Author Topic: Here there be ponies  (Read 134769 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Here there be ponies
« Reply #375 on: October 18, 2012, 02:39:47 PM »
They'll be 9 towns :P.

Glad to get a date.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #376 on: October 18, 2012, 02:57:49 PM »
Well I also meant where they will be heading in the season.There is tons of different mythological species in Equestria where they can go. I know the first episodes they will be heading to The Crystal Mountains Which is the city north of Canterlot looking at the map.

Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #377 on: October 21, 2012, 11:25:32 PM »
For those that are interested. The entire first season of the show is going to be on Amazon.com and only there for $24.49. It will release on December 4th. Amazon Season 1 Set
Bonus material will be brand new audio commentary with the cast and crew. Also as far as I am aware this is the first time in America that there is a season set. There is others in Australia

Here is further details about the the season 1 amazon set.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/10/shout-factory-season-1-dvd-details.html
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #378 on: October 23, 2012, 08:46:22 AM »
Everfree Radio aired a new show this past Sunday. Here is the premiere episode.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #379 on: October 28, 2012, 01:54:45 AM »
So a few days till Halloween and lots of Bronies have carved Pumpkins. Equestria Daily a week or so ago asked the fanbase to submit entrees for for the Event and there is 79 of them. http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/10/pumpkin-event-entry-post.html
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #380 on: October 29, 2012, 10:45:26 PM »
Found a mod video of Skyrim that uses pretty much all of the Pony mods in Skyrim.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #381 on: November 01, 2012, 05:25:26 PM »
Well the first episode of 6 of the MLP online game is out and well the site has been taken down by how much it is being hit by Bronies so I am just going to leave the page of EQD where you can find all the links later for when it settles down.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/11/mlp-online-single-player-episode-1.html
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #382 on: November 03, 2012, 01:21:59 PM »
Well EQLA has started and it is being streamed here if you want to watch it. This will be the last Con of the year. http://www.everfree.net/eqla/
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #383 on: November 05, 2012, 03:44:02 PM »
Well for those that were in the stream it was a absolute blast and so funny and it was so informative as well.

Also this weekend is the when the airing of the first episode airs on Saturday of Season 3. I usually hop in a livestream since I don't have The Hub and watch the new episodes as they air. Everfree Network has the Con recorded and they just have to upload it so it will likely be up throughout this week.

Here is some interviews with the VAs and writers in the mean time.
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/11/eqla-megapost-part-1.html

« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 04:52:43 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #384 on: November 10, 2012, 08:09:06 PM »
Finished watching the 2 parter Season 3 episodes for a 4th time today.

It was pretty solid for an Season opener and all the Mane 6 had a part in it and I liked the songs in it. It had a nice backstory bit for those that have been watching the show for a while. Apparently lots of stuff happened in Equestria 1,000 years ago. The villain was okay but I am kinda interested in finding more about him.To add a bit more on this I did like the villain he was just a bit different from the past villains in the series in that he wasn't there most of the episode persay but you could feel his presence. Also this episode did bring back 2 characters from the season 2 finale so you may want to watch that one first before watching this one.

Here is an episode recap from yesterdays episode from EQD.
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/11/the-crystal-empire-parts-1-and-2.html#more

Here is Everfree Radio's review of The Crystal Empire.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M946OfQRxdI&feature=g-u-u

« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 09:14:19 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #385 on: November 16, 2012, 05:36:05 PM »
The next episode is going to be a Pinkie Pie episode and the show staff has said that it is their fave of the season.

Here is a few clips of the episode. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wY0NpmYopzA

http://family-room.ew.com/2012/11/16/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-exclusive-clip/

Just gotta say that with double the Pinkie Pie well the crazyness and 4th wall breaking is going to get out of hand.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 16, 2012, 06:15:51 PM »
Watched the first episode.  Pretty typical first episode of the season.  Now for the good stuff.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #387 on: November 16, 2012, 07:08:12 PM »
Yep the season openers are typically the adventure or the villain type episodes and then the rest of the episodes till it gets to the season finale go into the slice of life episodes with a little adventure episodes thrown in. I will say to elaborate on the season 3 opener I will say the villain was a lot different from the villians we had so far in the series in that he didn't have a presence but he was always there. Some people compared him to Sauron from Lord of the Rings in that he was a overbearing presence and that he was more of "ticking clock" Most of the time in the episode he was his non physical form. The rest of the cast had to do things to stop him from getting to his goal. It was the classic "is there enough time to do everything that can be done to complete our own task while stopping the villian's from competing their goal"
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 16, 2012, 09:18:33 PM »
Yep the season openers are typically the adventure or the villain type episodes and then the rest of the episodes till it gets to the season finale go into the slice of life episodes with a little adventure episodes thrown in. I will say to elaborate on the season 3 opener I will say the villain was a lot different from the villians we had so far in the series in that he didn't have a presence but he was always there. Some people compared him to Sauron from Lord of the Rings in that he was a overbearing presence and that he was more of "ticking clock" Most of the time in the episode he was his non physical form. The rest of the cast had to do things to stop him from getting to his goal. It was the classic "is there enough time to do everything that can be done to complete our own task while stopping the villian's from competing their goal"
Effectively he was a moon with a big smiling face on him :P

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #389 on: November 16, 2012, 09:21:48 PM »
Effectively he was a moon with a big smiling face on him :P:

Yep that is another way to put it.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #390 on: November 16, 2012, 09:22:47 PM »
Effectively he was a moon with a big smiling face on him :P:

Though I do think it was a waste of a cool pony design.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #391 on: November 16, 2012, 10:40:23 PM »
Effectively he was a moon with a big smiling face on him :P: :

Though I do think it was a waste of a cool pony design.

Well I personally think that that wasn't the end of King Sombra. The end of the episode his horn was intact and he did grow back his own horn earlier in the episode so he could come back in his smoke form or his horn could be picked up by someone else and his power could be transfered that way.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #392 on: November 20, 2012, 03:03:45 AM »
As for the new Pinkie Pie episode I watched it again now and it was really good. It was written by Dave Polsky who wrote for season 1 and the episodes Feeling Pinkie Keen and Over a Barrel. Feeling Pinkie Keen was the episode where the "pinkie sense" got into the show and it was one of the funniest episodes. As for this episode it was pretty solid entry in to the "slice of life" type episodes for season 3 to start the season. There was more continuity from previous episodes.

I saw Rainbow Dash relaxing in the sun reading a book from  the Daring Doo episode. I saw Tank from Find a Pet.

For Fluttershy There was continuity from 2 episodes Party of One and Lesson Zero. There was a bear in the episode which I am pretty sure the same one from Lesson Zero which was the one which Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were talking about in Party of One to Pinkie Pie.

As for Pinkie Pie the main focus of the episode she was everywhere in this episode.There was lots of gags and such but at the same time there was also the balancer to the episode if you look at the episode closely. This episode I can relate to the message because online I am apart of a lot of fan bases and it is so hard to please everyone and it can get hard to do at times and I sometimes don't focus as much as I could or should on myself.

Here is a few episode reviews.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzXn89SqMrg
 and

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/11/too-many-pinkies-episode-followup.html

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 21, 2012, 02:08:58 AM »
Somebody is trying to start up a Brony community on the Wii U Netflix channel.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #394 on: November 21, 2012, 02:34:22 AM »
Well that's cool to know. Thanks for letting me know Shyguy.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #396 on: November 28, 2012, 10:53:29 AM »
how about this thing?

http://theaceofspadez.deviantart.com/art/The-Genetics-of-the-Pony-271328436?q=favby%3Ayay295%2F46043133&qo=71

I have actually never seen this specific thing before on DA. It is an interesting read and the only other pony genetics thing I have seen before was a video from Paleosteno which was made after the Baby Cakes episode.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #397 on: December 02, 2012, 02:42:44 AM »
So the past two weeks there was a CMC episode and this morning there was a Trixie episode which is a character from season one from the episode Boast Busters.

The CMC episode was called One Bad Apple and was a bullying episode and had a new character Babs Seed and she was related to AppleBloom.  I will just say it did a fairly good job covering the bullying issue without being heavy handed about it and it had a real catchy song in it. The song has been remixed about 20 times in the first 48 hours of the episode.

As for the Trixie episode there has been lots of talk since Boast Busters aired on how she could come back and I think this episode nailed it as far as keeping her character somewhat but also having a good conclusion to the episode. I won't spoil the episode because it deserves to be watched and drawn to ones own conclusion about how it was handled. I will just say that I wasn't that much of a fan of Trixie but this episode made me neutral on her.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 02, 2012, 03:56:38 PM »
Haven't watched the Trixie one yet but, I will say on the on One Bad Apple I wasn't overly fond of the episode.  I thought that they designed Babs Seed to look to much like a bully.  Instantly I saw here and knew she was going to be trouble only.  As for the song in the episode it felt a lot like pandering to the remix community.  Less like something that naturally went into the series as something derived from the series.  I hope that will not be a trend.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #399 on: December 03, 2012, 06:52:53 AM »
Hmm Babs Seed I thought that she was an okay character. It is hard to come up with a new character and have a good backstory for them and still make them stand out as a character. Shining Armor from the Season 2 finale episode A Canterlot Wedding is probably the strongest that comes to mind.

As for the song what did you thing felt that was pandering about it. It was popish? Daniel did make a Rock version to the song but he hasn't released it yet. He did make a remix of the song though.
Alexis, she/her/Miss