Author Topic: Deluxe Digital Promotion tally  (Read 15872 times)

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: Deluxe Digital Promotion tally
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2014, 06:05:56 PM »
By Wednesday, I'll be over 15000pts ($150).

Wow. Spending $1500+ in eShop seems crazy.
(Yes, I am just jealous.)
NNID: ejamer

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2014, 06:06:34 PM »
It looks like I'm going to close out at 17,011 points, coming just shy of my goal of getting back half the price of the console through this.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2014, 06:23:16 PM »
I'm at 10,003 points myself. Honestly, I'm surprised the eShop even had that many games to buy.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2014, 06:39:14 PM »
It looks like I'm going to close out at 17,011 points, coming just shy of my goal of getting back half the price of the console through this.

So to consider how much of a value proposition this was, how far did your $1700 get you in games?

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2014, 08:54:02 PM »
By Wednesday, I'll be over 15000pts ($150).

Wow. Spending $1500+ in eShop seems crazy.
(Yes, I am just jealous.)

For what it's worth, my "Retail" folder is going to cross into 3 pages before 2015 is over. And most of those were discounted or with gift credit.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2014, 08:55:37 PM »

So to consider how much of a value proposition this was, how far did your $1700 get you in games?

Way, way too damn far. I'd have been digital-only and probably bought most if not all of the same things even if the program never existed, though, so it's a nice bonus.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2014, 09:20:12 PM »
I've bought the Deluxe model. I've bought one game off the Eshop. Earthbound. I'll probably buy Pushmo World and maybe a GBA game or two someday in the future. Everything else I buy physical. I bought the deluxe so that it would be able to hold the few games I download, my save files and extras (like more rockband songs) I might purchase without having to get more memory or an external storage device. Mainly, though, I bought it because it was black. I'm happy with that choice.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2014, 09:35:22 PM »
I squeezed out a second code yesterday. I was tempted to cash in one last one by purchasing Captain Toad but I figure anything bought now might not register with the DDP sight. It was a pretty cool program and I wish they would do something more like this in the future. Maybe they could always do this for early system adopters.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2015, 12:39:40 AM »
I don't buy digitally when a game in retail form exists. However, I earned $40 with the DDP.

I guess the games I got with review codes counted? That isn't meant to brag, so I am sorry if it came out that way. :/
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2015, 07:58:46 AM »
... probably bought most if not all of the same things even if the program never existed, though, so it's a nice bonus.

This (along with being a true early adopter so you had lots of time to use the program) is where the real value is.  An eShop kickback makes a fantastic bonus when you would've been buying those games anyway.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2015, 12:43:07 PM »
I've bought the Deluxe model. I've bought one game off the Eshop. Earthbound. I'll probably buy Pushmo World and maybe a GBA game or two someday in the future. Everything else I buy physical. I bought the deluxe so that it would be able to hold the few games I download, my save files and extras (like more rockband songs) I might purchase without having to get more memory or an external storage device. Mainly, though, I bought it because it was black. I'm happy with that choice.

same. I think out of the few things I bought on the eshop, most of them were those games that were like $0.34  for anniversary or something. I made no attempt at taking advantage of the DDP.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2015, 07:02:36 PM »
I ended up buying a $5 game to get my fifth and final credit. Still, considering I only ever bought two things, those five credits really are free.

I bought the deluxe so that it would be able to hold the few games I download, my save files and extras (like more rockband songs) I might purchase without having to get more memory or an external storage device. Mainly, though, I bought it because it was black. I'm happy with that choice.
About the same reasons I wanted the Deluxe as well. I actually had an opportunity to buy a Basic for $180, but declined because it just isn't worth it. Even though it says it's 8GB, actual usable space on a Basic is actually something like 3 GB, compared to around 25 GB of usable space on the Deluxe. 3 isn't enough for most retail games, let alone save data and updates and stuff to go with that. With the unexpected free retail games I've gotten though, I am close to filling up that 25 GB. If I get another free retail game for something, I'll probably have to delete one of the ones I have now.

I don't have an external/portable hard drive, so I didn't want to have to get one as that would be an extra cost, not to mention the hassle of setting it up and having it hanging off the system. Having that internal storage was worth something to me. Not only that, but I also preferred the black to the white, though both are boring. I got the Zelda bundle though so at least my GamePad has some gold trim. And, I also wanted the GamePad stand that comes with the Deluxe, something which I actually have used as it's handy to set it up in front of me with games that display maps, or even to poke at in NSMB to make blocks appear. With the digital deluxe program added on top of all that, the Deluxe really was a better value than the Basic for me.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2015, 01:11:12 AM »
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2015, 11:06:13 AM »
EDIT: Never mind.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2015, 04:50:38 AM »
I got $120 worth out of the ddp, kind of hoping they expand it, it was a pretty good customer appreciation program.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2015, 12:30:58 AM »

If you don't see how I fucked myself there, let that number roll around in your head for just a moment more.

The irony is, I though I clinched  exactly 9501, and was pretty freakin proud of myself for being a clever consumer, down to the wire on New Years Eve.  But guess what?  A $1.49 purchase is ROUNDED DOWN to 14 points, rather than 15!  And a whole bunch of Hyrule Warriors DLC at 99 cents each?  9 points, not 10!!!!!

Frickin Frick Frick!
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!