Author Topic: Mario Appears in NBA Street V3  (Read 11291 times)

Offline Kulock

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Mario Appears in NBA Street V3
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2004, 01:17:06 AM »
Restricting it to just Mario characters doesn't make as much sense to me, though. A group of All-Stars that's just a bit more "street" (and I mean that in a vague sense), like say Mario, Link, Samus (sans most of her armor, probably? It'd be fun to see the lady under the battle plating still doing what she does best), and Fox McCloud, might fare better.

I mean, I like Peach, but if that corner logo is depicting some or all of the Mario characters included, I don't think she'll be a very popular pick, particularly for a game like this. Heck, Miyamoto hates the idea of Peach not being a damsel in distress anyway (I really don't think he liked what HAL did with her in Melee), I'm surprised it's OK for her to rough it up in a game of football, unless she's just going to watch from the sidelines and wave stupidly or something. (Not putting down Peach, but the way Nintendo insists she be depicted lately, like she's on a permanent dose of Valium.)

Offline phatfarm

• View Profile
RE: Mario Appears in NBA Street V3
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2004, 02:24:39 PM »

Offline phatfarm

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2004, 02:26:11 PM »
Nintendo overpimps their characters...

Offline D-Mac Double

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2004, 10:38:21 PM »
It's reported in IGN's Mailbag that only Mario, Luigi, and Peach are the playable Nintendo all-stars, so there'll be no Wario or Yoshi in the game.

Oh well. I'll still be picking this one up for sure, because I'm in need of a new NBA game, and I really enjoyed the first NBA Street, though I'd only rented it.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2004, 12:00:28 AM »

Originally posted by: Bloodworth
Mario doesn't fit in?  Haven't you played the Mario RPGs?  Mario is LEGENDARY for his JUMPING.  He is going to 0wn on the courts.  And what Princess Peach with that hover-jump?  It's like Michael Jordan all over again.  Word!

What about Luigi?? Remeber in Paper Mario Koopa Koot wanted "Air" Luigi's autograph. Forget LeBron...Luigi is the next Jordan!!
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2004, 04:08:51 PM »
does mario only appear in the nintendo version of the game, or all versions?
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2004, 10:12:48 PM »
Well, duh, would you really expect Nintendo to give Mario to their competitors? They saw the sales numbers of Soul Calibur 2 and wanted a similar success with another game.

Offline 3rdrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2004, 10:14:51 AM »
So do they have special moves? like mario eating a mushroom and slam dunking? or a Luigi triple jump dunk?  
Fuzzy eybrows!

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2004, 03:12:47 PM »
from what I hear mario peach and luigi are a few feet shorter than all the other characters in the game.  which should mean crazy antics. I wonder if we'll get to use a metroid as a basketball. or maybe even have samus as a ball.