Author Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising Super Guide  (Read 11670 times)

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Kid Icarus: Uprising Super Guide
« on: March 24, 2012, 07:16:19 AM »

Complete your idol collection!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/guide/29604

We've got a complete guide planned for Kid Icarus: Uprising, but until it's ready, why not complete your AR idol collection? We've got nearly half of the 404 idols ready for you to scan using the AR camera feature. Even better, each AR scan gives you a 100 heart bonus! Click the categories on the right side of the page to begin collecting! You can click on each card to zoom in and press the left and right keys to switch cards.

Be sure to keep checking back for the latest updates! Next up: Weapon fusion tables, Powers list, Treasure hunts, and more!

Also, if you're interested in trading your actual cards, please check out our forums!

Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
Re: Kid Icarus: Uprising Super Guide
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 11:02:00 AM »
To wake up to this much content before I have to spend the whole day at work is surely a curse. Thanks for all the image uploads, they also work off my cellphone so I'll have something to do during my lunch break.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 12:09:31 PM »
Wow.

Amazing! Thanks for doing this, NWR! I'm slowly making my way through. (free hearts galore!)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 01:31:47 PM »
Wow... Thanks for spamming my Facebook wall... (i tease... :D)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 01:44:44 PM »
Whoops. I need to fix that.

If anybody has any we're missing or can scan in ones where we had to use a lower quality image, please send them our way and we'll replace them in the next update.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline SectorStar

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 04:42:59 PM »
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I cannot get ANY of these to scan. It seems like you already have to fight to get it to scan physical cards sometimes. Odd considering I was able to scan the things through a computer screen with no hassle at all for the pokedex app.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 04:48:53 PM »
These rely on more shades/finer details than the Pokemon cards, but I haven't had a problem, even with the low-quality ones. [Edit: turns out color is not required] You might play with your screen's brightness/contrast settings to see if it needs to be tuned. Otherwise, you might want to talk to Nintendo about a repair, especially if you're having trouble with the physical cards, or just move to a place with better lighting. Also, in case it wasn't obvious, you can click a card to zoom in and move between them with the left and right keys.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 02:38:32 PM by MegaByte »
Aaron Kaluszka

Offline SectorStar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 04:52:51 PM »
I'll mess with the lighting later, as I leave for work soon and don't have a lot of time to mess with it. I know I'm not the only one having issues scanning these though because a lot of people on gamefaqs were posting questions asking about scanning the physical cards

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 04:56:47 PM »
I have a suspicion that a subset of 3DS cameras may be defective because some people here also had problems with the original AR card set. Even the working ones sometimes capture one eye in a yellowish tint in 3D photos.
Aaron Kaluszka

Offline SectorStar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 05:01:02 PM »
Well I've already had to send mine in THREE times for various other things, so I'm not too keen on doing that again. The only time I can get the physical ones to scan right on the die is if I take two cards, turn them vertically so the arrows on the bottom are touching and then it seems to work almost instantly. If I switch one for another in the same position then it usually works ok. Its one I'm trying to scan one all by itself is when it doesn't always seem to wanna work.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 10:22:18 PM »
Lots more added thanks to the European set... almost all of the items, one extra weapon of each class, and more!
Aaron Kaluszka

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 08:45:09 AM »
Very cool to be able to see these, but only reinforces my feeling that digital copies are not reasonable substitute for actual cards.  I'm sure some people will be thrilled though.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Bman87301

• AtGames Defender
  • Score: -10
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2012, 12:09:00 PM »
I'm not sure if you guys are aware of this or not, but the "Little Girl" and "Gemini Orbitars" cards are non-functional mockups (note the grayed-out AR patterns). You may want to take down those images until the official cards are found, otherwise you're gonna cause a lot of headaches for people trying to get them to work.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 01:15:08 PM by Bman87301 »

Offline Karmacode

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2012, 08:27:18 PM »
Thank you guys so very much for all your hard work in making these AR cards available to us. I found this site by accident while looking for a weapons guide but it's clear that from now on I'll be checking this place out often :)
3DS: 3866-8385-5554
Gamertag: K4RM4CODE

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2012, 08:40:28 PM »
We'll have a weapons guide up soon, so check back again :)
Aaron Kaluszka

Offline SteveSound

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, 04:59:21 PM »
I think I got a really rare one. This AKDP (european) 403 Pit (Rally Cry) has a sparkly angel wing printed on the top corner!!!

Offline Klonoahedgehog

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2012, 05:55:05 PM »
I have a question i ordered some of these cards when Nintendo posted them on there Website awhile ago and they still haven't arrived, how long does it take for them to arrive?

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2012, 06:07:15 PM »
I put in my order on the 13th, got my shipping confirmation on the 15th, and it arrived on the 17th.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 06:10:58 PM by MegaByte »
Aaron Kaluszka

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2012, 06:09:55 PM »
You should have gotten an email from Nintendo. If a lot of people ordered them, it could be awhile.

I ordered my on day 1, still have not gotten mine yet.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Zembaphobia

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2012, 07:32:20 PM »
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/media/23280/4/529.png
Has anybody gotten this to work? I've been struggling with a few of then, but this is the only one that I can't scan

Offline Bman87301

• AtGames Defender
  • Score: -10
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2012, 07:58:06 PM »
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/media/23280/4/529.png
Has anybody gotten this to work? I've been struggling with a few of then, but this is the only one that I can't scan
I'm not sure if you guys are aware of this or not, but the "Little Girl" and "Gemini Orbitars" cards are non-functional mockups (note the grayed-out AR patterns). You may want to take down those images until the official cards are found, otherwise you're gonna cause a lot of headaches for people trying to get them to work.
You're not alone-- that one doesn't work. As you can see, I told them they should take that down... :-/

Nintendo grayed-out the AR patterns on the when showing off previews of the cards prior to the release. This is one of those images. The official version of this card hasn't been distributed yet. The same applies to the "Gemini Orbitars" card.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 01:16:33 PM by Bman87301 »

Offline Cyrian

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2012, 02:13:28 PM »
I have a question i ordered some of these cards when Nintendo posted them on there Website awhile ago and they still haven't arrived, how long does it take for them to arrive?

I got my shipping notification on March 22nd, and they still haven't come. =/
I'm going to give it a couple more days and then I'm going to contact them about it.

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2012, 02:44:37 PM »
I got the shipping notification two weeks ago or so, and only got them in the mail yesterday.

Conclusion? They should be on their way. I think.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2012, 02:58:18 PM »
I *just* got my Club Nintendo cards on Saturday... and I ordered them ASAP... so, I wouldn't worry yet.

Also got my EBGames Canada cards.  Sadly, there's rumors that they're going to be giving these same cards away in the US at GameStop events on the 14th. :(

Even worse, only one of the six cards in the game was one I didn't already have. :(

/le sigh.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline muskieratboi

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2012, 12:57:17 PM »
From what I can gather, the AR cards use the small stained-glass like section at the bottom left of the card to identify the card, and the black frame to position the model.  the "stained glass" section contains 16 sections, and acts akin to a barcode, with each section being either red, green, or blue.
So that's 4096 possible cards.. hrmm.. Anyone wanna program up a generator, see if there are any mysterious cards that haven't arrived yet?