Author Topic: BAD A$$ MO FO (SPOILERS WITHIN)  (Read 8080 times)

Offline NickNiteQ93

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
BAD A$$ MO FO (SPOILERS WITHIN)
« on: April 02, 2003, 05:03:42 PM »
Read only if you've beaten the game please

SPOILERS

Ganondorf is exremely f@*&in cool in Wind Waker.  It was like watching some Japanamation  cartoon or something, but dude, dual swords, that get-up, just all around bad ass man.  I think that Nintendo finally perfected his look and style, cuz he rocks in WW.  Anyone agree/disagree?  any other characters you liked?  
I think, therefore I wish.  I wish, therefore I'll never get.          

Life is long and hard, so rock out with your cock out.

Nobody is perfect. I am Nobody. Therefore I am perfect.

Offline Giolon

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2003, 05:12:42 PM »
Miss Tetra is my favorite character of all time in Zelda.  Medli, the Battleship game man, the picture man, and Orca are my other favs.
¤~Giolon~¤

Offline Chris150

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2003, 05:40:37 PM »
***FINAL BOSS SPOILERS***

I love it when you fight gannondorf, it's really fun. And it's a nice change for zelda to actually be helping you instead of sitting there screaming when you get hurt.
AC Info:
Town: PsiWater
Name: Chris(space before the C)

Offline Giolon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2003, 10:44:33 PM »
*OoT Spoiler Warning*

Zelda did help in OoT, she blasted Ganon's arse for you and held him down so you could give him the final whack.
¤~Giolon~¤

Offline Chris150

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2003, 04:41:37 AM »
That's hardly helping.....  
AC Info:
Town: PsiWater
Name: Chris(space before the C)

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2003, 05:12:54 AM »
Spoilers:

Though I though it was funny when you ready to reflect the light arrow and she still setting up. But when you have to push him off yourself, you get struck with the arrow. Though I like how Gannon dies, I don't think he will be coming back (at least that one.) But then again there is that prophacy from the thieves guild (sorry I forgot what the race was called) that a leader will be born ever few hundred years. But then again that race was the only one that wasn't noticably represented. (The Zora turned into the Bird people, the rock people are still around.... ) And Hyrule was totally destroyed. So this will be really interesting how them make a sequal to this one. (I can't wait.)
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline yellowfellow

• I have become comfortably numb.
    • View Profile
Final Battle: BAD A$$ MO FO (SPOILERS WITHIN)
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2003, 06:32:53 PM »
how to make a sequel from this one? how about, unknowingly pulling the sword from ganon's mug frees him of his binding?
procrastination and masturbation are fine, until you realize you're only screwing yourself

Offline BlkPaladin

• View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2003, 07:31:16 AM »
Spoilers:

But he would die of the injury. I don't think anyone can expect Gannon, who doesn't have the Triforce of Power anymore to survive having his brain scuered alone with his spin and maybe lungs, the sword pierced him square in the forhead while he was looking up. Its a little unrealistic even for the Zelda universe. And supposedly Gannon was wiped away with Hyrule because of the King's wish on the true Triforce.

And the only way I see the sword being pulled out by a hero again. (Because they have to have the Goddess's promission (The three pearls belong to each of the three goddess who orginally made Hyrule and the Triforce.)) Is if a bigger badder evil shows up in the future, and them maybe some would have to heal him. (But after denouncing the Triforce and the gods I don't think that would happen.)

Offline yellowfellow

• I have become comfortably numb.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2003, 08:06:28 AM »
speculating more, how about if the arising evil is the essence of ganon and it is mysteriously wreaking havok on the world, so some how link (unknowingly) is thrust in to receive the three items of virtue and retreive the master sword to combat this evil, and once he does ganon's body is free to take on physical form again... perhaps the trifore of power did something unnatural to him
procrastination and masturbation are fine, until you realize you're only screwing yourself

Offline theaveng

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2003, 06:08:12 AM »
Ganan will break free from the stone, the same way he broke free from his alternate dimension prison after Ocarina.

My opinion on the ending:

LAME LAME LAME
The ending was totally lame. Ganan was sooooo easy to beat. All you have to do is:
- Pelt Ganan with the boomerang so he can't dodge Tetra's light arrows.
- After 3-4 hits, Zelda bounces the light arrows off your shield.
- And then you kill Ganan with ONE parry blow.

Lame! ONE blow to kill the most dangerous person in Hyrule?!? Lame, lame, lame. The Ganandorf fight in Ocarina was sooooo much better. It was actually a challenge.

And then the story's conclusion, there's about 30 seconds of happy-looking people, credits, and 30 seconds of Tetra/Link sailing off. I played 30 hours for that lame ending?!?!? Again, Ocarina's ending was sooooo much better. I guess I'm just used to Final Fantasy's 15 minute endings, and so expected more from Wind Waker.

Troy  

Offline Smadte

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2003, 06:56:48 PM »
Yeah, Nintendo really needs to make their endings better. The credits song was great though.

Offline BlkPaladin

• View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2003, 08:14:21 PM »
I think Puppet Gannon made up for the easiness of Gannon.  I was great in my opinion especially if you do with out the boomerang.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2003, 04:41:38 PM »
I miss the semi-traditional Nintendo credits format where the game visits the various locales in real-time and sometimes shows some kind of gallery of all the characters present with original music.  Super Mario World had it, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Kart, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Pikmin had what I had in mind.  Sadly, Metroid Prime, Mario Sunshine, and Wind Waker didn't, probably cuz of dev time, so I was slightly disappointed.

If someone pulls the sword outta Ganon's head, he'll die of a heart attack or some other horrible health condition.  That man is 110% Triforce-powered cholesterol.  The only character to rival his size was that awesome black pig that nearly kicked my ass after I threw him off the cliff.  From now on I'll respect the bacon I eat in the morning.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline rodtod

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2003, 02:19:08 PM »
This final boss fight was well done. I think it's interesting that the fight consists of very specific goals and strategy, rather than simply button-mashing until the boss is dead. In OoT, the final boss fight was very repetitive (hit face whack tail). But this time around, you have to do a good job fending off an expert duelist, while parrying-in for a blow when possible, while trying not to get nailed by friendly fire, etc.

Excellent boss fight. Can't wait for the sequel!
will the real rodtod please stand up, please stand up, please stand u-[SMACK!]

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2003, 04:35:38 PM »
I found this battle to be extremely hard the first time.  After prancing through most of the other bosses in the game, Ganondorf forced me to use up two fairies and a potion.  I had a much easier time beating him in Ocarina of Time.
Having said that he was relatively easy on my second try, but I also knew his weaknesses the second time around.  Personally I thought both this and the second-last battle were far harder than any of the other bosses, maybe even too much harder!  I found them to be about right, but anyone playing through their first Zelda game could very well go crazy fighting these two after all the easy bosses up to this point.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline NarmaK

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2003, 02:09:48 PM »
the only time i ever used a fairy in the whole game is when zelda shot me with my own freaking bow, yah i dont like the new zelda she looks like she has herpies.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2003, 02:38:04 PM »
The new Zelda is *kawaii*.

On top of that, she doesn't turn into a guy. (disgusting)
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2003, 05:15:50 PM »
I woulda liked the final battle better if Ganondorf actually had some "magical attacks", and was stronger.

In the first part of the battle, he should have been able to charge his swords up, outstrech his arms and start spinning at you. The hurricane spin, only it's being used against you.  I think ganondorf shoulda sheathed his swords after he struck Zelda and begun to attack you with the secondary attack the Phantom Ganons do.  Not the one you knock back at em, but the other one that is kinda red.  When Zelda woke back up, ganondorf shoulda taken his swords back out and started attackng/blocking, with no magical effects.  

This is the cooler battle outline (Just my opinion & creativity):
   Stage 1
---Ganondorf:  normal sword attacks/blocking + evil Hurricane Spin
---Link:  must dodge attacks/parry when neccesary to get hits off.  Let Zelda get some hits off so you  
   can attack while he is stunned.  Neccesary hits to end stage 1 much more than what it is now.
---Zelda:  Shoot light arrows at Ganondorf

Stage 2
---Ganondorf: normal sword attacks/blocking + red attacks from Phantom Ganons
---Link:  must dodge both attacks/parry around sword attacks to get hits off.  Again, this stage would    
   last longer than what it is now.
---Zelda:  Lay still

Stage 3
---Ganondorf:  EXTREMELY damaging sword attacks + INSANE blocking ability(No other attacks)
---Link:  use shield often. Parrys don't work unless it is immediatly after he is stunned by the light  
   arrow that reflected off your shield and hit his chest.  Still, only one hit will do, but it will take alot
   longer to get that one hit than it does now.
---Zelda:  Shoot at Links shield so he can try and bounce it into Ganondorfs Chest. Try not to hit him

^^^This was simply my image of what woulda made this battle better^^^
      ^^---"There is still hope"---^^

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2003, 09:57:54 PM »
too easy....cool though.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline telaris

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2003, 02:10:51 PM »
"Lame! ONE blow to kill the most dangerous person in Hyrule?!? Lame, lame, lame. The Ganandorf fight in Ocarina was sooooo much better. It was actually a challenge"

Gannons first form was sooo easy hit him three times with light arrow then slash away, one you got to the bottom just go under his legs 10 times you're done.

WW fight was much better he always blocked a boomerang shot or arrow shot. The graphics were sweet as hell too

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2003, 01:02:32 PM »
I don't know what you people expected from the ending.  Only reason FF endings are so long is because they're so darn corny and melodramatic.  Zelda is legendary, and legends never end.  This is just a temporary ending until a new installment arrives, and it's certainly sufficient for now.

The boss battle was cool.  Theaveng, the boomerang and stuff are for people that are less skilled (Miyamoto often said that this game was for everyone, so it would be unfair to have the battle layout that the red lion guy has.  It'd be cool if Nintendo made a really hard game for Gamecube, but this is certainly awesome enough).  If you want a challenge, use as little extra stuff as you can.  Just plain old sword skills.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2003, 02:55:50 PM »
I just hated how the ending after u beat the game.

With the bubbles and all that.  I guess they wen't for a more anime kind of thing.
I missed the old zelda endings where they showed stuff that happened while u read the credits. but yea that song was cool.
Money for war but not enough to feed the poor - TuPac

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2003, 06:36:52 PM »
I liked the bubbles okay, but whatever.  They entertained me for the first time I beat it.

(gads, I've beat the final boss four times and I'm still itching to do it again.  Man I love this game)
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2003, 02:21:18 AM »

My opinion on the ending:

LAME LAME LAME
The ending was totally lame. Ganan was sooooo easy to beat. All you have to do is:
- Pelt Ganan with the boomerang so he can't dodge Tetra's light arrows.
- After 3-4 hits, Zelda bounces the light arrows off your shield.
- And then you kill Ganan with ONE parry blow.

Lame! ONE blow to kill the most dangerous person in Hyrule?!? Lame, lame, lame. The Ganandorf fight in Ocarina was sooooo much better. It was actually a challenge.

And then the story's conclusion, there's about 30 seconds of happy-looking people, credits, and 30 seconds of Tetra/Link sailing off. I played 30 hours for that lame ending?!?!? Again, Ocarina's ending was sooooo much better. I guess I'm just used to Final Fantasy's 15 minute endings, and so expected more from Wind Waker.

Your weird. The ending was brilliant! Best ending ive ever seen in a game. Are you sure you even finished it? It sounds like you just read what the ending was somewhere, seriously what is wrong with you?

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2003, 12:10:33 AM »
give up mario he was banned a long while ago