Author Topic: Bands  (Read 35937 times)

Offline dmbfan755

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Bands
« on: May 08, 2003, 12:55:51 PM »
What is everybody's favorite bands to listen to? I just want to know because all I ever listen to is Dave Matthews Band, and I want an opinion on something new

If anybody wants to give me any virtual boy games, that would be, Indubitably, Neat-o.  

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2003, 01:13:35 PM »
Personally, I like (in no particular order) Nirvana, Tool, Metallica, Black Sabbath, System of a Down, Megadeth, Slayer, Marilyn Manson, etc.

I also have a HUGE library of video game tunes too though.  I can provide a list of my favorite titles if you are into that.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Bands
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2003, 01:25:24 PM »
I like a lot of stuff but my favourite band of all time is probably Led Zeppelin.  I don't think I've ever heard a bad Zeppelin song.  Their boxed set is essentially a four disc greatest hits.

Other artists I really like include U2, R.E.M., Bryan Adams, Nirvana, The Police, and The Doors.  My favourite acts are usually bands that have an original sound and have music that sounds real as if they actually enjoy what they're doing instead of just releasing songs based on market trends with money being the only objective.  A lot of stuff today is just so blatantly manufactured it makes me sick.  Of course this isn't a rule and there are some manufactured songs that I like.  There's tons of flash-in-the-pan pop songs from the 80s that I like.  It's mostly the current N*Sync crap I hate.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2003, 01:59:22 PM »
My favorite band of all time is easily Pain. I'm sure none of you have heard of Pain, but anyone who's seen the Jabberjaw music video on Cartoon Network has heard their music. My second favorite band is easily At the Drive-In, which I owe my love of to 3_Masterpiece. My third favorite band is The Beatles, followed by The Ataris and Queen. My favorite song, however, is I Woke Up In A Car, by Something Corporate. That song is followed very closely by Pain's Full Speed Ahead.

1. Pain
2. At the Drive-In
3. The Beatles
4. The Ataris
5. Queen
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2003, 02:02:00 PM »
Yeah, i guess i also listen to REM, OAR, Bela fleck, Phish, and other bands that write their own music. I mostly listn to acoustic guitar. that's my favorite. I don't listen to hevy metal, rock, or anything of the punk sort, like garage bands.
If anybody wants to give me any virtual boy games, that would be, Indubitably, Neat-o.  

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2003, 02:02:45 PM »
The Beatles!  Yes Mouse Clicker, I should hand over my Canadian citizenship or something for not mentioning The Beatles...  Everyone's favorite stoner band...

EDIT:  CCR, Dr. Hook, and Jefferson Airplane also deserve mention.

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2003, 02:08:31 PM »
CCR, billy Joel, elton john all diserve props also.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2003, 02:41:17 PM »
God you have to ask that question
Queens of the Stone Age, Less than jake, bright eyes, SOAD, Rage against the machine, beatles, hendrix, roy orbison, weezer, god thats enough for now...

Offline StrikerObi

• BanEditLockDelete Podcast Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Pixel du Jour
Bands
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2003, 03:27:49 PM »
Less Than Jake tops my list. New album May 20th!!!! I'm stoked, I ordered the collector's set that includes a making of DVD, trading cards, and a T-Shirt. Plus it's all autographed!

Everclear and Don't Look Down are pretty high on my list of favorite bands too. I just picked up Everclear's new CD "Slow Motion Daydream" yesterday and I'm really digging it.

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2003, 04:37:54 PM »
Rage against the machine, At the Drive-In, Mars Volta.

Like the hieroglyphics and dilated peoples also but they aren't rock

mouse_clicker: np man
Money for war but not enough to feed the poor - TuPac

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2003, 05:12:02 PM »
Tool, Metallica, NIN, Iron Maiden, David Bowie, RageATM, Billy Joel, Faith No More, Doors, Zeppelin, Sabbath, Beastie Boys, NWA, KoRn...among tons of others
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Bands
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2003, 03:32:38 AM »
in no particular order I enjoy: celtic frost, coroner, metallica, gwar, mr. bungle, no means no, the roots, nerd, dri, danzig, kreator, alice in chains, dead kennedys, meg lee chin, type o negative, and theatre of tragedy.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2003, 05:04:49 AM »
whoopeee all my favorite bands

and ofcourse i ripped these songs from cds/video games no illegalness here!

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2003, 10:57:05 AM »
I've listened to many of the bands that y'all have posted, and I still think Dave reigns supreme. You all should go out and buy some DMB CDs. I recommend buying Before These Crowded Streets or Live At Luther.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2003, 11:31:58 AM »
Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath, System of a Down, Queen, Tool, Nirvana, Perfect Circle
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2003, 11:34:43 AM »
With a name like dmbfan could we expect something better?

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2003, 12:08:55 PM »
NO...

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2003, 12:20:01 AM »
i like classical music the best. and jack johnson is the shiznat. i like mostly punk bands....but more of the popish punk. a lot of the bands mentioned here are way too "hard core" for me. although system is pretty good i think.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline spine_399

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2003, 02:54:43 AM »
Less than Jake are great , I cant wait for some new stuff. Also  - good respect for the Beatles. I think my favorite band at the mo' is Save Ferris! Nothin' too heavy for me, Eagles, letters to cleo, and you've got to give it up for Michael Jackson. And I'm also proud to admit theres something about Avril that just does it for me.

"This week I 'av been mostly:" watching Red Dwarf and playing Sonic Advance 2

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2003, 09:02:28 AM »
I've listened to Dave Mathews and it was vomit inducing.  I cannot stand the music, the singing, or Dave himself for that matter.  It is only my opinion of course, so take it for what its worth.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2003, 12:31:13 PM »

Originally posted by: The Omen
I've listened to Dave Mathews and it was vomit inducing.  I cannot stand the music, the singing, or Dave himself for that matter.  It is only my opinion of course, so take it for what its worth.

I hear that.  

Offline Wesisapie

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2003, 02:18:42 PM »
At the moment i'm into:

Taking Back Sunday
The Beautiful Mistake
Homegrown
Brand New
Finch
Something Corporate

But of course there will always be Goldfinger, Reel Big Fish, Millencolin, Porkers, Area 7 etc.
Fin.

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2003, 02:40:43 PM »
Vomit Inducing? I've listened to punk and hard core stuff like slayer and almost died. DAVE OWNS THE MUSIC INDUSTRY. That's all I have to say.  

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2003, 03:01:56 PM »
No, rich multinational organizations run by former monopolizing CEO's own the music industry.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2003, 03:55:13 PM »
ehehehhe they sure do manu they sure do