhanced version of the whole trilogy with GamePad support?

Mass Effect 1 is going up on PSN, so maybe 1 and 2 will end up on the eShop, but still . . .

Maybe they have to work longer on the port to be able to add the gamepad support and that is why the Wii U won't get this until later in 2013.  Or ME1 and ME2 will be eshop games (watch out, ME2 is over 12GB on PSN!).

I personally think they should postpone ME3 for Wii U and just release the trilogy by itself sometime in 2013.  I guess they could release ME3 now, then 1 & 2 on the eshop the same date the trilogy drops.  I have no doubt in my mind, though, that it'll come out for the Wii U.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
    • Score: 410
      • View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: September 28, 2012, 09:01:01 PM »
    This thread is missing the eShop games that should be available in the @ launch (& in the launch window)

http://kotaku.com/5946726/the-wonderful-surprise-hiding-in-the-wii-u-launch-line+up?utm_campaign=socialflow_kotaku_twitter&utm_source=kotaku_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Chasing Aurora - November

Cloudberry Kingdom - November

Little Inferno - November

Mighty Switch Force HD - November

Nano Assault Neo - November

Toki Tori 2 - November

Trine 2: Directors Cut - November

Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien - January

Besides NSMBU, DS2 & ZombiU, I think I might pick up Trine 2 (with my 10% premium discount)
    « Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 09:05:55 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • Score: 10131
      • View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: September 28, 2012, 09:04:44 PM »
    Hmmm...Trine 2 looks a lot like Runner 2.
    I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
      • View Profile
      • Spyke Shop
    « Reply #24 on: September 28, 2012, 09:04:58 PM »
    You don't get a 10% discount, you get a 10% rebate and can only redeem the points when you get to 500 points (i.e. once u have bought $50 worth of digital games).