Author Topic: Recreate a hodgepodge of Matrix scenes in Perfect Dark!  (Read 2978 times)

Offline Vanilla Thunder

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
I was playing Perfect Dark with two friends the other day, and, inspired by the sheer awesomeness of The Matrix Reloaded, we decided to "play" the movie.  Sure, you could play Enter the Matrix, but nothing quite beats the natural intensity and style of Perfect Dark.  So we booted up the Combat Simulator for three players, and set it to a team battle, with us three against four computer opponents.  We custom set the four simulants to two guys in brown business suits (the agents) and two Mr. Blondes (the twins), and set them to the yellow team.  I choose to play as one of the butler's with a black man's head (Morpheus), one of my friend's chose Joanna Dark with the leather outfit (Trinity), and the other chose the detective with the dark-haired, long-faced man (Neo).  We were all on the red team.  We set the guns to Falcon 2s (regular), Falcon 2s (silenced), RCP180s (I think that's what it's called), Magnums, and CMP15Os, and turned on one-hit kills.  We custom set the music to include a multiple playlist of dark, moody tunes and fast-pace techno beats (Air Force One, baby!).  And we played in the Grid, I believe.

And it was AWESOME!  The Grid is like a recreation of the lobby shootout from the first Matrix, with a large marble hall complete with rows of columns on either side and a glossy elevator at the end.  Weaving in and out of the pillars while firing two Falcon 2's at the agents was incredibly fun!  It just so happened that the two Mr. Blondes (the Twins) always were together, it seemed, one right behind the other, and get this; both were armed with the RCP180s (machine guns, like Reloaded), and both kept turning invisible with the guns' cloaking device (like the ghosts --- sweet!).  My friends and I would escape through the elevator to the second lobby with the glass ceiling and the two floors, and the agents would always meet us move for move.  The fire fights were intense, with sparks spraying from the walls as bullets peppered their surface.  The music fight everything just right, and the occasional slowdown, as crazy as it may sound, worked perfectly to create the suspension sense of the movie's special effects.  It was sweet!

If you have Perfect Dark, grab some friends and try those settings --- you'll love it!  Makes it seem like a shame that the game's sequel is an X-Box exclusive now.
Craziest Nintendo Character Ever
Ludicolo, the giant, furry, Mexican duckbilled pineapple man with a lily pad sombrero!  Yet another reason to love Pokemon!

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Recreate a hodgepodge of Matrix scenes in Perfect Dark!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2003, 11:52:49 AM »
Heh.  Sounds fun.  I might just try that later on.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Michael_82

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2003, 05:46:18 PM »
wow, that does sound pretty cool actually.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Recreate a hodgepodge of Matrix scenes in Perfect Dark!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2003, 06:35:32 PM »
Yeah! Holy crap! I forgot PD had the Combat boost and Slo Mo mode! And man! The grid! Perfect level! Crap thing is you can't jump. oh well. It was 'the first' Matrix game! hahahahahahaha!
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2003, 07:06:50 PM »

Originally posted by: Termin8Anakin
Yeah! Holy crap! I forgot PD had the Combat boost and Slo Mo mode! And man! The grid! Perfect level! Crap thing is you can't jump. oh well. It was 'the first' Matrix game! hahahahahahaha!

YEA! i forgot but can you use those in multiplayer?
Money for war but not enough to feed the poor - TuPac

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2003, 08:31:42 PM »
Heh.  I just got through playing a bunch of rounds in the Grid with slow mo, 4 perfect sims dressed as agents, and an assortment of hand guns.  It was quite cool.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline GoldShadow1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2003, 06:20:13 PM »
Indeed, Perfect Dark is awesome.  I've played a Matrix setup before, very fun.  It's awesome to drop down from the bottom floor with CMP's blazing in slow-motion, getting a headshot on an Agent... very, very cool.  The Grid is obviously a take off on the lobby scene - I mean, look at it's name!

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2003, 06:08:45 PM »
Hey, that sounds cool. Another thing you can do is create your own scenarios. I like one my cousin made. Okay, go into the Car Park with a Dark RocketSim. Put half the weapons to Rocket launchers, two to Falcon 2's(regular) and one to CMP150. Tell whoever's playing with you that you can only use the pistols. And do just that. It's wicked hard. Also, it's kind of scary because you never know exactly where he is on the radar. Is he one floor below you or on the same level as you?
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown