Author Topic: Pain  (Read 16069 times)

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Pain
« on: February 14, 2003, 11:27:57 AM »
Has anyone heard of the band Pain? A lot of you have probably heard them from the Jabberjaw music video Cartoon Network sometime plays, but I know very few people who actually LISTEN to their music, slightly ska-ish type of They Might Be Giants (great band also). Their music is easily the best I've ever heard but unfortunatly very few people hae even heard it.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Pain
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2003, 02:01:00 PM »
Yeah... I know how you feel when you've found your favorite band ever and you really want them to be heard,  but they just aren't popular.

My favorite band was At the Drive-In.  They're gone now.  Not many knew about them.
But HEY they broke into 2 other bands called Sparta and Mars Volta so it's not all bad.
Money for war but not enough to feed the poor - TuPac

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Pain
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2003, 03:49:31 PM »
Sparta? Really? Sparta's a great band- I saw them as an opening for Weezer at a concert I went to in Atlanta. A little loud (probably audio problems- Dashboard Confessional was there, too, and the sound went out for a couple seconds), but otherwise pretty cool.

Pain's been around since 1994, I believe. They're still around but they aren't touring or releasing an CD's for a while (according to them they got burned out from their last tour). I'd like them to get popular (god knows they deserve it- whether or not people like the music they work hard at it), but as long as they stick around I'll be happy.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
Pain
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2003, 05:07:07 PM »
If you liked Sparta you should check out At the Drive-In - Transatlantic Foe.

Hehe no really!  I checked out Pain.  Check that song out.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Pain
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2003, 06:35:40 AM »
Checking out At the Drive In in general and Transatlantic Foe specically now.

And if you're gonna check out Pain, I suggest Full Speed Ahead- it's one of their best songs. I'd say it IS their best, but there's so many other songs of theirs that I love (like Jabberjaw, Milk, The Comeback, Gavin, Goggins- all great songs).

::EDIT:: Just listened to Transatlantic Foe- *great* song. It really makes you wonder when there's all these bands around making some incredible music but the ones that get popular are Christina Aguilera and Avril Lavign- America's wierd.

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
Pain
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2003, 01:15:44 PM »
So sad that At the Drive-In is gone

And they thought that system of a down - chop suey rocked? psshhhhhh

At the Drive-In - Cosmonaut hands down would put their name to shame.
Sucks that they're gone

Offline rodtod

• View Profile
Pain
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2003, 01:28:24 PM »
Bah, Ozomatli is best by far.

Never heard of this group "Pain", mouse_clicker. have they gone on any tours recently?
will the real rodtod please stand up, please stand up, please stand u-[SMACK!]

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Pain
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2003, 02:53:03 PM »
RodTod: Not for a couple years- 2 or 3, at least. Their last CD was in 2000, I believe. It didn't have any new songs, just a bunch of live recordings of older ones (not in concerts but in recording studios). Like I said, if you've seen the Jabberjaw music video Cartoon Network sometimes airs, that's Pain.

Masterpiece: Bah, Cosmonaut's the only song that isn't worknig for me yet. Still, I've been listening to their other stuff all day (and some Sparta stuff that snuck in).

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
Pain
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2003, 06:03:07 PM »
Ozamalti....

I used to listen to them.

Check out some Mars Volta.  It's not emo-ish like Sparta but it gets pretty crazy.  (it has Atdi's lead guitarist and singer)  (Sparta has atdi's drummer,  bass play and guitarist/singer)

Dang i'm posting in this thread a lot.  

Offline sequoia

• View Profile
Pain
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2003, 08:39:46 AM »
Ever heard of "East West" under fluddgate records? they was voted best hard rock band of 2001 or 2002 or somthing. Or ever heard about Blindside?
I am what I created. Believing in my fate. Integrity is my name.
All that I am doin, can never be ruined. The Torn Outlaw.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Pain
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2003, 05:00:23 PM »
Not a big hard rock fan, sequoia.(

Masterpiece: I'm listennig to Napolean solo right now- THAT is a great song.

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
Pain
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2003, 03:55:21 PM »
yeah it's good.

did you listen to some of their darker songs? like chanbara,  rascauche,  pattern against user,  or arcarsenal?

any one of those.  

mouse_clicker - *Pain* I got shut your mouth and one-legged girl (only things i can find right now) puts a different mood in me and i like it. so far and i'm liking this music exchange kinda thing.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Pain
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2003, 10:36:00 AM »
Shut Your Mouth isn't by the Pain I'm talking about. They're another band called Pain with a much different style of music that I don't really like. If you want to find my Pain songs, search by album (Goggins, Midgets With Guns, Wonderful Beef, and Full Speed Ahead). It's very easy to tell when you have the right Pain because Dan, the lead singer, has a very distinctive voice and the style is very similar throughout all their songs (all of them are slightly odd ).

I've got Chanbara and I think Rascauche, but I haven't listened to them yet. I definetly will, though.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Pain
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2003, 10:51:55 AM »
Hmm, looks like I'll have to check out 'Pain'
And since we're talking about under-rated bands here (Well, I ...think so ^_^), I recommend anything by Mad Capsule Market, sure, they're Japanese, but their combination of styles in their songs is mind-blowing, transistions from grinding techno to death metal to punk. In the blink of an eye!

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
Pain
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2003, 06:27:07 PM »
Mad Capsule Market. I heard of them once.  

I think i just downloaded one of their songs and never listened to it.  I need to check them out again.

EDIT: i guess i'll go past this band thing and bring out another group.  HIEROGLYPHICS.  Underground Hip-Hop.  The shiet. Heard of Del the Funky?  He's in that group.  Also other equally talented people. Check it out if your into the hip-hop/rap scene.

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
Pain
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2003, 08:24:23 PM »
dashboard is pretty emotional.....i dont know any of the bands u guys are talking about, but here is a list of some good bands that not everyone knows about.

yellow card
something corporate
the used
juliana theory

well i think the used is pretty big, but i really like these guys. there are a few others....i especially like juliana and yellow card.....they are pretty bad ass.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Pain
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2003, 02:30:45 AM »
nolimit: Hehe- my sister would love you. My sister's a big Dashboard fan (like I said, we saw them at a Weezer concert), she really likes Something Corporate (as do I- I Woke Up In A Car is one of my favorite songs) and The Used, who I personally haven't heard, and her favorite band ever is Juliana Theory. She's going to a concert of their's and I believe The Ataris (another great band), which is cool because they both have new CD's out. I think Further Seems Forever might also be there.

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
Pain
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2003, 05:34:31 AM »
hahahha i am going to a concert on the same tour. mine is in so cal though. and also the band yellocard that i mentioned is also playing in that concert. its tight that people here have a general good taste in entertainment. just because u havent heard of them doesnt mean they arent good. i will look up pain and some of these other bands.  
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
Pain
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2003, 03:51:24 PM »
Oh.  I'm not into emo and stuff (ie: the used,  julianna theory,  saves the day,  dashboard, etc.)  but i used to be into it.  (why do you think i know those bands so well?)

I kinda started getting back into underground hip-hop and indie rock.

(ie: At the drive-in,  mars volta,  rage against the machine, hieroglyphics,  company flow,  people under the stairs)

Pls check out all of those bands.  I'm sure they will impress one way or the other.

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
Pain
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2003, 06:12:34 PM »
yea i am just sick of all the mainstream.........i enjoyed rap until until about a year and a half ago, but its been bad for a while now. i will give anything a shot, but i hate all this justin timberlake and jlo crap. i dont know how so many people could listen to a bunch of crap like that and actually think that these people have talent.....i get pissed just thinking about it.  

Thomas Paine

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Pain
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2003, 02:28:10 AM »
I'm really indifferent to the whole music scene- before I started listening to Pain, I pretty much only liked the Beatles and classical music. I still love both, but Pain kinda sucked me in like no other music has. A friend of mine once said you never really get into music until you find the style that you love. And that was Pain. Through Pain, I've really branched out into a lot of stuff. Besides rap, pop, and country, there's no real style of music I don't like, just as long as it's done well. I mean, Pain's pretty much ska, I've been to an Incubus concert before (love the band) with Hobbastank, and that's like alternative. I love punk as well (it's almost a given when you like ska), my sister's a huge emo fan and I like most of her music, and now I'm listening to At the Drive In through masterpiece here. I guess I'm lucky I'm so broad in my tastes

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Pain
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2003, 11:02:19 AM »
classical as in pink floyd or beetoven classical?

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
Pain
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2003, 12:18:19 PM »
I can say i'm well rounded too.  

1:i listen to tupac,  damu ridas,  wu-tang clan, bone thugs,  capone....(gangsta rap)
2:i listen to at the drive-in/mars volta,  rage against the machine....(indie)
3:i listen to hieroglyphics,  company flow,  anti pop conortium,  jurrasic 5, people under the stairs....

4: i used to listen to punk,  crass, afi, anti-flag,  dropkick murpheys..... but now i don't
5: my sister listens to hardcore rap  a lot
6: my dad is a BIG Elton John fan, and he listens to pink floyd,  beatles,  the bostones, led zeppelin occasionally
7: i can play the guitar and piano so i really really like instrumentals a lot.
8: and i have filipino/spanish heritage so i know how to play gongs and spanish guitar pretty well.

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
Pain
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2003, 01:27:21 PM »
Oh yeah and you should download a concert of At the drive-in.

I'D RECOMMEND IT OVER ANY OF THEIR SONGS.  because it's such an experience watching them.  Everyone is moving and stuff.  And the lead guitarist and lead singer have afros (was a shock to me at first hehe)  They are all from El Paso texas.  No-one stands in place.  It is really REALLY recommended to get above any of their music.  I have a lot of them.  BUT YOU WON'T BE SEEING THEM IN CONCERT ANYMORE!!!

i can't find any video of Mars Volta but I have one of Sparta but it's not the same ast attdi's.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Pain
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2003, 04:13:57 PM »
manunited: CLASSICAL classical. My favorite composer is Tchaikovsky- while I don't expect anyone to know the name, he's the guy that wrote the Sleeping Beauty ballet, the Blue Danube, and of course The Nutcracker. I also like Mozart and Beethoven, but those are kind of given. I also like current classical- Howard Shore's work on Lord of the Rings was incredible.

I also like the other kind of classical- Queen's one of my favorite bands and Another Brick in the Wall is a just plain great song.

Masterpiece: I've heard Pain concerts are incredible. For a while Dan, the lead singer, shaved his head and at concerts he'd set it on fire and let people roast marshmellows in it.