Author Topic: Radio Free Nintendo: Episode 189  (Read 10607 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Radio Free Nintendo: Episode 189
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2010, 02:25:57 AM »
I was wondering, did you guys do any sight seeing in Boston while you were there? That's what I did half the time when I was at Pax in Seattle, go out and explore the city, see the sights.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2010, 02:39:19 AM »
I still have to play 12 and 10, I have gotten the games off of Goozex and am now impatiently waiting on trying to buy a PS2 off of a friend.

Instead of playing FF XII, can you just give me 100 hours of your life instead of throwing it away in that horrible, painful, boring chore of an RPG?  ::)   I've been down that road, and you don't want to see where it ends.  FF X, on the other hand, I can wholeheartedly recommend, provided you understand beforehand that it takes a good half of the game before Tidus settles down and stops being so whiny.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline greybrick

• Up the Irons!
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2010, 12:20:07 PM »
I still have to play 12 and 10, I have gotten the games off of Goozex and am now impatiently waiting on trying to buy a PS2 off of a friend.

Instead of playing FF XII, can you just give me 100 hours of your life instead of throwing it away in that horrible, painful, boring chore of an RPG?  ::)   
I got it through goozex, so no big loss if it doesn't work out :)

Quote from: broodwars link=topic=31001.msg599079#msg599079   date=1270535959
FF   X, on the other hand, I can wholeheartedly recommend, provided you   understand beforehand that it takes a good half of the game before Tidus   settles down and stops being so whiny.

I have dealt with Hope in FFXIII so I think I may be prepared for this Tidus.
Bless you, my child.
Please turn the power OFF.

And Jonny, you don't ride the giant Cheep-Cheep

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2010, 04:20:30 PM »
I was wondering, did you guys do any sight seeing in Boston while you were there? That's what I did half the time when I was at Pax in Seattle, go out and explore the city, see the sights.

We didn't have a lot of time for sightseeing, be honest.  I flew in Thursday night and we met up and did karaoke, so the next morning I was pretty tired.  Friday was the live panel, and Saturday and Sunday were pretty full too.  Then I left Monday morning.

I'd like to see the sights, though.  Maybe next year when the show is less of a mystery.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2010, 04:28:34 PM »
Karl and Mike went to the Sam Adams Brewery Tour Friday morning. Jon, Jonny, and I went to Starbucks.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline NWR_Karl

• Red Velvet
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2010, 04:36:22 PM »
The brewery tour was SO awesome - Sklens and I had a great time there, and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Boston. Since I left, I've been hunting online, trying to find the same packaging for New World Tripel. It might be my new favorite beer ever.
----
Karl Castaneda
Associated Raconteur

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2010, 05:14:53 PM »
The brewery tour was SO awesome - Sklens and I had a great time there, and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Boston. Since I left, I've been hunting online, trying to find the same packaging for New World Tripel. It might be my new favorite beer ever.

Mike went back, too, with Lauren, Jonny, and me when everyone else had already set sail.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2010, 05:23:13 PM »
As Director, I feel that I have to set an example for the rest of staff and not engage in such impropriety.
Jon Lindemann

My Game Backlog

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2010, 05:35:02 PM »
As Director, I feel that I have to set an example for the rest of staff and not engage in such impropriety.

"Man...**** Super Mario Galaxy 2!"
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline NWR_Karl

• Red Velvet
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2010, 05:36:00 PM »
I think Lindy probably abstained because Sam Adams wasn't offering up any beds to fall out of.
----
Karl Castaneda
Associated Raconteur

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2010, 07:11:39 PM »
Do as I say, not as I do.

Actually, scratch that - don't do as I say either.

Let me bring it full circle and just say that I am not a role model.
Jon Lindemann

My Game Backlog

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2010, 09:07:30 PM »
No LARPing for Lindy, eh?
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2010, 12:40:41 AM »
I still haven't gotten around to listening to the PAX podcasts yet, but I went ahead and listened to this. Jonny's new business convinced me to buy FFXIII, which I did before the end of the podcast (at least I'm making good use of my Amazon Prime membership). The Omegathon sounds like it was awesome; it's really too bad I had to fly out before that happened.

Lindy, if that was your trash talking A-game you don't have the skills I would have imagined, though maybe it just wasn't showing as much because you were losing for so much of the game. We're not going to get a rematch, but we should at least give NHL 10 a go on Xbox Live.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline greybrick

• Up the Irons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2010, 02:55:25 AM »
No LARPing for Lindy, eh?

I did a study on LARPers for an anthropology course, some of the scariest people I have ever met. To think that they are not that far removed from my place on the nerd chain is a bit unsettling.
Bless you, my child.
Please turn the power OFF.

And Jonny, you don't ride the giant Cheep-Cheep

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2010, 01:31:57 AM »
Lindy, if that was your trash talking A-game you don't have the skills I would have imagined, though maybe it just wasn't showing as much because you were losing for so much of the game. We're not going to get a rematch, but we should at least give NHL 10 a go on Xbox Live.

Nah, I wouldn't call that my A game at all.  I don't know you well enough to really talk trash, partly because I don't want to offend you and partly because I'd need more background material.  I'll definitely play you at NHL 10, though.
Jon Lindemann

My Game Backlog

Offline yoshi1001

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • PIRN-Pokemon Radio
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2010, 10:27:19 PM »
On a subject that's not FF13, I found the 3DS discussion interesting. However, I think the system will include some sort of 3D control in which you can manipulate objects in 3D with the stylus/your hands/fingers. After all, why just fix the Virtual Boy when you can also fix the U-Force?
For Pokemon news and interviews, check us out at:

http://pokepress.blogspot.com/

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2010, 10:52:42 PM »
I just want to thank Jonny for pimping FFXIII. I picked it up this weekend and am really enjoying it.
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi