Author Topic: Here there be ponies  (Read 134771 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: The "Maxi Is Just a Little Too Involved In My Little Ponies" thread
« Reply #300 on: May 18, 2012, 01:16:15 PM »
Here is the last one of the Everfree Radio interviews. It was the first one that they did. Michelle Creber. She voices Apple Bloom and she is the singing voice of Sweetie Belle.

So any interviews from them is going to be new stuff when I post it.

This was done back in November 2011.Interview starts at 33:35.

There is lots of Cons this summer so I am going going to be posting about those. There is lots around the US. 
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 18, 2012, 01:42:34 PM »
Ah... Bronies sunk the Titanic!!!
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #302 on: May 18, 2012, 04:47:28 PM »
Anyway I guess I will just put out the what cons there is out there currently here. Most of these cons showed up from meet up groups around the country and they wanted to make it bigger.

Gonna try to do these in order of when these are happening.

Bronycon June 30th-July 1st http://www.bronycon.org/ there is the site. It takes place in New Jersey.

This year they have a few guests currently. Lauren Faust, John De Lancie, Amy Keating Rogers and Lee Tockar right now.

Lauren Faust is the creator of the show and the reboot. Hasbro went to her. John De Lancie is Discord on the show and is doing a documentory on the Bronies which by the way reached the goal of 60,000 in 3 days. Amy Keating Rogers is one of the writers for the show.Few episodes she wrote are The Dog and Pony Show,The Best Night Ever,The Cutie Pox,The Last Round up and A friend in Deed.  Finally Lee Tockar the voice of Snips and Steven Magnet is going to be there as well.

Trotcon in Columbus,Ohio at July 21st-22nd 2012.

http://trotcon.com/ that is their site. Few of the guest they are having are mainly from the brony community. Pixilkitties. She mainly does comics. Johnjoseco will be there too. He is an artist. He is probably one of the more famous digital artists in the fanbase because of the speed and quality of his work he puts out after each episode. FoalPapers will be there he was suppose to do his presentation at Bronycon last January but some technical issues came up so he had to put his presentation up on youtube later. He basically talk about the mythology of the show and such and references in it. Also the people from PonyCraft aka Minecraft and MLP will be there.

Equestriacon in Austin Texas on August 4th 2012. http://equestriacon.com/
There is their site.

They seems to be going after the musicans at this con which is pretty cool and they have the creator of the Balloon Party Album Circuitfry. Which is basically pretty much every major Brony musican coming together on something that rocks and is very heavy.

Galacon in Struttgart, Germany on August 11th and 12th.

http://www.galacon.eu/

Some of the guests are Mr. Poniator. He typically takes an episode and makes it some change to it in an humorous way. You may have seen his video featured in the Top ten videos of that I have been posting here. KeeponRockin'Brony is an musician and he is pretty good at it. They are also going to have someone there called Swebow who is the head of Legend of Equestria MMORPG.

Next up is the othe major one other then Bronycon and that is Everfree Northwest. It takes place in Seattle Washington on August 17th-19th.

http://everfreenw.com/

Lee Tockar and Cathy Weseluck are going to be there from the show. For community guests.Everfree Radio,AcousticBrony,Sethesito and Equestria Daily,Derpyhoovesnews,Bronyville Podcast,Mic The Microphone, and Equestrian Dreamers.

Basically radio station and interviewers an reviewers, Musicians, News site runner and some for the next one. Podcast and news gather. Rapper and musician and probably the most famous Rapper. A fansite for the game My Little Pony:FIM and Ace Attorney investigations:Miles Edgeworth.

September brings the Brony Fan fair in Austin Texas. September 8th and 9th.

http://bronyfanfair.com/

Midwestria is happening on September 14th-16th in St.Charles Illinois.

http://www.midwestria.org/index.html

PON-3Con in Nebraska on September 22nd. http://pon3con.webs.com/

There is their site and their current guests are Baldumborat the fan voice of Derpy Hooves and the second guest is Max Gilardi who does the .Mov animated movies.

Finally on September 28th-30th in Strongsville, Ohio there is Canterlot Gardens.

The main guest here is going to be Mane 6 the team behind Fighting is Magic. As far as I know they are going to be here only at this Con. Last I heard they were getting voice actors for Fluttershy so I am going to guess that Fluttershy is going to be shown off at this con maybe more fully.

There is one more Con and that is EquestriaLA and I think that is November 3rd 2012. Tara Strong and Andrea Libman are going to be there so far.
http://www.equestriala.com/

These will be shorter from now on. EQD does these weekly with updates on Friday.
 All that was basically from January till now as far as updates go.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 04:52:30 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 18, 2012, 08:58:33 PM »
Welp, Just watched the Apple Cider episode.  I was very frustrated because Apple Jack has been shown to be business savvy before but she doesn't realize that she has an Apple Monopoly in Ponyville.  They have to get the apples from her and she could adjust the prices to make it so she would make at the very least the same level of profit with less work.  Not to mention she provides different variety of apples and services.

Its just the whole thing about losing the form in this way.  An automatic harvester probably be a  better fit.

Probably the worse episode of the season so far.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #304 on: May 19, 2012, 12:28:13 PM »
That's interesting I thought this episode gave Apple Jack more character. She has kinda been stubborn about getting help and wanting to do everything herself. Also there was conflict within the Apple family. Apple Bloom wanted to help out the towns folk while Granny Smith was talking about quality. Also the type of characters that Flim and Flam are as their names suggest tells you what you need to know. It was the classic hard working person versus machine story. John Henry etc. Also the song was a homage to the movie The Music Man from 1962. It was basically to get the town on the side of the Flim Flam Bros so I don't think AJ could work out a deal if she wanted to. It would upset the townsfolk and they would side with Flim Flam. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline FZeroBoyo

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #305 on: May 21, 2012, 11:52:04 AM »

I was rooting around NeoGAF a few minutes ago and found this:

Seems rather timely.
This is where I would write something witty or funny if I had any ideas.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 21, 2012, 12:10:27 PM »
Hahahahahahaha that's an awesome find FZeroBoyo.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 21, 2012, 12:40:00 PM »
I finished the 2nd Season.  Cutie Crusader episodes where probably the best of the season.  The last 2/1 episode was ok.  I need to rewatch Dragon Quest again.  Though this whole season makes you wonder about the role of Parents/Guardians in this universe and the basic Genetics.  It seems you are a Princess by virtue of containing all three Pony Variants.  Another thing having the Earth ponies being the only one able to grow food is really reaching.

Where are most of the parents anyway?  Granny Smith and the Cakes are really the only parents you see regularly.  While technically Twilight Sparkle is the parent you see the most since she's Spikes Guardian who she treats like a servant.

They also been lacking in their consistancy checking this season.  Their is a flashback with Flutter Shy and Rainbow dash where Flutter Shy is obviously older than Rainbow Dash, but they both have their Cutie Mark.  They were at least the same size in the episode showing when the gang go their cutie marks.  Blah, things like that somewhat annoy me.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #308 on: May 21, 2012, 02:16:17 PM »
Your second question was answered in a way by Lauren Faust in her FAQ. The Mane 6 needed to live independent of their parents but innocent enough to learn the lessons at the end of the episodes.  Basically think of it that they are out living on their own doing their own thing. So having the parents there isn't needed that much.  Also I don't think that Granny Smith is AJ's parent. I mean in the Family Appreciation Day episode you see her way back when even before Ponyville was made and that means she is at least 100 years old so it would be difficult for AJ to be Granny Smith's daughter.

I don't see the consistanty problem. Fluttershy was sitting while Rainbow Dash was standing on all of her legs in the Cutie Mark Chronicle episode so it looked like they were the same size. Also they didn't have their cutie mark there because he didn't do the Sonic Rainboom yet. They got their cutie mark and the rest of the Mane 6 at the race. Rainbow Dash finished the race and gets Fluttershy from the ground and brings her back up to Canterlot. Later on in the day the flash back from Hurricane Fluttershy happened and both of them are standing but Fluttershy is on a higher cloud so she does look taller while Rainbow Dash is further back and lower on the same cloud. Fluttershy is the oldest I think of the Mane 6 judging from things that have been said in the show.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 21, 2012, 02:45:34 PM »
Granny Smith is their Grandma.  Still makes her a parent.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #310 on: May 21, 2012, 03:55:12 PM »

I was rooting around NeoGAF a few minutes ago and found this:

Seems rather timely.

I gotta say that is pretty cool. Nice find FZeroBoyo.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline FZeroBoyo

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #311 on: May 21, 2012, 04:12:36 PM »
So aside from posting random E3 related gifs (like this one: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/DrForester/MyLittleE3.gif) I decided to at least say a few sentences on a few episodes I watched a while back...

Green Isn't Your Color - I must say, this is my "favorite" episode so far (though I use the word lightly, given my rather tepid reaction to the show so far). The Photo Finish character was pretty amusing and the whole "don't keep your feelings a secret from friends" is something that viewers could stand to learn. It also led me to see that a four-second video containing one line can get thousands of hits like this: http://youtu.be/FIjUMxEbJ3U

Lesson Zero - Panicking before deadlines and doing something drastic is something we can all relate to, I'm sure. It was pretty funny to see Twilight lose her marbles and nearly destroy society.

Read It and Weep - The nicest thing about this episode was the moral of "don't knock it till you try it", something I think we could all stand to learn.

Haven't checked out any episodes in a while, but maybe I will continue watching some day. Let me reiterate: I don't hate it, but I'm also not crazy about it.
This is where I would write something witty or funny if I had any ideas.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #312 on: May 21, 2012, 04:36:03 PM »
Yeah I hear yea FZeroboyo. Some people love it like myself and some are okay with it like you and that's fine.

Yeah all those episodes are nice choices and are some of the best in the whole series.

Yeah the Read it and Weep episode is the first episode I showed my sister when I she found out me watching the show. I am pretty open about watching it though in real life though. I mainly picked it for the lesson.

Yeah kyrospawn has tons of clips from the show and they are great for just expressing something really quick.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #313 on: May 21, 2012, 07:19:39 PM »
So I just found someone on youtube that has vocal-free episodes of the show.
 If you happen to of watched both seasons or just the first season and want another perspective on the show well here is a background music one.

http://www.youtube.com/user/WingbeatPony/videos This person has up to season 2 episode 5 currently done. There is some parts on the episodes where there is vocals but that is because the vocals at parts are on all the channels of audio and it is impossible to remove. Everything else is fine.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 22, 2012, 11:15:02 AM »
There is so much potential for MS3K with those.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #315 on: May 24, 2012, 01:56:56 PM »
Thought I would put up the top 10 videos of April from Saberspark since the person that was originally taking care of the Top ten videos is back from doing his real life stuff.

Here is the person that actually started the top Ten Pony videos. http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMovieBrony
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 24, 2012, 11:00:01 PM »
Just for you Maxi:
Combining the 2 things you may love just a little too much

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 24, 2012, 11:16:02 PM »
BnM is the new Caterkiller.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 24, 2012, 11:29:30 PM »
I guess if I bothered to see what was actually posted in here, I might have noticed it, but I just straight to the last post and then jumped right back out.

don't want to log more than a few seconds in this thread, if any at all.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 25, 2012, 12:05:01 AM »
Because this thread has cooties.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #320 on: May 25, 2012, 12:22:59 AM »
What I find funny BlackNMild is that you were one of the first people that posted in this topic and was doing so with some regularity. I could have sworn you were into the show...
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #322 on: May 25, 2012, 12:33:58 AM »
Kinda curious have you watched any episodes BlackNMild? Also where did you get those pictures originally?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #324 on: May 25, 2012, 01:10:14 AM »
That's not what I mean BlackNMild. I know those GIFs didn't come from here originally. I mean unless you yourself made them.As far as I know this is the first topic about this show. It either came from somewhere else or you made them yourself.

Also it isn't a bad show. Both seasons are on Netflix now. You could give it a try to see what the fuss is about. If you don't like it then there is no harm in saying you didn't like it.
Alexis, she/her/Miss